It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Colorado Sheriff Owns President Obama...This Cop...I Like!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm waiting for someone here to tell me that this guy was fake and he was wearing a back pack at the scene of the crime, and he works for Craft or Blackwater...

in all seriousness, the guy is spot on. Too bad he sucks at reading que cards, otherwise he should be a spokesmen for defending the 2nd amendment.

just my thoughts,

Cheers and beers folks.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
All I see is bitchin and moanin with no real solutions of his own. No wonder he's a grunt in a backwater town and not President of the United States.

If by "grunt" you mean heavy awarded hero, with both a first responder to the Aurora Theatre Massacre award, and the Colorado Life Saving award (his actions directly resulted in an innocent life being saved) clearly shown on his uniform from service in times of tradgedy.

And if by "backwater" you mean the most advanced technological infostructure city in the USA (Beoing, ITT, USAF, Ratheon, Lockheed Martin, BAE etc.) containing the CIA database, NORAD and Star Wars defence sytem controls, largest fiber-optic network, main satelite survaliance center (Buckley), leading medical complex (Anschutz Medical Center) and the global leading metropolitan area in clean energy research, harvesting and education the world has ever seen.

Then yes you are correct a "grunt" from a "backwater" town is not PONTUS.

God Bless,

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

This is an interesting reaction. I wonder, why is it that you want this man, who you have correctly identified as a pretty low level functionary, to formulate a solution to the problems at hand?

You dismiss the mans plea for a realistic approach to the issues affecting the USA, as mere moaning, but I cannot understand why. It is any citizens job to speak out and ask his elected representatives to hear his thoughts on a given issue. It is not his job to solve the problems, but as one of the people who actually deals with thier effects it IS his right and duty to alert his superiors, and indeed the people who fall under his protection, of his opinion on the matter, forged as it has been, in the fires of reality, and not just as part of a thought excersize taken behind the most secure garden fence on the face of the planet.

And, lets face it, the man seems to have a much more realistic understanding of the actual root causes of the problems that the US faces at the moment. He knows that people commit vile and brutal acts with WHATEVER they have to hand, and will be more aware than the President, of the on the ground circumstances that lead up to such events. While he might not be the person to come up with the strategy that solves these issues, it would be irresponsible of him not to point out the foolishness of making changes that cannot possibly make the blindest bit of difference.

It would also be irresponsible of him to allow the propegandism and wrong think that is spewing out of the White House right now, to go un checked by rational thought. The Sheriff is aware that the real problem in the US, is that peoples rage and mental dysfunction goes utterly un-touched, un-managed. He knows that without addressing the cause of the mental breakdowns suffered by those who turn on thier fellow man and desire to cause bloodshed, mayhem and horror, those who desire to sow the seed of chaos, that nothing will change in any significant way. The murders that were committed using rifles, will instead be committed by blade, by bat, by bricks , golf clubs, by the contents of a tool kit, by all means.

It is not the availability of guns that cause the American people the pain they have been through in recent times, but the fact that people who were so utterly broken in the mind, were able to have access to innocent people, and ANY item you could use to kill a person with. Harold Shipman was a prolific killer doctor here in the UK. He happened to kill old ladies. He is linked with the deaths of over three hundred women. He never used a gun. He used his medical skills to kill his victims in such a way as to make it difficult for him to be linked to thier deaths, which is why no one is completely sure how many dead women met the Ferryman on his account.

This Sheriff fellow understands that unless the people behind the triggers of these guns were to be properly dealt with by the state, all the gun laws in the world would not have made the blindest bit of difference to the outcomes. People still would have died, people still would have been traumatised, and a person who should have been either medicated, institutionalised, or simply given space and time to heal, would have been transformed by pain, by sorrow, or simply by chemical imbalance, into a calculating death machine, absent pity, remorse, or the merest of human compassion.

He may not be in a position to formulate an alternative plan, but at least he isnt afraid to look the devil in the eye on this subject. It is VITAL that this reality be recognised by the establishment, and by the people of the USA. If it is not, the people of America, face a future which puts the law abiding citizen at a disadvantage when faced with armed criminals, errodes the sanctity of one of the most important documents, not just in US history, but it the history of global politics, and does all this in the name of party politics, rather than a genuine and concerted effort to solve the problems that are really facing the US right now.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by jude11

So, he goes on a Rant..
And offers no Solutions..
Must be an Elected Official.

He suggested a few solutions.

-Spend the same money you are on foreign countries to better secure our boarders.
-Spend the same money you are on foreign countries to better educate our children about the violent state of our culture and the affects of a violent social climate can have on the long term mental stability of the child exposed to it.
-Spend money researching and addressing the root cause of violence and the glorification of it in our media and culture icons, and begin to take those findings into more concideration when determining what content we push to our citizens through media, games and entertainment.

He also suggested stop using these events to take away further freedoms from law abiding citizens, that is also a SOLUTION to a current problem.

God Bless,

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The 0bama fan boys are busy here in this thread.

At this point,
would do a better job then the Tyrant 0bama.

edit on 22-4-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
obamas farts have more power than him

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
We suffer from a similar "political issue" here in Canada in terms of "blanket gun laws" for the entire country when 99% of gun crimes take place in large urban areas. If large cities actually feel that strict gun laws help protect them and make them feel all warm and fuzzy inside, then go ahead, pass your useless asinine laws, but leave us "redneck backwater" folks the hell alone, we want absolutely nothing to do with you people or your ideals. If inner city citizens aren't mature enough to own firearms then so be it, ban certain firearms in that large city, I'm sure it will work just as well as it has in places like Washington DC and Chicago where they have the highest gun crime rates in North America.

But they can't, it's an agenda that they have to force upon others, they aren't satisfied that asinine gun laws are an epic failure and that gangs and thugs off each other in record numbers each year in places like Toronto with smuggled and stolen guns, nope, it has to be a *NATIONAL* epic failure and *EVERYONE* must pay the price for the violence committed by criminals in cities like Toronto.

edit on 22-4-2013 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What we allow is what will continue.

It is as simple as that.
edit on 22-4-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

If these new gun laws had of been in affect there wouldn`t have been those guns in that property for him to steal to commit the senseless killings etc.

soooo....what you're saying is the new gun laws prevent stealing? i thought we already had a law for that.

Sure he could have used a club,knife,vehicle etc and maybe only killed a percentage of what he did or maybe more if he`s Chuck Norris`s evil clone just with his bare hands,so should you ban hands? as the question would be asked.

“an attacker named Wu Huanming (吴环明), 48, killed seven children and two adults and injured 11 other persons with a cleaver at a kindergarten in Hanzhong, Shaanxi on May 12, 2010.”

there are many such cases in china where guns are very strictly prohibited.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

All I see is bitchin and moanin with no real solutions of his own. No wonder he's a grunt in a backwater town and not President of the United States.

Really??? Well, at least I can see a few people starred yea (w) Lmao the guy's whole speech was covered in nothing but solutions!!!

...and here's to name a few...

Most Important...Using wisdom instead of violence. ( that's why I didn't call you an idiot for not paying attention)
His speech helped right there.

Hiring LOCAL police officers because they know the problems of their community and they're invested heart and soul.

NOT hacking away at our 2nd amendment rights

Why all the violence here? What is the under line causes?

Instead of spending Billions on a border that doesn't even border us...bring it back home

To stop saying One thing Mr, President and doing another.

The Cop gave many reasons why we should be concentrating on our problems instead of letting corrupt Washington use our problems to jack their own agenda over-seas and here for their own agenda. $$

His speech was awesome!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Why should anyone care about what a pig says?

They work for TPTB to enforce the status quo. That sheriff will arrest you in a second for the various non-victimless crimes that are illegal. He isn't your friend and he's never going to be on your side, unless you're another cop........

He's trying to gain more followers in his hick town so he can be sheriff as long as possible.

Piggy propaganda doesn't work on me, sorry.

edit on 22-4-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Why should anyone care about what a pig says?

They work for TPTB to enforce the status quo. That sheriff will arrest you in a second for the various non-victimless crimes that are illegal.

He's trying to gain more followers in his hick town so he can be sheriff as long as possible.

Well, I for one have more respect for this "Pig" as you call him, than I have for most LEO's. And as most people here that know me can attest to this, it isn't easy for me to swallow some humble pie on the subject.

It took balls and conviction to do what he did and to say what he said. The only thing you should pay attention to is that he is standing for YOUR rights and freedoms.

And that my friend is a rare thing indeed these days.

Peace

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

His job is to uphold the law as it is in the region for which he is responsible. He is making a concerted effort, to illuminate the situation, so that people have an informed position from which to make thier choices about how they act, wether or not they write to thier representatives, and what they say when or if they do. He is attempting to give the people over whom he has some measure of power, an oppertunity to prevent a law being passed, that he would not wish to have to enforce, that he disagrees with, that he KNOWS from harsh expirience will not work.

And your best approach to this, refreshingly frank and honest, and reasonable position, is to call the man a pig and accuse him of some vile alterior motive?

Please explain how it is that this man is part of the status quo as it stands today? After all, the current status quo is "get the guns away from the people". His statements go AGAINST the stream of the people you would call his political masters. So please, explain what you mean?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It took balls and conviction to do what he did and to say what he said.

No it didn't. His county is a majority right wing and republican. Elbert county has stayed red for senate races and presidential races. He was doing nothing but saying what his constituents wanted to hear, what all politicians do.

racesandredistricting.blogspot.com...
www.inewsnetwork.org...

The only thing you should pay attention to is that he is standing for YOUR rights and freedoms.

No, he isn't. He's a cop.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Please explain how it is that this man is part of the status quo as it stands today? After all, the current status quo is "get the guns away from the people". His statements go AGAINST the stream of the people you would call his political masters. So please, explain what you mean?

Hey guess what........

Cops will enforce any law put in front of them regardless if they agree with the law or not. This guy giving lip service means nothing. He will be the first person putting cuffs on you and taking you down to the station because that is his job.

To enforce laws, the status quo. The war on drugs being a major part of this.

Who cares what his political opinions are? I sure don't. He'll arrest people committing non-victimless "crimes" and not think twice about it.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Yes he will, because it is not his job to excersize his will over and above that of the law which he has sworn to uphold. Is it his fault that the things you want to do are illegal? Is it his fault that the government is so corrupt? No it is not. If he goes around arresting people for laws that dont exist, or failing to arrest people who have broken the law, where do you suggest he draws the line between his personal moral code, and the law in terms of guidance?

It is however his duty, to the people, as part of thier protection, another thing he has sworn himself to, to give the people the benifit of his expirience if he finds a way to do that, without breaking the law. I am sure he is just as sick as anyone else, of the things he has to do to uphold the law, the laws themselves, and the people who wrote them.

Its easy to point the finger at a person without ever having been in thier position, but it is clear that you lack the objectivity to actually put yourself in his shoes. I have big problems with the law in my nation, but I realise that they were written by people I have never met, and will probably never meet.

When I see an officer of the law about his business I do not fear them, nor do I hate them, because I understand that like every person in the country, they have thier place in a grand plan that they have no more power to change than any of the rest of us, and more often than not, no more awareness of than even the most blinkered of us.

You have a problem with the law, but you aim your hatred and your anger poorly. Again, a lack of objectivity is your problem, but please, dont make it everyone elses!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Government is as simple to understand as children. Lie, cheat, steal...they will do it and escalate it to the level they can until someone punishes them. And given a chance after the punishment...they will do it all over again. It is time for some spankings.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I'd rather be a successful small town sheriff than a failure of a president.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
obamas farts have more power than him

Fart jokes?

Really?! Typical Obamanoid response.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

thanks for posting this Jude('
')

Im sure we will never see this in the MSM