It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candy Crush Saga....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I often use my android phone to browse ATS. The problem is with the advertisements, one in particular hijacks my browser and sends me to a ad-kings website and then makes my phone open the google play store.
This is soo frustrating, it often takes me 3-4 minutes just to load the "New Topics" page because of this junk advertisement...

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it, without rooting the phone and installing adblock software?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Phone + internet = sucks

I hardly ever use the internet on my phone for the exact reason you listed. Ads which take over pages and open more ads when it misreads my click on the X to close.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

So true, DaTroof

Thank you for the comment.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Yes, don't touch the screen. Touch the return button thingy
You can pay to have the adds taken off
edit on 22-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
Yes, don't touch the screen. Touch the return button thingy
You can pay to have the adds taken off

Care to elaborate about the: "pay to take them off" statement? Pay who, ATS, my phone provider...?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

Nm.

Candy Crush Saga title threw me off.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Is your phone rooted? Have you tried ad-blocking applications? Here's one that I've used for a while, it blocks ads in games, Youtube, and I believe the browser as well: adblockplus.org...

Google removed it from the Play Store so you'll have to install the APK manually off of the website, note that it's a trusted developer. If you don't trust it for whatever reason, simply Google "adblock removed from Play Store" and you'll find credible sites reporting on it. I use it on both my Android Phone and my Chrome Web Browser, it's a beauty.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
You're not surpozed to use them blockers.

It's the law.

But yeah, i can't use my mobile devices for ats. or pretty much most stuff on the net, anything that has a 'feature'.. pop up menus, lists, etc.. they just sit there staring at me blankly, like they are working fine, but it's a con job. A pretty painting of a door on a wall that you always run into. Never to be real.

They call them tablets.. I know why. They are a bitter medicine..

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
yah its really annoying i dont browse with my phone unless im really bored and pooping.. for a while it was just annoying because i had to hit back all the time because it would take me to like a blank ad page that wouldn't load something about android kit or something. But now whenever i open a thread there is like an add box on the right hand side blocking most of the thread so I have to hit X on it but the X is small so it takes me like 3 times to hit it so everytime I miss i get taken to an ad which is annoying then I have to hit back like 5 times then I can actually read the thread..

So yah I dont use phone anymore on here I just play hill climb race now when im pooping they added some new levels and trucks so I have new stuff to unlock now.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
There is a thread created specially for complaints about annoying ads. The owners do look at it and do take action. Here is the link. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

Explanation: Try using the Recents page instead!

Personal Disclosure: Roll over ads are the bane of existence on ATS!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

that goddamn game follows me across the net!!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

I get that too. From anywhere off ats. First it goes to adtracking, then opens the ap store to candy crush saga. Annoying as hell. You have to be quick on the back button if it starts to get to adtracking, or yep, takes forever to get back to load the pages again.

I browse from a phone because I'm not ready to put out a ridiculous price for Cdn rural Internet yet. At least the data package, I don't have to buy a satellite dish.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I was actually thinking of making a thread too, not just because of the online inconvenience, but that game is EVERYWHERE I look, everywhere I go... And all it is is a redone version of Bejeweled!!! With a game board added to it!

Something is up with this game... Mark my words.

top topics

join