It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsarnaev awake and responding in writing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

The goal would be to silence them both. That is at least true for one of the accused. The other is unable to speak (wonder why?). He is also being refused council. We are in a situation where what one man says is what they tell us he said, and this is a very bad situation indeed. He should be dead. That was the plan. Or at least shutting him up being the next line of defense, shooting him in the neck did that. That leaves the written word, if he is so able. Which of course he is, but what is the result of that document? We are yet to find out.

In any event, they have their man. And everything within their power will be done to ensure that he stays their perp.

edit on 22-4-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

First you have an entire city under martial law because of two guys

That's a bigger stretch then this whole conspiracy. Pretty loose definition.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

Yeah I thought it was fishy when I saw "Will tell us in writing." I swear we went through this writing phase before also him telling the story while slowly coming off sedation then putting him back on? That just screams plotting ( to me anyway ). Just seems like one could be easily influenced in this right because of the medication, he could write anything ( if legible ) that he believes was his motive and anyone who checks the authenticity of the hand writing wouldn't be any wiser.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Why would law enforcement even release this information to the press?
Don't they usually keep intimate details to themselves to build a case?

Everything about the bombings is odd it just doesn't sit right with me.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

I am in 100% approval of everything you said.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

Unless someone would like to show how this man is being treated as innocent until proven guilty? I won't hold my breath.

As far as I can see guilt has already been determined. All that's left is the ins and outs, and those are of little consiquence when you have the guilty party, who can be questioned, tried and locked up without ever speaking a word.

If they go the federal terrorism route, thanks to NDAA 2012, they can do EXACTLY that, if they wish.

includes the power to detain, via the Armed Forces, any person (including a U.S. citizen[13][21]) "who was part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners", and anyone who commits a "belligerent act" against the U.S. or its coalition allies in aid of such enemy forces, under the law of war, "without trial, until the end of the hostilities authorized by the [AUMF]

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
i've found a clue that this may be a set up but unable to create a new thread so writing this just to let you know will hopefully be up at 21:00gmt

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
friday morning i made the prediction to some family members that they will say there are more cells and bombs as a way to establish marshal law in other cities.

And you resolutely refuse to believe that it could actually be true?

I'll tell you what, I'll make another prediction right here.

They'll say there are other terrorist cells, and there probably will be. There will be a lot of investigations going on, and there will probably be raids in other parts of the US. They might even manage to stop some attacks from happening.

And this will all be done without Martial Law (which we still have not seen anywhere in the USA since Alex Jones started screaming about it five or six years ago), without taking away your precious guns, and without creating any more new laws to control people.

There are a lot of real strange people here right now trying to link all of this to a false flag and that this was all to take away your guns, it seems that some are so paranoid about this that every time Obama breaks wind someone is on here screaming "they're coming to take our guns!!!!!!!!!!!"

And you all wonder why the pro-gun "patriot" crowd are deemed to be a threat? Any sane person just needs to come to ATS to see the paranoia, and it's obvious why it's considered a threat by some.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

and anyone who commits a "belligerent act" against the U.S. or its coalition allies in aid of such enemy forces, under the law of war,

Doesn't this imply he is working with or for these enemy forces. This is not proven, is it? Is support of Islam an automatic enemy status now?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
"Mirandizing" an individual does not bestow any rights on the individual. Its legal name is "Miranda WARNING". It makes the person aware of his/her rights, and warns them anything they say can be used against them in court. As I understand it, the suspect is a US citizen therefore has the right to remain silent, the right to representation etc. He must know this. I'm puzzled as to why he is providing information.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbluesky

Because he's under sedation, and the feds are a bunch of idiots when his lawyer gets all of this testimony thrown out of court?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Doesn't this imply he is working with or for these enemy forces. This is not proven, is it? Is support of Islam an automatic enemy status now?

They aren't taking this route (though they could)...they are formally charging him on federal counts. Because he's a citizen, it'd be tricky to go the military court route, so they will Tim McVeigh him basically.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Being that he is a citizen of the US, he is subject to his RIGHTS which are explained via Miranda Warning. If these rights aren't read then any confession or admissions he makes are not useable in the court of law unless the suspect willfully waives their Miranda Rights.

So from what I gather, the investigators might be hurting themselves by not giving him a Miranda Warning.. They're doing all of this on the pretense that there is a potential danger to public safety and linking him to a terrorist cell/group... I really don't know what could come of it.

Now..Police only need to be able to show that they could have obtained the evidence another way, for example through investigation, and they can use your statement - even though it was taken in violation of your Miranda Rights.
edit on 22-4-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Because he's under sedation, and the feds are a bunch of idiots when his lawyer gets all of this testimony thrown out of court?

I'd say that summarizes it.. I think the investigators are screwing themselves right now. I think they're relying on the suspects right to an attorney being revoked.. If it isn't, it's going to be a heck of a lot harder to pin anything on him. They also haven't released the video evidence showing him dropping the bag at the scene. I have a feeling we'll never see this..

If the police cannot prove they could have obtained incriminating evidence that you stated prior to being read your Miranda Rights.. Then whatever you said isn't useable in the court of law..
edit on 22-4-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Questioning anything or everything isn't threatening,at least not in my book.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

The public safety exception in one line was started in 1980:
"to secure their (the police) own safety or the safety of the public" were permitted under the public safety exception.35 In U.S. v. Khalil

Why today:
"The legal argument for the exception is that in times of exigency, where the public might be in danger, it is possible to interrogate an individual at some level in order to relieve the public of the danger, without first having given the Miranda warning,

Why Tsarnaev:
He planted at least 2 bombs in a target rich environment of normal Americans; killing 3 immediately and injuring 180 with forced amputations and an estimated 9 million in medical bills. Then, during the chase; where many of my personal friends live, they heard the explosions and have bullet holes in their homes, causing more damage and gave the authorities 2 key pieces of knowledge.
1) they have additonal explosives. This is important because they could have dropped more bombs that day on the 3 major streets of downtown Boston. Since they didn't do this we can only assume they were planning more attacks in short order; especially if he were to escape.
2) they have assault rifles and are used them with purpose. This means that he could show up at prudential center, on commonwealth avenue, or on newbury street all in downtown boston and cause havoc.

So what if he has additional members in his team that are going to act next? Son instead of taking action lets read him is Miranda warning so he can keep his mouth shut and let his friends (if he has any) pick up where he left off. Their is a very narrow way in which this exception is used, and this case fits perfectly into it.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is good, I think the situation was handled pretty well, actually. I'm glad he survived because I think he might be able to shed some light on things. I really like the situations where the people involved survive (like James Holmes).

I think that the younger brother was probably helping his older brother out because it was his older brother, he might not have as much of an emotional connection to the group. Therefore, he is likely to talk.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is good, I think the situation was handled pretty well, actually. I'm glad he survived because I think he might be able to shed some light on things. I really like the situations where the people involved survive (like James Holmes).

I think that the younger brother was probably helping his older brother out because it was his older brother, he might not have as much of an emotional connection to the group. Therefore, he is likely to talk.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Thats also the same one where the surviving victims are located as well is anyone surprised at that?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well ...

If he ends up being found innocent, or if the charges are dropped due to some formality, or if he's expedited, etc. - all INCREDIBLY unlikely buuuut ...

Could you imagine the backlash? I could see Americans actually demanding the suspension of habeas corpus and implementation of NDAA in order to avoid another "terrorist" getting away with it.

Just speculation. I myself have NO idea what to think. For whatever reason I am leaning towards subversion of some degree.

Just my two pence.
edit on 22-4-2013 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join