It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ego: origin of voices in your head which can result in "shizophrenia".

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
reply to post by NorEaster

So, shizophrenia, it's origin could lie in the fact society wants us to believe in our heart so badly. Shizophrenia tells nothing about the personality of a person. They want shizophrene people to look all the same. Just a bag of flesh with auditory and visual hallucinations. That's how I experienced my institutionilastion. Day by day feeling they treated me the wrong way. They give you pills, and when I said I felt better, they were always claiming it was because of the pills. I'm 30 y o and I think I have these hallucinations since I was born. I can't understand what God is, okay now. But that does not mean I am confused about Him. Clear.

Nothing else really.

I'm sorry if you're dealing with Schizophrenia, and I'm very sympathetic with what you probably go though, but it's been very intensely studied and the hell of it is the same hell that Cancer presents to those devoted to treating those stricken - it's a complicated and multifaceted confluence of maladies. It's not a disease that is easy to treat, and when it does what it does, the results on the physical structure of the brain itself isn't temporary. And it's this fact - the permanent impact on the brain itself - that makes treating Schizophrenia so difficult and inherently temporary.

That disease has been a part of my life since I was a teenager. Not as someone afflicted, but definitely as someone who's suffered as a direct result of what it does to people.

edit on 4/22/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
One cannot create a sense of self on his/her? own. It must be given. Attention is what creates sense of self. Attention and acknowledgement. One having no self is the fault of others.
edit on 22-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I write what's truly on my mind, then I get 'security alert' after clickin the reply button.

I don't want to think positive about that situation now.

B.t.w. easternegg, your avatar is crap. A confusing
for you man.
edit on 22-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
What we perceive of the external world are internal representations of what is actually "out their". With a brain that is having problems coping with life problems, audio/visual hallucinations seem like dream states imposing themselves upon awake conditions.

One good example of this is in respect to delayed stress syndrome as in the case of soldiers that have problems dealing with the things they were involved in during war. In the more serious cases soldiers can respond to there surroundings as if they are still fighting and relive the really bad experience they had, despite the fact they are actually not engaged in combat.

There is a theory that presents that psychosis is a coping mechanism that while successful in dealing with life in the past, it is no longer functional. One example is in the case of Bipolar disorder, where in the past, before technology people did not job of machines. So today if you wanted to keep the streets clean you arrange for vehicles designed to clean streets and a driver. Before technology thousands of people were needed to do the same thing. Historically these employees would work 16 hours a day and max life spans were about 48and with respect to those that worked that hard even shorter. The beginning of the depressive phase of Bipolar disorder begins often around the age of 35.

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Where are your sources?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Man, I sure hope that there isn't someone with emerging schizophrenic symptoms reading any of this sh*t. I can't believe how irresponsible this ego crap is getting here on this forum.

THis is exactly my sentiment. I have expressed it on another thread (which had the same theme, same posters).

Imagine the work of the doctors trying to help a schizophrenic grasp some stability,
while they are spending time at this forum with people encouraging them to kill their ego, dissolve, etc.

For f*ç%§ sake, it is incredibly irresponsible!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

If this has anything to do with me. That's the way I was treated, irresponsible. But I had the best intentions with all I meant. I'm a shizophrenic myself (at least, diagnosed) but I have a good intelligence. I just whish the ones 'disrespecting' me wouldn't be so for the gaping wound is still bleeding. That could somehow be the reason, and other reasons as well.

It's been cut open time after time. Where's the sense in that. The body takes much before it drives the mind insane.
edit on 23-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Remember, that what another can be/is, you can be too. If it is a healer, an advanced buddhist monk. All capabilities lies within each of us.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I find that schizophrenia - specifically the sort that hear voices, are definitely to do with sub-personalities or alters.... otherwise known as the alter-ego or variations there of.

I found that with family members, some with whom are schizophrenic and do hear voices, are somewhat the personality type that beat themselves up over mistakes (in their youth), put themselves down, or heard/felt this or even just perceived this upon themselves.

What the result was, the family member would then hear these as voices externalised - within themselves. A personality of its own as such, but within a construct of their own minds.

What i find interesting, is the science behind it is still in early stages, why medications work is not fully understood, yet it does seem to work. What causes a 'thought' from 'memory' to personify itself into an auditory hallucination? That is beyond me and fascinating to understand one day, but as i said - still early days.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty
I find that schizophrenia - specifically the sort that hear voices, are definitely to do with sub-personalities or alters.... otherwise known as the alter-ego or variations there of.

I found that with family members, some with whom are schizophrenic and do hear voices, are somewhat the personality type that beat themselves up over mistakes (in their youth), put themselves down, or heard/felt this or even just perceived this upon themselves.

What the result was, the family member would then hear these as voices externalised - within themselves. A personality of its own as such, but within a construct of their own minds.

What i find interesting, is the science behind it is still in early stages, why medications work is not fully understood, yet it does seem to work. What causes a 'thought' from 'memory' to personify itself into an auditory hallucination? That is beyond me and fascinating to understand one day, but as i said - still early days.

The brain picks residual data sets and configures them into intellect action sets, and that's what the brain does. Those action sets can be physical activity or they can be perception/rumination activity, but each set is created from what exists within the brain's long term memory cloud, short term memory cloud, and immediate memory cloud, with each residual data set accurately (to the best of the brain's ability) attributed, relative to what it is and what it pertains to.

Schizophrenia is a breakdown of that attribute system, with data sets becoming mislabeled (for lack of a more descriptive term) as the action set configuration is being collected and built. This results in long and short term memory data sets being improperly configured into action sets as immediate memory data sets - as either perception or sensory stimuli - and the weighting of residual data sets becoming "fluid", which can cause severe delusions.

This is an actual physiological phenomenon, and like I said, they can detect the structural deterioration that allows this to occur with an MRI scan. It's not psychological, and it's not the result of stress or environmental influences. If that were the case, then a full 1/5 of the human beings on this planet would be Schizophrenic, and none of the people that I've known to suffer from it. Not one of them was abused or abnormally stressed. And they each "got it" in their late teens-early 20's, just like it goes for most everyone who ends up with it.

They suggest that Schizophrenia is an inherited predilection. I don't know if it is, but it's definitely a time bomb that sits inside the head of the sufferer from the moment they're born.

I know a lot about this disease because of the murder of my friend by her Schizophrenic son. I needed to learn as much as possible about it to try and work through my grief. It didn't help much, but I did learn a lot.
edit on 4/23/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Hey NorEaster,

Thanks for the excellent explanation, I really resonated with that - however with regard to myself, I have been diagnosed with psychosis - a form of schizophrenia that does not include hearing voices - fortunately.

I wrote an autobiography of my experiences www.rodrigosoto.com.au... - if you're interested.

Mine was a drug induced psychosis, so yes, a physical problem, rather than a physiological one.

edit on 13/4/23 by Im a Marty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthIsOutThere84
Where are your sources?

Sources, Latinos do not need stinking sources

Seriously that was a pun upon a very old movie where one would replace the word "sources" for "badges" .

With respect to delayed stress syndrome a simple search of the issues should suffice. The theory is actually something I personally prepared for presentation. As a result and due to the nature of what I really do. I am not prepared at present to provide a source which would offer information on me, as it would imply ,what in reality I am involved in.

I can assure you though it is an argument that is taken seriously.

One can perhaps consider Roman times when soldiers were expected to kill without an regard and so today a small percentage of our society engage in serial murder.

As far as the issue of the brain perceiving only internal representations one should consider this is a really good reason for why hallucinations are, in fact possible. By that I mean that in respect to condition such as Delirium tremens . How would you argue that the hallucinatory phase is not the result of internal representation?

Further, when one considers the whole idea of PSI, UFO's and so on????. Is not that effectively the norm today with respect to why it is happening?

Any thoughts?
edit on 23-4-2013 by Kashai because: Modifed content

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
All I can add to this conversation is this;

Insanity is like an illness that only manifests itself if you really think you are sick. If you can convince yourself that you are truly not sick, then you aren't.

But if illness continues to plague you, then you never were truly convinced.

No amount of drugs or external therapy will help you to be truly cured. Introspection is the key.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Good cover version, sir! I assume you've heard the King Crimson original? Check it out if you haven't.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

I'm a Marty, Thank you for your post. I have something to say about that.

I was put in a psychiatry for treatment. I am very good intuitive also for I can go on my gut feeling. I was diagnosed psychotic/shizophrene. Auditory and visual hallucinations. As I wrote before, my life is guiding me to the Truth that way. Life wanted to make something clear to me. I always trusted life.

Receiving the diagnosis, well, I was somehow 'confused' and had mixed feelings about that. 'I' could take what they say 'hostile' and become aggressive, or I could take it 'light' and just do what these people asked of me. I also had these (donnow the term for it in english, I'll explain) acts I must do unwillingly. Things I 'felt' needed to do, because if I did not do them, there would be something wrong, for example, putting a cup in a particular way down on the table, if I did otherwise or put it 5 centimeters out of position, I started to feel 'unwell'. You must know what I am talking about.

Well, what I wanted to make clear. There is self and there is ego. Two distinct things. And ego is like poison to the self. It is 'retreived' mostly in childhood and retreived in a very wrong, deceitfull way, almost nothing you could have done about it. I takes you when you're vurnable, in a very 'wrong' way. Creating thoughts about yourself that alter your reality. Now that is what I want to label psychosis. That, I figured out. That is what can be called psychosis. Did you have anything about this and do you understand/comprehend?

So it isn't your body, it is spiritual and your body cannot interprete it. Your body would say there is nothing wrong, but the system that drives the somebody, therein somewhere, 'hidden by ego'; lies the awareness itself is poisoned a bit.

One is able to clear oneself of this poison.

So, I accepted the term psychosis, cause I understood.

Please ask questions, willing to answer them all the way.
edit on 24-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Angle - I understand what you mean, my psychosis label was to do with 'Altered states of reality' such as deep seeded paranoia, delusions of granduer, and really unable to grasp reality as it was presented to me.

My psychosis was 'chemically' induced however..... i will not go into that here.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
My diagnoses is paranoid schizoeffective which is schizophrenia and bi polar. I've been to the farthest reaches of insanity and back. In my past I've had severe hallucinations and delusions. Schizophrenia and it's sub types are considered neurobiological disorders.

I was perfectly normal as a kid growing up. Around the time I turned 17 I started having strange thoughts. I started thinking people were watching me all the time. By the time I was 19 my condition had grown quite severe. I quit leaving the house because of the paranoia. I knew something was wrong with me but I didn't know what. The paranoia grew and grew until I wouldn't walk in front of the windows while they were open. I started thinking everyone was out to get me. After 9 months of seclusion it was like a switch went off in my head. I started hearing voices.

Even though I was loosing my mind I didn't know what was causing it. At first I thought the voices were the CIA and the only explanation I could come up with for hearing voices was that they bugged the fillings in my teeth. The delusions grew and manifested I then started thinking the voices were god. As the illness progress I thought the voices were aliens.

The paranoia grew to the point I quit eating. I thought my food was being drugged. I wen't from 200lbs down to 130lbs. I got to the point I wouldn't drink anything. I went 3 days without water and 2 weeks without eating anything. My paranoia was killing me. I liken the state of mind I was in to being similar to a nightmare while awake. My mind created all these hallucinations and delusions. My days were spent full of panic and fear caused by the paranoia. I wasn't sleeping either I couldn't sleep. I was awake for weeks on end.

I ended up in the hospital and they gave me an injection of Haldol. They drugged me to the max. After getting out I started a regimen of low dose antipsychotic medicaions. I've been on them for 17 years. I haven't had hallucinations and delusions in over 10 years.

That voice you hear in your head is nothing more then your own conscientious thoughts. But those thoughts can become distorted with an illness such as schizophrenia. I look back on my own situations as though my own mind had turned agaisnt its self.

UCLA did a study a few years back. They took people that had a family history of schizophrenia but no signs of the illness at the time. Most were tested and appeared to be normal and symntom free. They tested the subjects with MRI's hoping to catch the illness once it became active. For the first time they saw what schizophrenia does when it triggered. It starts in the back of brain near the brainstem and spreads like a wild fire all over the brain. Schizophrenics loose up to 30% of their brain mass. Their brains litterly shrink. Schizophrenia causes brain damage and the longer left untreated the more damage it does. Those that get treatment early have the highest rate of a successful recovery.

It's best to know something about schizophrenia before you start compairing it with basic psychology.
edit on 24-4-2013 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Originally posted by Bluesma

If this has anything to do with me. That's the way I was treated, irresponsible. But I had the best intentions with all I meant. I'm a shizophrenic myself (at least, diagnosed) but I have a good intelligence. I just whish the ones 'disrespecting' me wouldn't be so for the gaping wound is still bleeding. That could somehow be the reason, and other reasons as well.

It's been cut open time after time. Where's the sense in that. The body takes much before it drives the mind insane.
edit on 23-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

Angie,
I did not mean to direct that at you. To be completely honest with you, for weeks I have suspected you are schizophrenic, and perhaps even posting from a hospital right now.

My repeated opinions in your threads that we be careful, consider that others might be vulnerable, struggling with mental illness, were more directed to various others involved in your threads.

Really, the input of professionals, I believe, is a better bet than a public forum on the internet.
There is a sense in which we can desire to change the original programming of our childhood- as I wrote in my other thread on this subject. If we have had a difficult childhood, with emotional scars and nevroses as a result, a breakdown of the current ego and re-construction can be a very good thing.

But discernment about who you employ to help you with that is also, a very good thing.
Doing it on your own only ends up being endlessly self destructive- new fresh experience and influence is needed, and your psyche will pull on it from whatever is near and available.

There is a lot we could say about the subject, but it would be more constructive and safe for you to find someone who is knowledgable and that you trust.
edit on 24-4-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

"shizophrenia and the disconnection one feels because of the world."

Keep coming back smaller and smaller.

Drought makes the workers dream
Muscles and fields of green
Shovel the last few crumbs
Of generosity
Open heart, open mind, open mouth, open vein
DRAIN
Someday the rains will come
My blistered hands tell me
Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow

BITE
BITE
BITE
CRY

I'll keep coming back
Smaller and smaller and smaller
Squash me
Under the charity
Under the topsoil
Smaller and Smaller and smaller
Under the fingernail

Then the small becomes all becomes all...

BITE
BITE
BITE
CRY

(It's not a mirage)
(It's not a mirage)
(Trickling downward, trickling downward)
(It's not a mirage)

DRAIN
DRAIN
BITE
BITE
BITE
CRY

Smaller and smaller and smaller and smaller and smaller....

edit on 24-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join