It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ego: origin of voices in your head which can result in "shizophrenia".

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

Very poetic. Except that others don't find it very fair to have your emotional reactions, choices or behaviors attributed to them. Others will not appreciate you treating their things as if they are yours. Or taking credit for their hard work or efforts.

Ok, I must say you are defending a good cause Bluesma (and also because of your other posts) I'd say you are a concerned mother.

Just a question about what I quoted. Who are my meant for then, that which causes them. I am a straight guy.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

They have found injecting speech into the tongue muscles, it goes backwards in the nerves and causes the brain to think it thought of the idea,and cause the person to do anything the voice says.
College of the army says these psychotronics can be delivered to you via water pipes and or home wiring from thousands of miles away.So we now HAVE MORE TO WORRY ABOUT THAN EGO.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by supergravity

Absolutely. You will find I agree completely with this if you were to check out a recent thread of mine. But I didn't specifically want to bring the thread up with the OP here, or the other many other technological possibilities for this, because I found this OP a pointed response to this thread of mine--though it may not be. But certainly, it is directly in conflict with many of the posts I have on ATS, in general, about the phenomenon Angie attributes to ego and schizophrenia, so instead, I chose to approach it from the OP's obvious point of view, rather than start an argument about other places voices can come from.
edit on 22-4-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Did anyone tell you before that ignorance is bliss. They'll create all necessary to have a twist on truth.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

Others will not appreciate you treating their things as if they are yours. Or taking credit for their hard work or efforts.

Yes. I was going to make this point about differentiation and ego, as well, but got caught up elsewhere. I wonder how Angie would feel about me saying that all his/her OPs and ideas were really mine........

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Did anyone tell you before that ignorance is bliss. They'll create all necessary to have a twist on truth.

Could you explain more of what you mean here?
And, also, I think it an excellent cause to defend against people being labelled as schizophrenic when they are, in fact, not. These labels become the way they are treated and perceived, and makes living a difficult life even more hard.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Yes I can and no I (myself) won't, I think, or it must have been the time for it.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Yes I can and no I (myself) won't, I think, or it must have been the time for it.

It's the time for ignorance, for it to be bliss, or the time to both create a necessity and twist the truth? And also, why would it be necessary, above, to refer to yourself as "I", and then reaffirm it as yourself?

And once we start with the "they"'s, twisting truth can just as easily be twisting untruths, as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
god damned who's to fall victim of my pissedness here in this world.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
all so eager to know the truth?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Both that you are pissed, and that you will give us truth, is evidence you, too, have an ego. As do we all....in your other thread about shedding it, you speak of it as though it is one, one persona, and it is plaguing all of us.
All of that differentiation is, as well, ego.

But we each have our own. That's the point. There is no shedding what is part of an individual; otherwise, there aren't any individuals. Maybe that's the point....is that there aren't anymore.....

Or there's just this general desire to spread ignorance, deny truth and promote misidentification going on all over the place...and I, for one, think that is completely and possibly the state of things....for it isn't ego, either, that has quiet, seemingly, beforehand nice, friendly and well adjusted people, picking up weapons and blowing or blasting people and children away. And I only bring your own comments of one OP to another OP, because they are both your OPs and both comments of yours on your threads.

Also, I do think there is a lot of codespeaking going on here at ATS, perhaps always was, but I cannot speak to that as I only starting even reading here, four or five years after the website began, much less started posting. Regardless, back to the codespeak: I find one of the obvious words that is used a great deal on this cite that one can see codespeak is being used in regards to and applies to is "ego." It is not one persona invading and pervading and holding all people hostage, using them, occupying them, taking their souls and driving them to kill themselves or each other. But by reading much of what is disseminated, written about and information spread here, one would think that is exactly what ego is....and your threads demonstrate this misconception and then application of it (through this codespeak) in order to engender a mass judgement are a perfect example.

I am not attacking you. Pretty sure I don't even know you, so please do not take it that way.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
So many armchair "experts" spouting their "ego this, ego that" theories. I'd like to hear from someone actually diagnosed with the condition set things straight.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

So what happens when a person has this "ego fighting" but the person also sees reasonably correlated reactions from external stimuli (what people say at the exact time of these thoughts, as if having a conversation with your "ego", as if they are reading your mind) where any time you have any feeling of doubt, any feeling of confidence, really almost any feeling at all, the things you hear are negative, derogatory, and flat out evil? What if what you're hearing really is exactly what the people around you ARE saying? Then combine a disorder where you mishear people and think you hear what you've heard before through some kind of #ed up confirmation bias, hearing disorder?

Then what do you suppose that person can do to assuage their pain other than...?
edit on 22-4-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Man, I sure hope that there isn't someone with emerging schizophrenic symptoms reading any of this sh*t. I can't believe how irresponsible this ego crap is getting here on this forum. Take a moment to do some research into what Schizophrenia is, and you'll see that it's the mental health version of Cancer - meaning that it isn't just one disease, but a class of diseases. These people are sometimes overwhelmed by what is experienced as a full frontal assault on their capacity to perceive any version of reality that can maintain consistency at any level. I've lost several friends to this disease, and there's no way that any these people were being pestered by their ego in a struggle with itself.

Hell, voices were the least of the problems for my friends. Delusions, hallucinations (sensory, auditory, visual, and olfactory) and severe dissociation (isn't that the point of ego death?) were the main issues they faced, as well as deep emotional confusion and turmoil. Two blew their heads off and one slaughtered his mom (who will always be one of the most important people in my life) and ego battles sure as hell aren't going to bring that kind of mayhem into someone's life.

What's also true is that Schizophrenia is very clearly detectable with an MRI scan of the brain. This means that it is a real and defined physiological disease of the brain. It's not a psychological or spiritual struggle.

Deny Ignorance? I don't know. Ignorance seems to be running the show around here at times. This thread needs to get canned. It's placing the blame of mental illness on the sufferers, and that's messed up.

edit on 4/22/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

You should go into the mental health field then.

Why waste you time on a forum when you could be out curing people with your pseudoscientific idiocy? Hell, you could get rich doing it......

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
While everyone is giving very good responses and others I just don't care for.... In regards to Ego.... Lesson 1 Reject yourself. There are many paths one can take on this journey. In regards to my ego.... I loved them.... Then.... I beat it to a pulp and remastered it into something worth while. And a very good song that helps quite the storm as well as build up your personal strength... No this is not Buddha or Monk's chanting fyi. But it will rock your socks and lyrics are included in the video.

Reject yourself~

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

So, shizophrenia, it's origin could lie in the fact society wants us to believe in our heart so badly. Shizophrenia tells nothing about the personality of a person. They want shizophrene people to look all the same. Just a bag of flesh with auditory and visual hallucinations. That's how I experienced my institutionilastion. Day by day feeling they treated me the wrong way. They give you pills, and when I said I felt better, they were always claiming it was because of the pills. I'm 30 y o and I think I have these hallucinations since I was born. I can't understand what God is, okay now. But that does not mean I am confused about Him. Clear.

Nothing else really.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I believe I have schizophrenia, but it isn't as bad now that I stopped using certain drugs. The paranoia was just too much.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Treatment to experience no self, the bad way. It's like an inverted world. There are like two vortex sucking each side of yourself splitting you up. No sense in it at all. It are such things that make you gay.

Shizophrenia, denial of the denial. I am shizo because women masturbate and lost all sense of self the wrong way. I mean, they lost sense of themselves, and we, men, want no self. Women have no sense .... oh what a big pile of crap all this self sh*t is about.

Only a shizophrene understands what is meant with 'no self'.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join