It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube: reconstituting multi-part files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Usually, if I want to save a YouTube video to my hard drive I use a little app called FreeYouTubeDownloader. It generally works fine but I'm having trouble with some videos that seem to be broken into multiple parts all about 1700 k in size.

Is there anyway to resolve these parts into one file? All help appreciated.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Yes, almost any video editor should work as long as the file type of the videos are supported. If you're on Windows you can use Windows Movie Maker to put all of the clips together, then you simply export the final product.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Thanks very much. I have to get more into Windows Movie Maker. I haven't really explored much with that.

I did download something called clipsgrabber that did the job as well. For some reason I had trouble with FreeYouTubeDownloader.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I suggest you use a website called "KeepVid.com"

Go to www.keepvid.com and copy and paste the link of the youtube video you want to download.

It gives you a choice of many file formats to download as well as a lot of different quality settings.

I use to use addons like you, but this site works like a charm. You can download any youtube video in almost any format and the video will be one file only guaranteed.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CPYKOmega

Thanks. I'll check it out.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Of course it might be helpful if you mentioned what operating system you have so people can know what software to advise using

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

That's true. Windows 7 Home. I've lost what techie chops I used to have, as meagre as they were.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Well windows movie maker is ok but pretty basic. Ive heard the virtual dub is a pretty decent video editor as well..its free.

top topics

join