It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Forces Failed to Secure `Crucial' Evidence Against Hussein

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Nov. 4 (Bloomberg) -- Evidence that may be ``crucial'' in the trial of ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has probably been lost or ``seriously'' tainted because U.S.-led forces failed to secure official documents and mass graves in Iraq, Human Rights Watch said in an e-mailed report.

In the weeks and months following the March 2003 invasion, thousands of state papers documenting criminal policies and practices during Hussein's rule were stolen, according to the report. People looking for relatives who disappeared while Hussein was in power have dug up remains in some of the 250 mass graves, tainting forensic evidence, the report said.

quote.bloomberg.com...

``U.S. and Iraqi authorities were aware that these documents and remains would be crucial to the prosecution of Saddam Hussein and other former officials, but they did little to safeguard them,'' said Sarah Leah Whitson, executive director of the Middle East and North Africa division of the New York-based group.

Is this a surprise to anyone? I wonder how long the US will hold Sadam, and whar eventual charges will bring him to trial. The longer he is held, more evidence can be found, but I wonder if it will ever get that far. I think it far more likely that he will die of some "natural cause:!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Oh #, here we go again. The Iraqis can just kill him if they wish, but they wont and they have plenty of EYEWITNESSES to make the case.

Has the thought ever occured to you that paperwork is not really a military objective?

I am not the least bit worried, hell the Kuwatti's have enough to have him killed.

new topics

join