It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waco explosion subliminal message in MIB II movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
So, I was watching MIB II yesterday and during the scene when they are, interestingly enough, in the Conspiracy video/ Merch store, there is a book or movie with the title "WACO" which looks very much like an explosion. I took a screen shot it the best I could but it is not HD. I hope someone can explain if this was a preexisting book/ movie with the same name. It is very odd and caught my eye.

Many believe that those who control hollywood, and the world, put subliminal messages, symbols, and hints of catastrophes in are carried out in the future, this could potentially be one.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It looks like the one next to it says Conspiracy .. interesting! lol good find!

**might say conspiracy, few letters are blurry and covered up..
edit on 21-4-2013 by Roundtree because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Roundtree

Yes it does I tried to screen shot it but it was poor quality. I hope someone can get a HD screenshot and post it!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Wait? I dont get it?

If you are talking about the Waco texas branch Davidian incident, that happened waaaaaaay before MIB 2 was released (men in Black right?) and people were talking about that being a "conspiracy" from the start- It was a huge issue with the Militias.

-So...I dont get it. What am I missing here?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Awalltheone

ok - lets look at this rationally shall we ?

the film you are taking your screencap from is MIB 2 , released 2002

the DVD you point out says " WACO " is WACO : rules of engagement released 1997

i am failing to see anything other than grasping at straws

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
Wait? I dont get it?

If you are talking about the Waco texas branch Davidian incident, that happened waaaaaaay before MIB 2 was released (men in Black right?) and people were talking about that being a "conspiracy" from the start- It was a huge issue with the Militias.

I believe the OP means this;

Officials still don't know what caused Texas fertilizer explosion

Although it's actually 25 miles or so north of Waco, many media have dropped the distinction between locations it seems.

That latest story also says no evidence of criminal activity or other foul play. It's shaping up to be a mystery and given the sheer totality of damage at "ground zero" of the blast? I wonder if we'll ever really know? I'm thinking movie references are entirely coincidental though. Just me, perhaps.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Thanks for clearing it up. I wanted to find out if it was an already existing DVD and you confirmed it!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It's not a "subliminal message" so much as it is an intentional visual joke. Its purpose is to help you identify the nature of the character as a conspiracy theorist in a glance.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Awalltheone

I take it you're a youngster--or you lost your memory in a tinfoil-hat disaster, as happened to me. There's a huge list of Waco/Branch Davidian threads to be found on this very site. Even with the "lame" search function that no one can seem to figure out how to work.

Here is the conspiracy in a nutshell.

ATS: David Koresh knew too much

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It's a REAL movie. Nice spotting, but the scene IS set in a video store...

You remember those right?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
Wait? I dont get it?

Nice catch.

join