It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any doctors/physios/in fact anyone who can help. Im in quite a lot of pain.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

whats wrong with you men? who can resist a three year od welshgirl? cute cute cute. (but not in a jimmy saville sort of way, obviousely. IL bring the old avi back.

I like them both tbh...But I liked your default pic the best. Don't beat me up please

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

whats wrong with you men? who can resist a three year od welshgirl? cute cute cute. (but not in a jimmy saville sort of way, obviousely. IL bring the old avi back.

I like them both tbh...But I liked your default pic the best. Don't beat me up please

tell me how to mend my neck, and il let you off.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Egad. Tramadol not working is problematic. And, with what you've added, I am assuming all NSAIDS, including Aspirin are off the table?

The other option that comes to mind is to ask your doctor for a muscle relaxant. I personally dislike most of them as they tend to make me feel worse than the pain actually does.

When my neck spasms really bad, another trick I have discovered is that wearing a cervical collar ( whiplash brace ) can help to moderate the pain. But this would only help if your situation is one where the muscles are bunching and spasming. Another trick I've learned is that if I can find something fairly high up to grab onto with both arms ( pull up position ) - letting myself hang there, for a minute or two, with my of my weight being supported by my arms, will often cause my neck to relax.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

tell me how to mend my neck, and il let you off.

With the tips of your fingers gently stroke the area that hurts...You can heal yourself only if you believe it. Take deep breaths while you are massaging the area. It's really not complicated. I do massages for others and myself and the first thing people do when an area in the body hurts is take aspirin or some other bs over the counter drug.
It may take the symptoms away but it won't solve the core issue. Do this for me pretty lady
Take a shower and like Heff mentioned, let the warm water hit the area that hurts...After that do the massage and I'm positive you will feel better. No need to look outside of yourself for a healing. Feel better...now can you let me go? pweeez?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Its very very painful, and the neckpain is shooting into the right side of my head, and ive got this constant headache.
Im using a heat pack and a ice pack, and freeze spray as well as cocodamol i cant use ibuforen gel, because im allergic to it.
God, please could someone help me, this is awful.
thanking in advance.

That sounds a lot like something I've had before... I have two suggestions, 1, try Sodium naproxen if it's some type of muscular pain, and 2, try Zyrtec (cetirizine hcl).

I used to get a splitting pain in my right frontal sinus that would radiate pain around my temple and neck, right at the base of my neck/brain stem. I always thought it was a muscle thing until I took that type of antihistamine and it got a lot better (didn't totally clear it, but I could sleep). Certirizine was the only antihistamine that had any effect on it. No harm in trying.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Go and see a chiropractor post haste!

That will actually fix the problem and not just mask the symptoms.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

I am going to go way way way out on a limb here and suggest that you try literally unwinding physically.

It has come to my attensionspan that the 3 physical dimensions of space maybe spinors [aka mobius strips] and here is some science behind that ...

Orientation Entanglement [wiki]

Elementary descriptionSpatial vectors alone are not sufficient to describe fully the properties of rotations in space.

A coffee cup with bands attached to its handle and opposite side.Consider the following example. A coffee cup is suspended in a room by a pair of elastic rubber bands fixed to the walls of the room. The cup is rotated by its handle through a full twist of 360°, so that the handle is brought all the way around the central vertical axis of the cup and back to its original position.

Note that after this rotation, the cup has been returned to its original orientation, but that its orientation with respect to the walls is twisted. In other words, if we lower the coffee cup to the floor of the room, the two bands will coil around each other in one full twist of a double helix. This is an example of orientation entanglement: the new orientation of the coffee cup embedded in the room is not actually the same as the old orientation, as evidenced by the twisting of the rubber bands. Stated another way, the orientation of the coffee cup has become entangled with the orientation of the surrounding walls.

We are embedded physically in the fabric of space time ...plus we are a electromagnetic being with out hearts and minds literally producing their own EMF fields and ...

... tthe universe itself is also elctromagnetic and any EMF fields can seriously get twisted and entangled by simply being on a rotating planet orbiting a sun orbiting a massive galactic blackhole.

Hence I suggest the one simply PHYSICALLY unwind by turning around a full 360degree turn in the direction you feel most comfortable in turning around.

This is a half turn on the mobius strip/spinor even though it seems like a full turn for us.

Clearly the geometry of spatial vectors alone is insufficient to express the orientation entanglement (the twist of the rubber bands). Consider drawing a vector across the cup. A full rotation will move the vector around so that the new orientation of the vector is the same as the old one. The vector alone doesn't know that the coffee cup is entangled with the walls of the room.

In fact, the coffee cup is inextricably entangled. There is no way to untwist the bands without rotating the cup. However, consider what happens instead when the cup is rotated, not through just one 360° turn, but two 360° turns for a total rotation of 720°. Then if the cup is lowered to the floor, the two rubber bands coil around each other in two full twists of a double helix. If the cup is now brought up through the center of one coil of this helix, and passed onto its other side, the twist disappears. The bands are no longer coiled about each other, even though no additional rotation had to be performed. (This experiment is more easily performed with a ribbon or belt. See below.)

Untwisting a ribbon without rotation.Thus, whereas the orientation of the cup was twisted with respect to the walls after a rotation of only 360°, it was no longer twisted after a rotation of 720°. By only considering the vector attached to the cup, it is impossible to distinguish between these two cases, however. It is only when we attach a spinor to the cup that we can distinguish between the twisted and untwisted case.

Personal Disclosure: Having empiraclly tested this for myself over the past month I have found the following things apply ...

DO NOT UNWIND ANY WHERE BUT AT HOME!

If get all entangled by rolling around in bed ... then must unwind in that same lying down orientation i.e. You cant unwind a horizontal entanglement whilst in a vertical position and vice versa.

Sometimes I find i have to unwind one way for only a few minutes before I start feeling VERY uncomfortable and must turn back to where I was originally facing before attempyting to unwind.

THIS ^^^^ is probably all crackpot quakery madness ok! But it seems to be working for me as far as making me comfortable and its as cheap as simply turning around to test it for oneself.

I wish you the best of luck and a full and speedy recovery ok!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Just woke up now, another awful night and not feeling any improvement. Cocodamol and tramadol do give relief but its literally for an hour then its done, my tolerance is high because i use pain medication reguarly from my crohns.
Yeah i cant aspirin either, tbh im finding more immediate relief from the cold spray and the heat pad. I suppose il have to sit it out. The worst thing is the pain is now through the entire right side of my head, I hate headaches, my mother died of a brain haemorrage when she was around my age, so throughtout it theres been a little demon in the back of my mind scaring me. But realistically i know its muscular.
thanks again.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Thankyou as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dantose

I have cetrazine here, i will try it, theres certainly no harm. thanks

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Omega logos, where can I read more about untangling. This is a fascinating concept! star for you :-)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
People thankyou for your kind responses. I got talking to an elderly lady today, and i think she knew what was wrong, and it fits all the symptoms. Neuralgia. It can present in the neck as well as from the forehead down to the jaw on one side of the head. I will be returning to the gp, although it doesnt respond well to normal painkillers, maybe he can give me something.
thanks all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join