It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TVA: Suspect shoots at security officer at Watts Bar Nuclear Plant, officer shoots back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

TVA: Suspect shoots at security officer at Watts Bar Nuclear Plant, officer shoots back

oakridgetoday.com

An unidentified suspect fired multiple rounds at a security officer on patrol at the Watts Bar Nuclear Plant early Sunday morning, and at least one round hit the security officer’s vehicle, an official said. The Tennessee Valley Authority nuclear security officer fired back, also shooting multiple rounds. The suspect appeared to have initially been on the ground but may have fled in a boat, TVA spokesman Jim Hopson said. [...] Hopson said some information can’t be released yet, such as the identity of the security officer, or it is not available, such as the total number of rounds fired.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wate.com
www.wbir.com

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I saw this earlier and some one asked for some one to make a thread about it. This could be anything but it is very serious. Some one was shooting at a nuclear facility and then vanished. Could have been a drunk guy or could have been some one creating a distraction of for something bigger who knows. I would keep an eye out on this story.

AndorMachini: thank you for bringing it to my attention that their was not a separate thread on this.
Aircooled: Thank you for bringing this to my attention in the Fukushima thread.

oakridgetoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-4-2013 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

edit on 21-4-2013 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Prowler with a gun at a nuclear plant--that's fantabulous. Shooting at a security guard when queried--even more fantabulous. Glad it's on lockdown. Makes me sick to the stomach and I don't even live in Tennessee....

And who the heck would fish next to a nuclear plant? I mean, c'mon...unless they're deliberately fishing for three eyed fish, not very smart. I hope they don't eat their catches.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
That would be some sort of spy, most likely international. Unidentified? Oh come on if they could distinguish there was gunshot they could find out if it's a he or a she, a tall or a short, a fat or a thin, and get it down to clothes at least. And there is this thing called security cameras in nuclear plants, what gives? Oh right maybe they can't show the public pictures of the inside of a nuclear power plant, because it's like a national security issue. Which is why the spy was there in the first place, to get pictures and maybe screw around with something.

So the question now is, where did the spy go? Did the spy run off with anything, other than the obvious pictures?

You know what happens after the scout ant does his hunting around a place? The other ants show up. In human life, after a spy at a nuclear plant, comes the exploding things. Hm, what nation needs to know about nuclear building layouts, really? My first guess would be China, but I don't know why.

But what if it's not international? What if it's energy terrorism? And I'm out of ideas, pile them on.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

You say that, but there's some pretty good fishing at the Nuclear plant near me, so much so that they tend to get a couple of seals moving in every year

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
reply to post by WhiteAlice

You say that, but there's some pretty good fishing at the Nuclear plant near me, so much so that they tend to get a couple of seals moving in every year

Perhaps because nobody in their right mind would fish there so the getting is good!

Back to the story and Sanalphon's idea of a spy. Sounds a wee bit too much like a movie plot for my taste buds and if it were somebody so skilled, then why would they get spotted? Troublemaker is more likely. There was that incident in California last week where a vandal plugged a bunch of holes in some of California's transformers and phone lines were cut: www.ktvu.com...

Maybe these individuals watch way too much television and were inspired by the show "Revolution" to try to take out energy and communication networks for the purpose of bringing one about. .
Not really funny actually.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Thanks for this thread, I'm really surprised this hasn't been big in the news.

Apparently this occurred about 200 yards from the "protected area" (the plant, etc.) near the cooling water intake valves. SOURCE

My wife thought she also heard something about shots being fired at another nuclear plant (possibly inside the plant) in addition to this one. But I have not found anything yet about that, so she may have been mistaken.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast
Thanks for this thread, I'm really surprised this hasn't been big in the news.

Apparently this occurred about 200 yards from the "protected area" (the plant, etc.) near the cooling water intake valves. SOURCE

My wife thought she also heard something about shots being fired at another nuclear plant (possibly inside the plant) in addition to this one. But I have not found anything yet about that, so she may have been mistaken.

I'm really not surprised. Think about this in terms of inspiration and copy cats. Would you really want them to broadly advertise that individual(s) are basically messing around with some pretty deadly infrastructure? I don't think I'd want them to broadly advertise it because I'd be worried that someone else may be inspired to attempt something themselves. There's a lot of angry people living in the US. From what I've seen, they've been downplaying a whole lot here in the US. It's kind of like how there was an incident in a school in Washington not long after Lanza where a kid brought and spilled a mixture of bleach and ammonia to school. That didn't make national news either because, well, it'd just be saying "hey kids, you don't need a gun..."--just go to Mom's pantry!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

This immediately brought to mind the now 404'ed thread involving a memorial page set up in advance on Facebook for a "Nuke Event" to happen on the 28th :

Memorial Page Set Up For Future LA Bombing?
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread942066/pg1

And now it seems even more interesting...

edit on 4/22/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Why does ATS remove those threads? I don't see anything wrong with it. Just another prediction thread it appears. Really, why would they do that? Does anyone know?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Abstruse

It is interesting, isn't it. Maybe there's actually something to it. I really don't know.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I saw this on the local news this morning and didn't give it much thought. I usually just assume most violent crimes around here are commited by some low life that is strung out on prescription pills. This thread got me thinking though. I don't know if there was anything in the area a thief could steal for a quick buck. After thinking on it for a while I couldn't really come up with a reason for a "typical" criminal to be at a nuclear plant with a gun. This could be much bigger than what it seems. When it comes to things like terrorism, most people around here seem to have the attitude of "it never happens here". This complacence is BAD! It tends to keep people unaware. It could make this area a target for sure.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

This immediately brought to mind the now 404'ed thread involving a memorial page set up in advance on Facebook for a "Nuke Event" to happen on the 28th :

Memorial Page Set Up For Future LA Bombing?
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread942066/pg1

And now it seems even more interesting...

edit on 4/22/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

Is this facebook page still up, I looked for it and couldn't find. Sparked curiosity.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Smurfwicked

Facebbok took it down. Or so I read on the thread before it went bye bye.
Here's a screenshot off Google:

unifiedserenity.files.wordpress.com...
edit on 4/22/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: link

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Her are some more articles from today on the event.
www.timesfreepress.com...
www.wbir.com...
www.knoxnews.com...

Stay informed and prepared

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Abstruse

There's a new thread about it and the facebook page is up again too:

WARNING 28th April LA gets nuked (new FB page)
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by AriesJedi
started on 4/23/2013 @ 11:35 PM

www.facebook.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
A good friend of mine worked as a security officer at Watts Bar until he lost his lower leg in an accident a couple of years ago. He knows the place that was described in the attack, and said that the guard must have been an awful shot because there was no more than 25 yards from the shore to the road.

new topics

top topics

join