It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nation has spoken! Time to get back to business.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Listen...from what I have heard from both sides I dont really give a toss who won......Same Tree, Different Hound is all (Oh god, Ive been communicating with Americans way too long :@@

Its a democracy the majority of those willing to speak have spoken. Its now time for the Mr/Miss/Mrs/Ms 49 percenters to identify a better candidate for next time and work on getting the message across better to the 2% YOU need to drop the Republicans next time.

Not aiming to disuade the "we wuz robbed" faction from speaking up. The world is made up of the satisfied, the hopers, the disatisfied and the palpably fuming.

Ed, you aint gonna stop having folk point out nearly half the voters didnt want him, so you might at least go with the majority phrase........

You can bitch about it next time Bush's successor comes a cropper......I mean goes down.

OMG....Does Chaney mean Chaney can have a shot in 2008.....I saw the acceptance speach last night and for a mo, I thought Chaney was making it. Then Bush praised the man to high hell.........priming people for the next clash?

Oh BTW......the 180 million less those under 18.....chose not to vote..... Thier choice, thier problem if they opposed Bush.

The only thing I will agree with Ed on is don't be a hypocrite...As an outsider I thought Gore was robbed too, and Ive seen plenty against Bush saying the same at sites like this too...that he should have just got in not Bush.

You folks can't have it both ways.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by craigandrew]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Dems claim they are the "moral" winners

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger Funny how in 2000, folks complained that Gore won the popular vote and should have been president.
Well... I wasn't one of them. I complained it was too close, and that no national office should be selected on such a close margin.

Now that Bush wins it, handily I might add the complaints just keep coming. 4 million is a lot of people.
I'm sorry, handily is not the word. Look, I'm not disputing Bush's election... I'm dusputing the rhetoric of "mandate" or "handily" or "the nation has spoken". It's simply not the case. Getting back to my question... What do you know about the economy that gives you such confidence that there is rebound coming?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   

The Nation has spoken!

You mean HALF the nation has spoken. Best of luck "getting on with business." Just remember that Jesus will forgive you, no matter how bad you manage to f*ck up the world. Or so one would like to believe...

[edit on 3-11-2004 by tacitblue]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Just a tad over half of the nation have spoken!

I guess the other half should just shut up and go away?

Today America stands divided!

And it is a very bitter divide seen from both sides... There is no way in hell a divided nation like this can say that today was a good day for our country.

Remember the words "United we stand, divided we fall"

I have a very strong sense these words are going to ring all too true in the very near future.

Bush won! yay

America lost one half of its people.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
There are a lot of very unhappy, concerned, depressed and scared centrists and liberals out there who are going to begin screaming at this administration every chance. The "campaign infrastructure" for the left still exists, Air America, George Soro's wallet etc.

The growth of a formidable democratic party is coming.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Getting back to my question... What do you know about the economy that gives you such confidence that there is rebound coming?

I'm also interested in your answer to this edsigner.

The fed will have to raise the debt ceiling any day now, oil price went up and the dollar went down in response to Bush 2.1.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

The fed will have to raise the debt ceiling any day now, oil price went up and the dollar went down in response to Bush 2.1.

I thought the fed raised the debt ceiling today? I remember seeing it on Yahoo news.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
The economy is poised for a steady growth,

How do you figure this? Are you involved in business? Do you have some pulse on the street? Please... let me know.

The MAJORITY has spoken

I'm sorry, have you really looked at the 52% for bush? From a statistical analysis vantage point, it is not a majority but simply half... half of a divided nation. Tell me, is it a victory when the sitting president only gains a statistical half of all votes? I think it's more of a warning sign than a victory.

I'm not a democrat, I'm neutral/centrist. And this divide worries me like no other issue today.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Getting back to my question... What do you know about the economy that gives you such confidence that there is rebound coming?

Well because the business cycle has completed its down cycle, the tax srtucture is low, business should prosper and the labor market and incomes will grow accordingly.

I am employed in a manufacturing setting and I know the construction is VERY high. Contractors will have to hire soon as they can not keep up, and working weekends will not help. That sucks for me as I do not get paid for it.

As a side note, today was a bad one for me at work, it rained and 13.8kV doesnt like water

Anyhow, I have finally heard Kerry's speech and I ahve to say, it is the first one I am impressed with. He handled that with great class. Much better than Gore did.

Maybe Kerry will work with Bush...............wait my alarm clock is going off.

d1k

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Ya, WWIII. Thanks a lot America, GL with the draft. Please don't come to my city avoiding it, thanks.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k

Ya, WWIII. Thanks a lot America, GL with the draft. Please don't come to my city avoiding it, thanks.

No WWIII started in 1993, Iraq and Afghanistan is just the start of the offensive....there will be no invasion of Iran or North Korea. The threat of one is enough as they know Bush can and will if the need arises.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Edsinger what are you going to do now maybe your nation has spoken my has not been listened to by this government before the elections and after the elections I don't think bush gives a bs what the people that opouse him think about, remember he said "you are either with us or against us" and I believe it applies to anybody world wide and nation wide.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The economy is poised for a steady growth,

How do you figure this? Are you involved in business? Do you have some pulse on the street? Please... let me know.

The MAJORITY has spoken

I'm sorry, have you really looked at the 52% for bush? From a statistical analysis vantage point, it is not a majority but simply half... half of a divided nation. Tell me, is it a victory when the sitting president only gains a statistical half of all votes? I think it's more of a warning sign than a victory.

I'm not a democrat, I'm neutral/centrist. And this divide worries me like no other issue today.

A statistical analysis standpoint?
What kind of crap is that.
You don't use statistics to count actual votes.
Bush won a majority of the popular vote.
Jumpin' Jesus, Clinton never won by a majority,...not even a "statistical" one.
Was it a warning sign then?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
There are a lot of very unhappy, concerned, depressed and scared centrists and liberals out there who are going to begin screaming at this administration every chance. The "campaign infrastructure" for the left still exists, Air America, George Soro's wallet etc.

The growth of a formidable democratic party is coming.
This is why there are Bush Camps.

They'll be hauling us off to one of them campsites. I hope there's swimming.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Edsinger what are you going to do now maybe your nation has spoken my has not been listened to by this government before the elections and after the elections I don't think bush gives a bs what the people that opouse him think about, remember he said "you are either with us or against us" and I believe it applies to anybody world wide and nation wide.

OK just one more time, Marge I like you but you need to get your facts straight....

The quote in which you speak is incorrect, I will place the exact quote and see if you can dicipher the difference between the two ok?

Having issued directives to guide his administration’s preparations for war, on Thursday, September 20, President Bush addressed the nation before a joint session of Congress. “Tonight,” he said, “we are a country awakened to danger.” The President blamed al Qaeda for 9/11 and the 1998 embassy bombings and, for the first time, declared that al Qaeda was “responsible for bombing the USS Cole.” He reiterated the ultimatum that had already been conveyed privately. “The Taliban must act, and act immediately,” he said. “They will hand over the terrorists, or they will share in their fate.” The President added that America’s quarrel was not with Islam: “The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends; it is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists, and every [emphasis mine] government that supports them.” Other regimes faced hard choices, he pointed out:

“Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make: Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.”

President Bush argued that the new war went beyond Bin Ladin. “Our war on terror begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there,” he said. “It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped, and defeated. “The President had a message for the Pentagon: “The hour is coming when America will act, and you will make us proud.” He also had a message for those outside the United States. “This is civilization’s fight,” he said. “We ask every nation to join us.”

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Awwwwwwwww! Booooo #ing Hooooo the pathetic Democrats lost again and they are crying

The fact is, the nation DID speak. All of those that wanted to voice there opinion did. THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WANTED BUSH. THE MAJORITY OF STATES WANTED BUSH. END OF STORY.

GET OVER IT.

And oh yeah - for all of those that think it's so divided - last time I checked Republicans got a larger majority in both the house and senate.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
And oh yeah - for all of those that think it's so divided - last time I checked Republicans got a larger majority in both the house and senate.

I beleive what everyone in this thread was refering to by "divide" was with the american people. Not congress.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

(blah blah blah...)

“Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make: Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.”

Hmmm...I wish to analyze that a bit. Does Bush believe everyone who doesn't fight terrorists are terrorists themselves? He probably just doesn't know terrorism is something you can't fight...like air.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by iceofspades]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades

(blah blah blah...)

Now how is that different than what she said?

Thanks for bringing that on, yes I forgot to add I am now a terrorist.
because I did not voted for bush.

Darn Orange is not my best color.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join