It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your purpose? Do you HAVE one?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

i search for same answer too. I know i must do.. Something.. But whats about i have no clue, well maybe i have clue but stil wondering.still question is not answered

Life is so complicated sometimes...I have unconditional love for humanity to a degree that I will take my jacket off in a winter storm so you won't feel cold, and I have done such things so many times for people I just met that they look at me with a raised eyebrow. I'm here for others, but for what specifically? is my question. Life is a individual journey, and I'm positive that you will find your purpose just as much that I will find my own....It takes longer for some than others.
One day at a time.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
To everyone;

Nice thread jewel

My purpose in life is loving and caring for others. Also to be here for my little sister who is 16 years younger than me. She is my heart, yes my son is too, but my sis holds a special place and I know I am here for her. To be her anchor and her shoulder to cry on whevever she needs. To help her stand stronger being raised by my dad and stepmom... I have escaped death three times now..and I know the reason was my lil sis.

peace and love to you friend

Admirable, and thank you.
I saw a thread earlier today that wormed my heart a little bit. I kinda wanted to spread a little positivety as well, I guess.

That's very heart felt, and I love it. Awesomeness.

Sainthood.

An extreme goal that will always keep you at your best, because you're constantly shooting for the stars. Excellent choice, my friend.

Life is so complicated sometimes...I have unconditional love for humanity to a degree that I will take my jacket off in a winter storm so you won't feel cold, and I have done such things so many times for people I just met that they look at me with a raised eyebrow. I'm here for others, but for what specifically? is my question. Life is a individual journey, and I'm positive that you will find your purpose just as much that I will find my own....It takes longer for some than others. One day at a time.

I feel the same way you do, half of the time... and half the time, I feel an unconditional hatred for humanity too. I see what evils some people are capable of, and it really makes me want to EXTERMINATE those people off the face of the earth, so they can never hurt anyone again, and never plague anyone with the torturous burden of their PITIFUL EXISTENCE!!!

.... *Ahem* ... anyway, I don't think I feel any REAL hatred of people, because more often than not, I feel the way you do. I only feel hateful when I'm angry, and I've never really acted on it.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RainingDreams
The truth's just buried in deceit and mystery or put aside due to all the other conflicts much closer.
I thought I could find the truth, but there's a sea of lies. Not too sure if I even have a purpose.

Some powerful truths in there...

I believe each one of us has a specific purpose and before we were even born in the world, all of us were given a special mission by God.

We have been lied to about EVERYTHING that matters including connecting with our purpose...

After studying NDE's and supernatural encounters for many years I began to see a pattern emerge.

This convinced me that all of us have a specific purpose and NONE of us is here by accident.

"Ian explains how each person receives their scroll out of heaven at the time of conception."

We all have scroll prepared by God before we were conceived in our mother’s womb. It’s important we discover what is written on it so we can walk in it and fulfill our Testimony; for it is on this that we will be judged and rewarded. At the end of this life Jesus will compare what we have done with what we should have done with our lives. We have a lifetime to discover what is on our scroll and work it out and achieve it.

Your Scroll and Testimony \\\\\\\\ The Testimony of Your Scroll MP3

When we are walking on the path that God has prepared for us, when we are walking in our destiny, then we know God is with us. And we need to know what is our destiny, what is written on our scroll: and if we do not know, then we can ask God to show us. Destiny

God wants the best for us, for each of us. He knows what the best is for each of us, that best is already written on a scroll, if you read Psalm 139 it says that He knew you before you were even born. Already on that scroll in heaven your whole life is set out, His will for your life, and He wants to reveal it to you. He wants you to know the best. Truth

He wants to show us what was written on our scroll in heaven before we were even thought of in a worldly sense. Heavenly Visions

You ought to read the book of Ecclesiastes. It is in the Bible. I don't know your belief system, but don't let that deter you. It is considered by some the most perfect writing on "the meaning of life". I think at the very least you will find it interesting. Where are we now?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Not sure really. Would be nice if there was some big higher calling of some sort or other. But usually I feel like I'm just railroaded in some way or other into running a fool's errand about 90% of the time. (If I were doing what I wanted to, it definitely wouldn't be what I'm doing now.) The kind of stuff that keeps me busy and out of the way most of the time, even though I feel I could contribute something much more constructive. Also every now and then, chance may also throw in some unsung hero material. Like inadvertantly throwing a switch somewhere that keeps the whole place from blowing up moments later, and not realizing that a much bigger mess was stopped by it. Even if you saw it being done you wouldn't think important enough to give it any medal of recommendation.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I have always lived my life with one purpose, or at least have tried to, and that is for those who have known me to have been better for the experience.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I don't have a purpose. Or perhaps I do. But right now, my purpose is just to enjoy my life, bring my son up well, and work at creating myself a body I can be happy with.
Do I need a materialistic purpose? Do I need to want to work, to aspire to be something, or someone?
Because I don't. Not because I hate life.
I just don't feel like I should have to, just because others feel that way.
My purpose is just to be happy. And if I'm happy, then I'm already winning.
I was diagnosed with bi-polar in 2008, and I don't suffer with it at all any more, thanks to exercise.
Exercise has made me slimmer, has given me more confidence, has made me feel better about myself, I don't have room in my life to be angry or paranoid about anything any more, since my own natural mood stabilisers come from being active.
It's actually amazing how different I am, than when I was really bad. I would constantly be upset about everything, everything would make me feel like crap, trigger me into a mood, I was constantly paranoid, I was always worried about what other people were saying or doing. Now I just don't give a poop. That stuff means nothing to me. If I was any more laid back about life, I'd be laying down 99% of the day...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Really enjoying reading the responses. Sorry, I can't give any detailed feedback... I'm extremely tired.

God bless, guys.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join