It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

down hill

page: 1

join
share:
joi

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Im terrified of what this country is becoming under our present , and unfortunately, future administration. The US is taking steps back which is going to divide this country even more than it is today. False morality has taken the vote, while people are hypoctically ignoring the immoral actions of our "leaders".
Im hoping it won't take too immense a catastrophe to get us united again.
Bush has made mistakes that have hurt our country. I just pray that he doesn't
destroy us. Investigate everything that is happening. Read! Listen! Keep on top of him and don't let him get him away with anything!
I am not running off to another country. Im staying and getting things back where they should be! So should you!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
What's the over/under on when all the doom and gloom overreacting will end?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by joi

I am not running off to another country. Im staying and getting things back where they should be! So should you!

I'm with you one-hundred percent! The minute I heard at school that Kerry had conceded, I went to the administration and started an impeachment effort. So far (since I live in Idaho
), I've only got about 20 people signed up. I know this won't make a huge difference nationwide but if more people wake up to what has happened to their country and do something about it, it may be worth it.

joi

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Not gloom and doom as much as practicality

I don't want an administration in office that threatens my personal freedoms, shovels religion/morality down my throat, and has about as much respect for the constitution as used toilet paper..

I didnt even mention the L word!

joi

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Its nice to see people get motivated...everyone who was against Bush is so dead today!
They need to keep it kicking..
I would think that working on getting a completely paper driven voting system is the way to go now to ensure that there are now doubts in our future elections.Well at least minimal doubts.
Im still watching
www.blackboxvoting.org...
to see what comes up!
Impeachment would be nice! I wouldn't be surprised if Bush gets himself there with his future actions

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by joi
Not gloom and doom as much as practicality

I don't want an administration in office that threatens my personal freedoms, shovels religion/morality down my throat, and has about as much respect for the constitution as used toilet paper..

I didnt even mention the L word!

Yeah I don't want that either. One of the reasons why I'm glad that Kerry didn't win.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I want to disagree a little...

Major Uphill instead !

Amid all the war, economies, rampant negetivism, news sensationalism, a very unique election and campain, blogs and internet information,...and probubly a majority of people experiencing a fearful unknown about the future in their gut ,...

To the American's, for a major experience of non-complacency, and voting in number's not seen for possibly a half a century,... CONGRATS !

(Probubly the most important first step in enacting change, is by being heard. And this year, heard we were.)

joi

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

quote: Originally posted by Smirkley

voting in number's not seen for possibly a half a century,... CONGRATS !

Oh now that I can agree with. I think its wonderful how many people turned out to vote for this election.
I just wish I felt a bit more secure with the voting process!

joi

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Yeah I don't want that either. One of the reasons why I'm glad that Kerry didn't win.

You gotta be kidding right?
Bush is the one getting the religious vote. Kerry is way more supportive of stem cell research and a woman's right. State and Church had got to be kept divided .Bush doesnt see it that way
Bushie wouldnt allow non Bushies into his rallies, created the Patrot act and has pushed foward the mental health act which could have the ability , if handled poorly of putting money in the drug corporations hands while labeling the challenging mentally infirm..

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If I were a politician, I would have to notice,....

The brontide seem's to be getting closer.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by joi
You gotta be kidding right?
Bush is the one getting the religious vote.

Ok....

And if Kerry got the religious vote then...Kerry would be the one getting the religious vote...who cares?

Kerry is way more supportive of stem cell research

Bush is the only president in US history to allow government sponsered stem cell reasearch.

and a woman's right.

Right to what?

How many limitations has Bush put on abortion so far?

Just so you don't have to look it up, it's 0.

State and Church had got to be kept divided .Bush doesnt see it that way

link?

Bushie wouldnt allow non Bushies into his rallies

Yeah he should let them in so he can constantly be heckled and interrupted.

created the Patrot act

Congress did that.

and has pushed foward the mental health act which could have the ability , if handled poorly of putting money in the drug corporations hands while labeling the challenging mentally infirm..

Come again?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
GOD HAS BLESSED US WITH A GOOD MAN WE HATE TO THINK WHAT KERRY WOULD BE LIKE. GO GEORGE AND FINISH THE JOB!

joi

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Bush is the only president in US history to allow government sponsered stem cell reasearch.

Thats just a trophy piece. Stem cell study approved by Bush is limited to adult cells that are contaminated and few in number. Useless!

How many limitations has Bush put on abortion so far?

His views on abortion were enough for me to take my vote elsewhere.
www.issues2000.org...

link?

Heres just one of many articles regarding him trying to mix church and state
www.usatoday.com...

Yeah he should let them in so he can constantly be heckled and interrupted.

Kerry had no problem letting Bushies into his events. They were told if they were interuptive theyd be removed, but to enjoy the show, and hopefully youll change your mind.
Bush's people were rude and said leave or be removed by police. he never even gave people a chance to see what he was about.

Congress did that.

He signed it along with a new bill for Patriot act II, the sequel

Come again?

check out posts on here or google it regarding the President�s New Freedom Commission on Mental Health.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by joi
Thats just a trophy piece. Stem cell study approved by Bush is limited to adult cells that are contaminated and few in number. Useless!

His views on abortion were enough for me to take my vote elsewhere.

Ok, that's his views. I asked what he's done.
No two people will have the same view on every issue.

Heres just one of many articles regarding him trying to mix church and state

Besides the mention of "faith based initiative" where in the article does it say that Bush is actually doing something to mix church and state.

And please prove to me that having faith based organizations helping out poor and underprivilaged people is wrong....

He signed it along with a new bill for Patriot act II, the sequel

Statement still stands.

check out posts on here or google it regarding the President�s New Freedom Commission on Mental Health.

Ok, but what were you trying to say?

joi

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Im off to work so well just have to agree to disagree!
Like half the country!

new topics

top topics

join