It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret world of gold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Interesting set of set of videos and graphics for those interested in gold, whether as investors, jeerers, or sideline watchers. As one source describes it:

In a wide-ranging look at the history and present of the barbarous relic, CBC's Ann-Marie MacDonald has gathered many perspectives (pro and con) on gold. The following documentary moves from historical shipwrecks to Nazi 'death gold' and England's war chest to recent years where widespread economic uncertainty has given the yellow metal a "new lustre in the world of high finance." Valued for its permanence, beauty and scarcity, people will lie, cheat, steal and kill in the name of gold; and the clip provides color on many of the market manipulations of the last few years. As MacDonald says, whether it’s a few gold coins or gold bars stored in one of the many vaults around the world, many investors are taking a shine to gold. But there’s not a lot of it. It is said that, even melted down, there would not be enough to fill an Olympic swimming pool. Some claim that much of the gold held by the Bank of Canada, the Bank of England, the Federal Reserve and Fort Knox is gone - that for every 100 ounces of gold traded, there exists only one ounce of real, physical gold. So, where is the gold - and who really owns it?

More at Source: Zero hedge

See also This page from CBC Doczone is the original source and contains lots of nifty graphics and other fun stuff. You can watch the related YouTube vids as well:

edit on 4/21/2013 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
IM MARKING SO I CAN WATCH LATER

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This is a really good Mini Doc.

I found it interesting that the Royal Bank Plaza has GoldLeaf Glass windows. I've always made comment on how that building shines in the light like gold & now I know why. $150 million later & that is what your building can look like.

Funny enough I would bet that the royal bank also includes that $150 million in their capital reserves.

It was crazy to learn that banks 'rent' out there gold reserves which gets sold to jewellery buyers yet the banks still include those on there reserve bank balances.... This system is so corrupt.

It's time we take away the private banks ability to create money. Money is a law & as such should be strictly created by a government institution.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Novaisking
This is a really good Mini Doc.

Glad you enjoyed it.

It's time we take away the private banks ability to create money. Money is a law & as such should be strictly created by a government institution.

Lincoln and Kennedy both tried to. Funny how that's not the only thing they have in common....

I rarely find myself arguing for govt over business, but when it comes to the topic of credit creation, I'm inclined to agree to some extent. I say "to some extent" because at the highest level the two are so closely intertwined. Notice how many Golman Sachs alums staff the highest levels of govt financial nodes, for example. And besides that there are a lot of envelopes being passed around, if you catch my drift.

That's why I find ATS Govt-vs-business arguments usually flawed. There is a case to be made for smaller businesses vs the govt, but when it comes to wall street it's a whole other level; places like Goldman and Morgan and the hedge funds, etc.... That's not a "business" in the same sense as a corner store or even a thriving mid-sizes Industrial factory (are there even any of those left in the US?) They have a whole different relationship to the econmh and play a different role. And not in a good way, IMHO.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
A good way to bring up the holdings of the big banks is to show security is to raise up the value of one of their assets.... Gold. Has the increase in the price of gold been controlled by the big banks? Whether or not they actually have the physical gold they say they have is questionable, it has probably been replaced by cut or filled gold.

new topics

top topics

join