It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you noticed....?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It might just be me, but after watching many boards and blogs it seems that right wing republicans really aren't that happy about Bush being relected. They're posting results and are sharing their happiness... but they just don't seem happy deep down. Have they come to their senses and realised what they've done?

The republicans I've talked to today have actually been more solemn than the democrats (and thats saying something)

I dont know if its just me, but the right just doesn't seem jubilant at all that he's got the second term.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think what you are seeing is the Republican party trying to be respectful of those that strongly supported Kerry and are now upset that he lost. Nobody wants to gloat over the Bush win. People want to put the emotion of the campaigns behind them and move forward.

It is not a matter of Republicans and other Bush supporters not being happy that Bush won. It is more a matter of not going around and rubbing it in peoples faces.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It certainly isn't true from my reading around here, Nerdling.

What I read from those people that you put in the box called "Right wing Republicans" is smugness, gloating, disinterest in following through on election results and the same old same old.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I just read your post to my 18 year old daughter Nerdling. She had made the same observation as you about republicans not seeming that happy about haveing won.
I did'nt really notice myself as I was too busy wondering where we go from here and what's became of the democratic party.
Just thought I'd let you know that someone else had the same thoughts about it.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
We are happy yes, but we also know the damage done but such a bitter campaign. No reason to gloat, as we know that the job ahead is NOT and easy one.

We Americans are a different bunch

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
It might just be me, but after watching many boards and blogs it seems that right wing republicans really aren't that happy about Bush being relected. They're posting results and are sharing their happiness... but they just don't seem happy deep down. Have they come to their senses and realised what they've done?

The republicans I've talked to today have actually been more solemn than the democrats (and thats saying something)

I dont know if its just me, but the right just doesn't seem jubilant at all that he's got the second term.

They made their bed and now have to lie in it.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I don't think thats it though Jemison. I know many who would gleefully throw this around and they're very unenthusiastic considering they've spent the last 8 months on a religion fuelled liberal attack run.

Maybe they've woken up from this mistake and thought "what have I done?"

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger as we know that the job ahead is NOT and easy one.
Repairing the great RNC Divide? Who is doing that job? Will the rhetoric suddenly stop? Will the theist-mongering stop? Will the fear-mongering stop? Just like that? Republicans I've talked to today are fearful. I'm not sure it's through any awareness of a realization it's all based on a deceitful platform... but something is nagging them.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
We are happy yes, but we also know the damage done but such a bitter campaign. No reason to gloat, as we know that the job ahead is NOT and easy one.

We Americans are a different bunch

That's right. It's hard work. Mixed messages. Now maybe these OBGYN's can get on with their love making, it's hard work.

Consider this. We already endured 4 years of the BS so whats another 4?

It's all good. It's hard work.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I already promised not to gloat, here on the Board, or in actual real life.
It's disrespectful..

I am happy that Bush won, but refuse to belittle Kerry supporters...Unless they
resort to name calling, which has already happened to me in another thread..

Or, should we all do the "Snoopy Dance" and sing nanner nanner boo boo?

OH, one more thing...It's not a FOOTBALL GAME. IT's serious business..

[edit on 3-11-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hey we've been doing some serious back-slapping and even a little gloating here in Texas. I'm surprised you can't hear it across the Atlantic.

Originally yelled by a lot of Texans
Yeeeeehaaaaa!!! Bush Won Suckers!

I am a bit more reserved about my feelings on the board, so maybe that's what you're seeing. There's no excuse for bloggers to be quiet. What's up with that?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

It's all a matter of perspective. Being a Kerry supporter, you see Bush's reelection as a bad thing, and therefore any unhappiness or leariness among the conservative element jump out at you like a sore thumb, and you tune out the rest. Same applies to the conservatives, who see any inkling of disapproval at Kerry or even heartfelt support as rabid liberalism.

Personally, I've seen it all. Conservatives who are absolutely estatic that Bush won, conservatives who are leary, pissed-off liberals and liberals who are just glad it's all over. This election sucked the juice out of everyone in this country, I think we're all glad that it's done with even if the outcome was not what we had hoped for. Wait a few months, when things have gone back to 'normal', and I think you'll see the conservatives and liberals falling back to their old ways.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Republicans are solemn because now that they don't have Kerry and an election to focus their criticism towards, they will actually have to face and deal with the issues that they have neglected so far and criticize themselves.

[edit on 11-3-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I see what some of you are saying. Throughout my travels today (In the outside world not ATS) Not one person has gloated about Bush winning his second term. In fact my republican friends didnt even really have anything to say about it. It's really quite wierd, I would expect the Kerry supporters to be glum, but not the Bush supporters.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I AM NOT GLUM!!!

My inner Light is laughing loudly, ok?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I AM NOT GLUM!!!

I excluded ATS members from this. We are all happy people here....

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yes, I guess the interesting thing is that whatever bad stuff that happens in the future with our government can totally be blamed on republicans for the next 4 years. LOL.
Just trying to cheer myself up here.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sarcasimo

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I AM NOT GLUM!!!

I excluded ATS members from this. We are all happy people here....

ooops, you sure did..Sorry.
Yes here at ATS we are: Shiny Happy people holding hands..!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I have noticed things along the same lines. Nobody seems to have any enthusiasm for the election or its results anymore. Like somebody said, it just sucked the juice out of everyone. The only ones who are happy are the ignorant ones.

Be on the lookout for international events in the next few weeks. Things should get interesting. But really, now that the house, senate, and judiciary are tilted in favor of bush, is there anything he can't do? Scary thought...

God, if you exist, please help America--we don't know what we are doing.

Politics was funny until today. Now nobody's laughing...

[edit on 11/3/04 by NothingMakesSense]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
If there like me then they are just worn out mentally. I got really worried about Kerry winning. I have been waiting for this day for months, and finally it came. Now that question is answered and im really happy, but i think the fact that my mind can rest now is keeping me from being all woohoo hoorah yayyyyyyyyyy. Instead I am just, whoa....that was a close one..i am glad its over.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join