It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Download Options.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Ok so for some reason when I am really looking for something to figure out I can do a search and fix it, but for some reason I cant seem to find anything that can help with this particular problem, so I decided to ask the great minds here on ATS.

Here it goes.
I have 2 programs F.F and Chrome, which I use both for 2 different types of downloading, mostly documentaries to watch offline.
With F.F I have an easy downloader, but it doesnt download everything, but on Chrome I can download almost anything yet it takes forever. My options other than Flash download which takes forever is SWF, I have no idea what this is, but it seems to condense the video, I have looked for a downloader for it, but they seem to be either scams, or they want to add a ton of add ons.

So I ask is there an easier download player? I am not trying to download anything that I am not supposed to, but I am looking for faster downloads, AVI takes forever, of course YT is great but doesnt have all full docs, and I look for full ones.

So any suggestions or if I am understanding it wrong will be a great help. Thanks in advance, NRE.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I use a video capture program called Replay Video Capture 6.
It's nice because you can open it up, then go to what ever web site and tell the program to copy the video.
I'm not sure what exactly you are D/Ling but this is a neat little program for copying.

Give it a once over and see if it applies to your needs.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I use "download helper". It's a great little add-on that I use in Firefox and BTW, it's freeware!
Works well and you can often specify the quality and even format of your download if more than one format is available. As long as you use it for legal stuff (as you've said) all is cool.

EDIT: reply to post by shadow watcher

That also sounds pretty cool. Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.
OP, that might be worth a look!
edit on 21/4/13 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
it sounds like you are looking for a you tube downloader that uses multiple mirroring sites for faster downloads by breaking it up into seperate segments.

i've seen (only) one that does that on mozzilla's add on page, but do not remember what it's called.

you guys and your you tube videos

just kiddin', i've seen you link good ones here.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I usually use SaveFromNet.

No need to install anything and it's usually fast.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
A detailed new compilation of evidence by the Guardian newspaper (London) and the BBC Arabic Service (London) has brought up fresh material to support the emerging international view that the US government and its AIPAC/Zionist corporate controllers now form the major engine of state-sponsored terrorism on the planet.

The allegations, made by US and Iraqi witnesses in the new fifty-minute London documentary, implicate US government advisers for the first time in the human rights abuses committed.

intrested in this?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i use this in firefox, Download Flash & Video this add-on is great for most all video.. youtube, dailymotion.. etc.. it'll even allow you to download flash games that you might play online.

Download Flash and Video is a great download helper tool that lets you download Flash games and Flash videos (YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, Google Videos and more) with a single click.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I use these sites

edit on Dec 27th 2018 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join