It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Meanings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone here is good with interpreting dream meanings? I have a few that have haunted me for years and I've love to have some theories on them.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
yes.....

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Let's hear it.
PLPL

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Double post, sorry.
PLPL
edit on 21-4-2013 by Minori because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well I've got three. They are all from years ago but where so vivid at the time that they are just memorable as something having happened in the real world hence why I'm considering their importance.

The first was when I was about 15 and knew nothing about philosophy or ancient civilizations back then, but I was at my school, except the houses nearby were not there so there was only fields around it. For some reason there were police and military there, and all of a sudden this gjallerhorn sounded which made the ground shake, and on the horizon the three horsemen of the apocalypse came galloping towards us, except the horses were as tall as skyscrapers on the horizon. The tanks fired rounds at them, but had no effect, so I ran and hid in a bin, I then woke up. Again, this was before I had ever heard of the horses of the apocalypse.

The second was where I turned into a Rabbit, and hopped around through what looked like the English countryside except it was like an alternate universe. Instead of cars there were only public trams which were on every road and for some reason I entered a strangers house and there were computers in use, but they were like on old fashioned 'radiation king' style screens and the software ran a an 8bit 1980's program, but it was attached to the internet. The world seemed in a right state with some buildings almost completely destroyed, later on in the dream I apparently turned back into a human and then whilst trawling through what I remember to be a large Blockbuster, there was a huge flood which swept me away and killed me and everyone near me.

The third was even creepier and was basically me being stalked in a pitch black woodland by a black horse, except the horse was all #ed up, kind of resident evil style. I eventually get trampled by it before waking.

I think the second one is what I'm more interesed in, because I've never had a dream like it before or since, of transforming into another species. Quite strange, but yet whilst I was dreaming it felt completely normal, like I was meant to be a rabbit. Kind of hard to describe.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CyningSaeward

Interesting dreams.

I had a dream when i was 23,that i still remember for its outstanding weirdness:I was in this old dilapidated house,and in a room sitting on the old dusty wooden floor,within a cicle.
This was a circle,that had another around it,and in the middle of these 2 circles,were symbols.There was this rather terrifying man,about in his 3o's,and he kept changing from a man,into a cat,and back again,very fierce and hissing-kind of like a were-cat,i suppose.While i remained in the circle,though,he could'nt touch me,and i did get the feeling that he meant me harm.It made him very angry that he could'nt get to me,i think that's why in catform,and in process of shifting,he was so hissing and agressive.As a man,istill caught his vibe,of frustration,maybe downright anger,that he could'nt get to me.

The next night i dream an unsettling dream of being in the same house again,but unfortunately i cannot remember that one.

For a third night,i dreamt of this dilapidated,dusty old house,all i remember from that one,was that i was walking through it,and being careful to avoid the bulbous fat black spiders hanging everywhere around.Gnarly dreams,those were.

edit on 21-4-2013 by Raxoxane because: typo

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Have you ever done any Magickal rituals or know anyone who does do them Raxoxane? Sounds to me like someone has put some form of protection over you from something.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Hey CS,not really,as a child i was very drawn to reading+learning about voodoo,but i never practised it.It must have been someone else-that was at a time of my life when i was young,and had to work to pay my own rent,aside from that i hung out at my regular pub with friends-i did'nt have the time,or inclination to practise anything.All my life,since childhood though,i have been completely fascinated by,and drawn to voodoo,magick,hoodoo,Druidism,etc,Ive read a lot about it through the years,but no,i don't remember doing any specific protection spells.Maybe i did in childhood do Something,but if i did,i don't remember.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Sounds similar to the dreams I have been having these last few weeks.
Cats and spiders and cockroaches.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Your first dream you are in school, dreams about school are related to the obvious, learning new skills or abilities. It can also relate to relationships that are not family, and how to belong to groups. Sometimes school reflects a time when a person is revamping their personality or changing their way of thinking. School is also a symbol of life in general, we all have something to learn. It was in the middle of a field, that can relate to what you are doing in your everyday life, it also symbolizes freedom from social pressure, to be more aware of what is natural and to get back to the essentials, make use of what is available to you for spiritual growth.
The police and military personal in a dream suggests authority. This can vary from the relationship between a father and son , to social control, or even the dreamer subconsciously feeling the need to slow down, and control our wilder, radical side. You where in high school when you had this dream, so that explains a lot of the social issues and finding yourself aspects of the dream.
Horns in a dream can stand for strength and invincibility, it also can represent prophecy and conquering an enemy. Which leads us to the horses................
First there are 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, but you saw only three, so lets start with the meaning of three, it is a very strong spiritual number................recognized in many religions and belief systems.
in dreams three can represent bravery and freedom , stability and success. On the flip side it can also mean over-confidence, dis-interest, impatience and careless behavior.
The horse in dreams can go either way, it is both a symbol of life and death, darkness and light, good and evil. It to is also acknowledged as a symbol of freedom. As most know the horse is regarded as a sacred animal in many different cultures. The meaning of the horse goes deeper if you can remember the color of them.
Do you remember their color??
What made you think they were the horses of the apocalypse?? (not saying they were not)
I will be back to look at your other dreams, duty calls.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Minori

There were only three, when I finally found out about the horses of the apocalpyse I attributed that dream to them, but in all fairness, it probably wasn't. They were simply three godlike figures riding huge great horses, all black. The giants on the horses were also black clad and were wearing black cloaks.

Hmm.. now just equated the two horse dreams together...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The black horse in dreams relates to our passionate nature. The white to the spiritual and brown to our natural disposition. But I do tend to look outside the box a little and the ominous factor of the black horse can also apply, representing death and the darker forces. That is something you would determine, how did they make you feel??? If you were scared or nervous, or if you where just viewing them.
Giants in dreams may suggest coming to terms with repressed feelings towards adults, they are related to anger in particular masculine anger, and primordial power.
The color black in itself holds meaning, it is the color that holds all other colors inside. It may suggest manifestation, opposition and retribution.

PLPL

I have to add, dreams that happened long ago and are still remembered hold significance. Within the symbols there is a message, my view has always been that dreams where a way in which the divine sent messages. In this crazy world we live in the only time any of us truly relax and submit is in sleep. We are the must vulnerable then, and thus the most accessible. It is when we seek the answers, that we find the truth.
edit on 22-4-2013 by Minori because: after thought

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
It’s true that dreams have the meaning. Every dream gives us a message about what could happen in the future or what is happening at present. The dreams describe many things which are related to our life. Each and every thing we see in the dream have its different individual meaning, whatever we see such as animals, peoples, flowers, colors etc. I was also unknown of this, but now, I come to know much more about what dreams describes. You can also know about the dreams that what they means by visiting a very informative website ‘meaningofdreams’. If we understand the meaning of dreams it can help us in changing circumstances.

top topics

join