It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

peace?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Dear momma don't cry, your baby boy's doin good
Tell the homies I'm in heaven and they ain't got hoods
Seen a show with Marvin Gaye last night, it had me shook
Drippin peppermint Schnapps, with Jackie Wilson, and Sam Cooke
Then some lady named Billie Holiday
Sang sittin there kickin it with Malcolm, 'til the day came
Little LaTasha sho' grown
Tell the lady in the liquor that she's forgiven, so come home
Maybe in time you'll understand only God can save us
When Miles Davis cuttin lose with the band
Just think of all the people that you knew in the past
that passed on, they in heaven, found peace at last
Picture a place that they exist, together
There has to be a place better than this, in heaven
So right before I sleep, dear God, what I'm askin
Remember this face, save me a place, in thug's mansion

~tupac

i know many of you don't like rap, i know many of you haven't expeirienced the streets either so probably couldn't relate. but listen for a minute before you make your decision.

let us all think, for one moment, if we could all, just for one day, look beyond what the other man believed in, what they looked like, or how they did things, or how they liked their chicken cooked, or what soccer team they liked. past the things that have happened in the past. past it all and for one day let us all get along, as brothers, as men, let us all drink, let us all dance, let us all live, be free, be happy, and have peace. let us be for we are the ones who decide our fates! we have no need to argue, or fight, or hate based on what we're told. look past the noise and into the souls of those around us. that is all we need. if we had peace for one day, who says we may not want it again tomorrow, and the day after, and realise, that the other way of doing things, may not be that different, or be that bad?

why can't this happen? just once....

[Edited on 03/17/2003 by phoenix_cross]

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Because if everyone was treated equally and peacefully, then those who are insecure, those who want power and those who seek control, could no longer be BETTER THAN OTHER PEOPLE.

They would lose their identities.

And fight to get them back.

Because they are weak.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I agree with quango. Generally human beings are insecure and seeking others perceived as weaker than them to vent their frustrations on. That, plus the fact that we are quarrelsome by nature does tend to cause problems

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
ive been on the streets, lived in shelters,a nd lived in the projects, but I do not like rap.. well I like some of it, the stuff that is meant to be funny.. but most of it is just *stupid*. Who cares about their hoes and their thugs and their 50 cars. and why does he call himself a thug? because he is one? because he is proud of it? you are what you *decide* to be. you cant blame your life or surroundings on the type of person you are and then ask for forgiveness. that is ridiculous.

top topics

join