It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preparing for Major Terrorism Exercises in Three Cities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Well, whenever there is going to be a terrorist attack, we know there will also be an exercise going on - this is from a clear pattern. It could be to confuse people, like with 9/11.

However, we don't know that whenever there is going to be an exercise, there is going to be a terrorist attack. I think that about covers it.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The confusing part is the bottom of the first page of the OP article. It says Attorney General Janet Reno will be in attendance to the three terror drills. Wouldn't it say Former Attorney General if this is current?

And another Clinton adviser Fema director De Witt hasn't been director of Fema since 2001.

And the Health and Human services Secretary is currently Kathleen Sebelius, not Donna Shalala
edit on 22-4-2013 by CarpeLibertas because: More info added

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Dr. Kevin (Ilan) Tabb, president and CEO of the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston told the Israeli website Ynet that Tsarnaev is in stable condition but that because of wounds to his throat, he may never be able to speak again.

How convenient...

At this point I don't think anyone cares what he has to say. They're out for blood.

Hooray for Justice!

NOT!!!

EDIT: I do hear he is beginning to communicate through writing and that his injury had not silenced him during the apprehension. Maybe he was in shock???
edit on 22-4-2013 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What I want to know is:

If these are just Training Exercise's, does this mean that no life has been taken? That no-one has been injured?

The names which come up saying 'dead', do they get a new ID and live elsewhere?

Think about it, if the Government are killing people off with these Exercise's, what are the ramifications of such things?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Nothing to see here, move along citizen, move along.... Emperor Palpatine will be arriving soon with Lord Vader, just the 501st checking for suspected rebels!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Drills used to be done in "MOCK" fashion where people knew it was make believe. Who needs it to be so realistic that people can't tell if it's real terrorism or fake? The people in the drill know it's a drill so who are they trying to make believe it is real, and then if as as happened so many time a real event happens, how can you tell it wasn't a false flag?

There have been too many coincidences in drills happening right at the same time in the same area or there abouts recently. I believe the government has lost many of the citizens trust at this point. This on it's most simple level is more indoctrination of getting people used to illegal searches and gestapo tactics. Eventually, and I believe planned outcome, someone is going to be mad enough to say no and use a gun to say "NO MORE". Then, the media will use that as an excuse to say, "See, Americans are dangerous, especially those who don't appreciate Gestapo thugs treating them as criminals." "Take the guns" will be the cry all over media.

It is time to stop this insanity.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The headline at the top says the following:

Turns out this was from 2002.

Ta da! Retro terror. And to think, I nearly had an opinion about this thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
With a minimal amount of digging, one will find that this exercise occurred in May of 2000. The key observations from the exercise are documented in a report on the National Response Team's website. The exercise was known as Exercise TOPOFF (top officials) 2000 and was a "Congressionally mandated" national exercise. Preliminary specifics say that this "no-notice" exercise "...was designed to assess the nation's crisis and consequence management capability...".

The exercise started on Wednesday, May 17th, 2000 and ended Wednesday, May 24th 2000.

ESV

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

This portion of the linked article:

A similar, secret exercise recently conducted in Cincinnati showed that local hospitals, police and other services were woefully unprepared for such a disaster, the Washington Post reported Friday.

abcnews.go.com...-c

Refers to this article, dated April 2000.

news.google.com...,6884849

So perhaps it is an old article.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I guess we should have known since they didn't warn Miami:
Military Drillls and Black Helicopters in US Cities Spark Panic

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Specific dates and characteristics of the exercise are being withheld from participants, to make the tests as realistic as possible.

What if something "real" happens during the drill? How would anyone know until it's too late?

What if someone thinks something "real" is really happening, and they go for their gun?

So many ways it could go wrong.....

This might just be the realism that they are hoping for..? War games in our own cities

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
so....when something happens and the government doesn't admit to prior knowledge of it, it's a false flag attack. but when the government tells everybody beforehand that they're going to do something, it's preparation for something else. what exactly do you want them to do?

when I was a federal LEO, we ran drills all the time. everything from WMD attacks to terrorism attacks to a mass casualty event. sometimes we knew they were drills beforehand, others we didn't. i'm just not seeing anything nefarious here, and i'm confused as to what exactly people want from the government. i'm no supporter of how things are going or being run right now, but i can't help but feel that there's really no right answer here on ATS. damned if they do, damned if they don't.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
The headline at the top says the following:

Turns out this was from 2002.

Ta da! Retro terror. And to think, I nearly had an opinion about this thread.

You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I remember the day when WMDs were code for nuclear warheads.

Now they're code for pressure cookers.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I live about 15 minutes west of Denver, and personally have no knowledge of drills aside from the one posted earlier in the thread. I found an old Huff Post article about Operation Mountain Guardian from 2011, but aside from all the "breaking news" links, that's all I can find.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Won't post links to "breaking news" articles I found as I don't believe Beforeitsnews, blogs, and Infowars are exactly credible.
edit on 4/28/2013 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join