Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I'm angry............... Really fu...... angry

page: 1
20
<<   2 >>

log in

join
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This is a rare post for me

I'm lucky enough to be the father of 3 beautiful children, my first son died regardless of the excellent care he received from a brain haemorrhage. His innocence still touches me.

My heart has bled and my soul has been ripped from me trying to be a good dad. I'm sure those of you that have kids can understand that. My daughter is 16 now and still has to go through losing her first love, it's nothing I can protect her from regardless, but I will be there for her.

My surviving son is a cocky little sod of 14, very sporty and a real hit with the girls and their mums (takes after the old man)



So imagine my dismay when I read this.


The news story is about this adorable little girl, Hena Akhter. She was raped by a relative, but an Imam following sharia law found her guilty of adultery and sentenced her to 101 lashes. This little angel died after receiving 70 of those lashes. The events read like an unbelievable horror story where readers would say, "That couldn't happen!"


And was followed up with this reply...




I can see the mods ready with the ban button as this is such a personal matter, but it is also a global matter. The concepts of multiculturalism is about understanding each others beliefs. We do not have to trust or agree with them, but as a minimum try and understand them so we show the way out of this darkness.



Understand what exactly ?

Understand raping and killing a little girl is OK as long as it isn't in my sight ?
Understand that because it's a different culture it's OK?
Understand what?

I don't understand

May God forgive me if I ever do

Cody
edit on 21/4/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Welcome to the world of moral relativism ...

This is where it has lead us.



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This was a message to all the victims of rape in their country. It's their way of saying 'don't ask don't tell' and if you do you'll die. That's the message I'm getting from this.
These Imams aren't condemning rapist, they are warning future victims to not speak up.



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
There has never been a law written that says that we aren't allowed to get mad at the actions of others. Not even the ten commandments states that we aren't allowed to get mad. What we do when we get mad is another story and that there are laws for.



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599
 

Where did this story come from?
(Which Website?)




Originally posted by cody599


I can see the mods ready with the ban button as this is such a personal matter, but it is also a global matter. The concepts of multiculturalism is about understanding each others beliefs. We do not have to trust or agree with them, but as a minimum try and understand them so we show the way out of this darkness.



Understand what exactly ?

Understand raping and killing a little girl is OK as long as it isn't in my sight ?
Understand that because it's a different culture it's OK?
Understand what?

The impression I got from reading that comment, is completely different from the way you took it.

I don't think that person was in any way trying to justify the actions. It could have been worded better, but I think they were just simply trying to say that this is something that should not be kept quiet. It is something that needs to be discussed, in order to make others aware of just how twisted some religions truly are.



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm a Muslim, and I'm pissed as well. What kind of a sick and insane person would do this. Once again some uneducated fools have feeded the Islamophobist trolls. Thanks!!!!!!



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
Welcome to the world of moral relativism ...

This is where it has lead us.




I've just fired off a shed load of emails to various governments
I don't suppose it will make a difference but it's a start



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
This was a message to all the victims of rape in their country. It's their way of saying 'don't ask don't tell' and if you do you'll die. That's the message I'm getting from this.
These Imams aren't condemning rapist, they are warning future victims to not speak up.


Amazing the power one person has
Just because of a title



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
I'm a Muslim, and I'm pissed as well. What kind of a sick and insane person would do this. Once again some uneducated fools have feeded the Islamophobist trolls. Thanks!!!!!!


What can I say ?
Welcome to my friends list



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by cody599
 

Where did this story come from?
(Which Website?)




Originally posted by cody599


I can see the mods ready with the ban button as this is such a personal matter, but it is also a global matter. The concepts of multiculturalism is about understanding each others beliefs. We do not have to trust or agree with them, but as a minimum try and understand them so we show the way out of this darkness.



Understand what exactly ?

Understand raping and killing a little girl is OK as long as it isn't in my sight ?
Understand that because it's a different culture it's OK?
Understand what?

The impression I got from reading that comment, is completely different from the way you took it.

I don't think that person was in any way trying to justify the actions. It could have been worded better, but I think they were just simply trying to say that this is something that should not be kept quiet. It is something that needs to be discussed, in order to make others aware of just how twisted some religions truly are.







Jiggers post here

Link to original article
edit on 21/4/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599
 


Oh Cody...I feel your anger and your pain. This is the saddest thing I have read in so long. The saddest thing is that it happens more than we know.

As for your 16 yr getting her heart broken, I have been there. Watching my daughter cry because some boy ripped her heart out leaves you utterly helpless.

I told my daughter-and meant every word- that is she is beautiful, kind and smart and if he couldnt see that she was too good for him anyway. She still cried, but, she bounced back. They all do.

Hugs to your daughter and to you.

Our world is a scary place for children. I fear for our future generations.

I just don't know how to fix it.



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968
 


You just did
Maybe not global
But you just made a difference
Thank you

Cody
edit on 21/4/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
I'm a Muslim, and I'm pissed as well. What kind of a sick and insane person would do this. Once again some uneducated fools have feeded the Islamophobist trolls. Thanks!!!!!!


Your prescience here, in this thread and on this forum, can make a world of difference. I know there's a lot of Islamaphobia in our world, but you have the unique perspective that can explain the difference in Islam and cultural traditions.

Keep your head high and your message clear. Some of us really are listening.



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
not reall y sure what this rant is about, but anyway...
do you even know that story is true? i doubt it is. even if it is, then what. email someone?
just stop watching news if it makes you mad.



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
not reall y sure what this rant is about, but anyway...
do you even know that story is true? i doubt it is. even if it is, then what. email someone?
just stop watching news if it makes you mad.


Seriously?

Yes, the story is true. It's been in the news for several days.

Are you so callous that the rape and government-sanctioned MURDER of a child means nothing to you?

Cody is trying to make a difference. Fact is, there's little we can do besides email and make contacts...and make sure the world knows the truth about this story. Ignoring unpleasantness will never bring about much-needed change.



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl
 

ha well sorry to sound callous.
but it's like being annoyed because it's raining. its gonna rain anyway.
we all know a strongly worded letter/email will be thrown in the bin before its ever read.
if that eases your conscience-ok, but you new it was futile.
swearing in a gossip section on a internet forum is not how you get things done.



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
swearing in a gossip section on a internet forum is not how you get things done.

Neither is living in complete denial...

Girls getting raped by their brothers or cousins is not only common in Islamic countries, but the blame falls on the girl.

I’ve heard that half the women in Saudi prisons are there because they were raped.

Under Sharia law, a woman who is raped must find 4 male witnesses to testify on her behalf, or she is the guilty party instead.




edit on 21-4-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I am speechless. I hadn't heard about that, I kind of wish I didn't but part of me is glad I did. My heart bleeds for that little girl, may she RIP. My heart also bleeds for the ones that truly loved her.


Hearing stuff like this... it almost justifies some of the things that the military is doing over in some of those Countries. I know that sounds bad but, the more of them types of bastards we get rid of, the better off everybody else is.

Thank you Cody.



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I wish there were things i could un-know sometimes,especially as a parent of 2 wonderful daughters myself.Obscene and unbearable things,like this.You can propably imagine the rage and despair i feel at this.Beyond sick,beyond obscene,beyond monstrous.

I am a believer in reincarnation though-he will wish that death of the physical body was,in fact,the end.All like him,will wish that death Was the end.



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kemal
 

Don't worry,there are always people who will know that not nearly all people of the Islamic faith is like this evil man.I myself have known many very lovely Muslim people,from growing up in Cape Town,gentle people,and not remotely demonic,evil like this.





new topics

top topics



 
20
<<   2 >>

log in

join