It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The windows of shop at Boston Bomb site 1.. Blast defies physics !!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I believe this is one of the most important photographs published of the Boston attack. Captured a couple of metres from the point of blast...so why has the glass not been blown in?...or did the supposed injured smash them from the inside to get to their positions.

Respects

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

How do you know the glass on the floor came from the bottom windows? they could have come from the top story windows and fell down.

Also after the blast some glass may have just fallen off and landed straight down.
edit on 21-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If that was the case the glass would be inside the shop...its not..

respects

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
You know, there were quite a lot of bodies between the bomb and the glass. Absorbing the shock and the projectiles is what caused the injuries. And the bomb was on sidewalk level, so for the blast to knock out every window it would have had to have a clear upward wave which, again, was likely absorbed on the sides by human bodies.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Maybe the glass just shattered then gravity did the rest.
I dunno

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
You know, there were quite a lot of bodies between the bomb and the glass. Absorbing the shock and the projectiles is what caused the injuries. And the bomb was on sidewalk level, so for the blast to knock out every window it would have had to have a clear upward wave which, again, was likely absorbed on the sides by human bodies.

Actually if you look at the photographs of the injured you will see most were on this side of the bomb, especially those showing severe injury, and not between the blast and window..

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Blast wind: At the explosion site, a vacuum is created by the rapid outward movement of the blast. This vacuum will almost immediately refill itself with the surrounding atmosphere. This creates a very strong pull on any nearby person or structural surface after the initial push effect of the blast has been delivered. As this void is refilled, it creates a high-intensity wind that causes fragmented objects, glass and debris to be drawn back in toward the source of the explosion.

www.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Yup also what covert said I was just gonna post that

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

Blast wind: At the explosion site, a vacuum is created by the rapid outward movement of the blast. This vacuum will almost immediately refill itself with the surrounding atmosphere. This creates a very strong pull on any nearby person or structural surface after the initial push effect of the blast has been delivered. As this void is refilled, it creates a high-intensity wind that causes fragmented objects, glass and debris to be drawn back in toward the source of the explosion.

www.howstuffworks.com...

The intital blast would have pushed the glass in a blast dosnt attract, I disagree totally with the premise that a blast sucks glass in.

Respects

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

www.howstuffworks.com...

The intital blast would have pushed the glass in a blast dosnt attract, I disagree totally with the premise that a blast sucks glass in.

Respects

Sorry, but it happens. As the article states a vacuum is made, which causes air to rush back in.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Those are double paned glass and I'm pretty sure that the blast wave pushed on it causing it to spring inward and then after compressing the air/nitrogen in between the panes, the glass was popped back out when the inner pane gave way and the outer pane shot outward as it rebounded. Don't forget these windows are tempered glass so they will stress fracture all over and I believe they fractured on the bend inward and completed broke on the spring-back.

There is glass on both sides of the storefront wall and I am not surprised.

Seems normal to me!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The alternative theory being that a bomb must of been planted inside those buildings to make the one on the stree look more real!

Hmm...

It helps to understand the physics behind the case before stating that it "defies" it.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

www.howstuffworks.com...

Respects

Sorry, but it happens. As the article states a vacuum is made, which causes air to rush back in.

While that's true, the initial blast is far stronger, and by the time the vacume starts pulling back, any objects in the initial blast will be too far away.

I dont see anything suspicious in the picture though.
edit on 21-4-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

www.howstuffworks.com...

Respects

While that's true, the initial blast is far stronger, and by the time the vacume starts pulling back, any objects in the initial blast will be too far away.

I dont see anything suspicious in the picture though.
edit on 21-4-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

I'm not an expert to say, just that I've read it occurs on this site and others. I think that question has been asked many times at other blast sites, thus why I believe they included glass in the description.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I tried cutting tempered glass. I scored it and was tapping it to get it to crack along the line. I was tapping it pretty hard and a lot of times, it got a lot of energy built up within it's structure. Finally it blew into a bunch of little crystals and they danced on the floor for about fifteen minutes. We were laughing about this, then they were starting to stop. When we walked up to them we gave them more energy from our walking and they started hopping around again.

Tempered glass on these windows absorbed the energy and when something hit them, their crystal bond was overwhelmed and they broke into little tiny pieces and fell down. I spent a lot of time researching this and thinking about this event in my life. I bet those pieces were hopping but maybe noone saw them because their attention was on something else..
edit on 21-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hmmm defies physics OP,

An explosion creates a vacuum that would draw the glass towards the source of the blast so actually it is fitting with the laws of physics.

Sorry but…. No.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

you constantly down what anyone has to say dont you? Ive seen it through alot of threads its a little annoying.
Any way you said a blast pulls stuff in right? Your only half right it will suck in after the blast so between the blast and all the shrapnel, as much as the doctors said they were pulling out of people anyway, the window should have blew in to the store as it beaded.

Now if you look at how much space is between the ground and the bottom of the window if the glass went inward how would it be sucked back out through atleast a half a foot of concrete? As for the window just dropping and landing on both sides most of the glass seems to have come outside so percentage wise what are the chances of alot more of the glass to be on the outside and not in if the glass just had a straight drop.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
OP don't let the naysayers bother you...there are those that will believe everything cnn says without batting an eye
regardless of what the evidence says

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Take a good look at This
this photo show the blast was very close to the building not up next to the street where the main group of injured were...that is some amazing glass

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The debate on whether the glass should be inside the shop or by some miracle all be outside is mute. The fact is this explosion should have blown the window in and in doing so, even with creating a vacuum after the initial blast, there should have been way more glass on the shop floor.

That window was punched out and not by the explosion, that we can see happens on the side-walk.

respects

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join