It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration Reform makes us Safer...says Sen. Durbin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well, I think there are cases where the level of outright tone deaf while playing cheap politics off current events is staggering to behold. This is one of them and I think Durbin would have done far better to keep his silly opinions to himself. This was hardly HELPFUL in a nation already feeling the distinct pangs of paranoia FAR beyond simply sites like ATS and others.

Senate Majority Leader Dick Durbin said on Sunday passing immigration reform will make the country safer by helping to bring the 11 million people living in the United States illegally out of the shadows and onto the government's radar.
Source

I.E... Step right up for our fantastic citizenship and legal residency give away! It's all for your benefit of course! (..and so we can track you too!)

I just can't help myself but to think ..some lines of logic and reasoning may hold truth but are so patently absurd and self defeating to voice publicly, that one has to wonder about the pure judgement shown by some leaders these days.

*Of course, Durbin can't and won't address how those who WANT to remain 'off the grid' will somehow be compelled to step up and register for Government tracking and monitoring when avoiding it has been the whole point of blending into the illegal immigrant community in the first place ....but all pesky questions we're not supposed to take time to ask, I'm thinking.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ya know anytime a politician says here pass this law "it's going to make you safer" they are lying and full of censored.

Think about if congress actually passed laws that worked they would have no job security.

Goes back to that old, " How can you tell a politician is lying" question.

His lips are moving.

edit on 21-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
So mandatory E-Verify, more funding going to securing the border and getting rid of the visa lottery will make us LESS safe?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
We do need to reform our immigration policy, but Durbin's comments are just outright hilarious. Like, by signing legislature, that's somehow going to make it obvious how many citizens and illegals are living in a given neighborhood? Or does he know about some super secret magic government scanner that looks for the chips we're all getting? So many unknowns...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
So mandatory E-Verify, more funding going to securing the border and getting rid of the visa lottery will make us LESS safe?

Do tell how does it make us safer when you have a group of people who think the laws don't apply to them coming here illegally are going to comply with the laws here after they are made "legal".

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I am all for immigration reform and I hope they pass it. That said, Wrabbit has a point - illustrated by the fact that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev had actually become a citizen and both brothers were here legally, and they still did what they did.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
I am all for immigration reform and I hope they pass it. That said, Wrabbit has a point - illustrated by the fact that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev had actually become a citizen and both brothers were here legally, and they still did what they did.

Even the FBI cleared them..

So again I fail to see how immigration reform will make us safer.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

Actually the FBI were warned by foreign governments to look into Tamerlan Tsarnaev. If the FBI hadn't dropped the ball and took the warnings seriously this would have never happened.

join