It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents of Boston Bomber Coming to USA to Visit Son

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I agree. It is just some people follow the propaganda of the msm and right leaning news sources. IMO. I wanted to say something earlier but I bit my tongue.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013
Says the person who would allow a teenager to die without his mother able to visit him, because she stole something once.

LIES. Show EXACTLY WHERE I said that. Good luck with that.

ON TOPIC .... Does anyone know if the USA has to let a person who is charged (he will be) with terrorism have visitors? Does anyone know if the USA has to allow this woman back in the country since she had theft and larceny and destruction of property charges against her about 9 months ago?? Can the USA disapprove of her return to the USA?? At this point, I simply don't know if they can.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Teenager? He's an adult and if he WAS under 18 he would still be tried as an adult because of his actions.

I am with the OP on this one, he shouldn't have any visitors especially ones with any criminal record even if the offenses are minor. After all, it's not like the 2 suspected bombers had lengthy criminal records right?

I wonder if these people think Osama's family should have been allowed to come into the states after 9/11
edit on 21-4-2013 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
May I ask what this woman, her husband and aunt have done to be vilified and make fun of?

I'm not 'vilifying'. I"m stating facts and giving my opinion of their behavior.
And I'm not the only one to come to the conclusion that they are nutty.

Did you see the interview that the aunt gave up in Canada? She's a crackpot.
Do you see the criminal record of the mother .. only 9 months ago criminal activity.
Did you see the statements by the father that the FBI set up his kids and that
'there will be hell to pay' of the 'cowardly police' kill his youngest son?
I don't blame the uncle in Maryland for disowning the clan.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Yep i was going to say the same..
I guess what happens depends on the investigation if they find this sleeping cell and this kids connection to that cell or other links to terrorists. If he is prooved as a terrorist he will have different trial than just criminal charges.
On that article

Conrad says she believes Dzhokhar should have a lawyer appointed as soon as possible

If someone believes is basicly they are not certain about this..

U.S. officials said a special interrogation team for high-value suspects would question him without reading him his Miranda rights, under a public safety exception that exists to protect police and the public from immediate danger. Miranda rights include the right to remain silent and the right to have a lawyer.

Atm things are open and anything can happen regarding how he will be judged.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by oniraug
I am with the OP on this one, he shouldn't have any visitors especially ones with any criminal record even if the offenses are minor.

Actually, I didn't say that I thought he shouldn't have visitors.
I was wondering
1 - CAN he have visitors?
2 - CAN they even get into the country, considering the mothers criminal record?
3 - Why the heck have they waited so long to even try to come? This has been going on a week. If it were my kids, I would have been on an airplane the minute their pictures hit the news ...

But you bring up a good point. The 19 year old will most likely be charged with 4 counts of murder and a bunch of attempted murder charges as well as WMD stuff ... so can someone with a criminal record visit someone else who will be charged like that?? I don't know.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

May I ask what this woman, her husband and aunt have done to be vilified and make fun of?

I'm not 'vilifying'. I"m stating facts and giving my opinion of their behavior.
And I'm not the only one to come to the conclusion that they are nutty.

Really? Are you all certified psychologists?

Did you see the interview that the aunt gave up in Canada? She's a crackpot.

You mean like Charlie Sheen.

Do you see the criminal record of the mother .. only 9 months ago criminal activity.

Lindsey Lohan rings a bell right about now.

Did you see the statements by the father that the FBI set up his kids and that
'there will be hell to pay' of the 'cowardly police' kill his youngest son?

So? How many sons and daughters were killed in Afghanistan today? I looked. Couldn't find any stats on that. LOADS of stats on dead coalition forces though.
Besides, how is that any different than any other father when his son is threatened. I've seen the same said by members here. So again why do they deserve this type of attention?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

My degree is psychology. But it doesn't take a Masters in it to see she's a crackpot.

The aunt and Charlie Sheen both have different 'crackpot' issues.

And?? What's that got to do with the parents of the bomber?

So again why do they deserve this type of attention?

You are kidding, right? The Boston bombing is the biggest thing in the news right now. The family members have all made themselves available to the media and for public attention. The aunt went out of her way to give interviews that weren't necessary. They have been outspoken and critical of everyone except their own. THEY put themselves out for scrutiny ... and so .. being a discussion board ... we are giving them the attention that they brought to themselves by their own statements. You DO remember that this is a discusssion board, right?

So how about people here actually discuss the topic .. and not ME.
The topic - Parents of Boston Bomber Coming to the USA to Visit Son.

1 - Can he have visitors?
2 - Can he have visitors with criminal records?
3 - Does the USA have the right to deny entry to the mother because of her criminal record?
4 - Does the USA have the right to deny the father entry because of the actions of the sons?

My own questioning musing .. why aren't they here already?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't want to get into a huge debate regarding your assumptions but I disagree with your assessment.

My degree is psychology. But it doesn't take a Masters in it to see she's a crackpot.

Being a female I can get highly emotional during times of severe stress. I don't know how you could, with your degree in psychology, make a diagnosis upon a short interview that you did not even participate in.
edit on 21-4-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You may want to ask for your money back if what you are posting about this woman comes close to a diagnosis.

The aunt and Charlie Sheen both have different 'crackpot' issues.

Uh-huh. Another wonderful diagnosis.

And?? What's that got to do with the parents of the bomber?

Well it we you that pointed out about the mother's theft, etc. Just like Lohan but we're not vilifying her here are we?

So again why do they deserve this type of attention?

You are kidding, right? The Boston bombing is the biggest thing in the news right now. The family members have all made themselves available to the media and for public attention. The aunt went out of her way to give interviews that weren't necessary.

Weren't necessary in who's opinion?

They have been outspoken and critical of everyone except their own.

MY GOD IT'S NEWS. They are just like everyone else out there.

THEY put themselves out for scrutiny ... and so .. being a discussion board ... we are giving them the attention that they brought to themselves by their own statements. You DO remember that this is a discusssion board, right?

They are getting attention alright. Childish and petty attention.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It's likely that the Russian law enforcement had some questions for the parents of this terrorist. Which is why they are delayed in reaching him.

They will let the parents come - and the media will descend.

My prediction when they get here in front of the cameras? They are going to give anti-government conspiracy theorists a whole lot of what ifs and food for fodder. Haven't they already with their statements? They are doing their job - continuing to do their job - their terrorists - have set out for them. Cast doubt in your hearts against the government so that YOU will be sympathetic to their terrorist actions, or actually join their movement. Without even realizing it. The government didn't psy-op you. The terrorists did. And you all fell for their propaganda hook, line, and sinker. If you don't like America or Americans or your government - nobody is keeping you here. Get out.

Just my emotional opinion at the moment - which I retain the right to change. My opinions are always changing.

Cirque
edit on 21-4-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: added thought

edit on 21-4-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: sentence reconstruction

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
YOU PEOPLE SERIOUSLY NEED TO STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME THE TOPIC!

Originally posted by GrantedBail
I don't know how you could, with your degree in psychology, make a diagnosis upon a short interview that you did not even participate in

1 - I did not 'diagnosis' anyone
2 - A 'diagnosis' would have been ... "I state that the woman is suffering from bi-polar disorder' .. not 'she's a crack pot'.
3 - I am stating my opinion LIKE EVERYONE ELSE on the subject
4 - The woman came across nutty. I'm ALLOWED to have my opinion.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Reminder!!!

You are responsible for your own posts.

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Stay on Topic and discuss the topic.
Failure to post civilly can result in post removals and temporary Posting Bans.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You may want to ask for your money back if what you are posting about this woman comes close to a diagnosis.

You might want to turn in your moderator title ... because I did NOT 'diagnosis' the person.
And you are seriously off topic and derailing the thread.
Someone give Intrepid an 'off topic' warning.

Well it we you that pointed out about the mother's theft, etc. Just like Lohan but we're not vilifying her here are we?

Because the thread isn't about her.
It's about the parents of the bomber and if they can come to the states.

Weren't necessary in who's opinion?

Mine. And I'm allowed to have it.

They are getting attention alright. Childish and petty attention.

... says the person who is trying to make me the topic instead of the parents...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This entire thread is peppered with your assaults upon the family of these two young men. Yes, you are entitled to your own opinions. However when you throw out incendiary accusations and insults against people on a public message board, expect to be confronted.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
Well according to other reports they are using an exception to Miranda. Which probably means no one will be able to have contact with the kid until after they are done questioning him

Which I disagree with. He should be Miranda-ized as soon as he wakes up ... in my opinon.

But .. CAN he have visitors? Can he have visitors with a criminal record?
And this is going to be in criminal court and not a military (enemy combatant)
Court so does that make a difference?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I found the "patch" police report here for the mothers Felony Theft with destruction of property. After the Felony, she went back to Russia. That is a pretty big deal because they came here on 'political refugee' status (according to the talking heads on tv). If it was so dangerous for them over there that they got political refugee status here ... well .. they went back and faced that same danger when the wife pulled her felony theft.

** google said that theft over $1,000 is a felony.

So if she's a felon as far as the USA is concerned ... does that mean she can't see someone who is charged (will be charged) with multiple felonies and will most likely be facing the death penalty?? i have googled. I can't find out ...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

So if she's a felon as far as the USA is concerned ...

No. According to that link(and the original link) she was arrested and charged. It made no mention of a conviction so she isn't a felon.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Oh and from the original link:

The couple spent the day hiding from the crowd of journalist that flooded their neighborhood in the remote Russian region of Dagestan, according to ABC News.

Yup, really putting themselves out there for public humiliation.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I disagree with the idea that only parents without criminal records should be allowed to see their kids who are up on charges.

It isn't part of the criminal justice system to extend the punishment of alleged criminals to relatives.

It's a little early to start baying for blood when the prosecution hasn't gathered momentum and the accused is yet to be found guilty. If future investigations implicate family members in this atrocity, it'll be taken into account and dealt with accordingly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join