It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dream warns be about putting too much information on the internet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
My mother and I have a bit of a history with having somewhat prophetic dreams (not that it matters, because most of the time I can't remember my dreams until its too late anyway).

Okay, so...

Something interesting happened.

I had a dream that my grandfather was advising me not to post any "anti gun control" stuff on facebook. I was angry with him, because it seemed he was telling me this simply because he didn't agree with what I was saying.

An odd dream, considering my grandfather doesn't know how to use facebook. He can't even text. But, from a psychological point of view, a grand parent in a dream represents a voice of reason.

So, my voice of reason tells me not to post conspiracy and/or anti gun control stuff on facebook.

Wasn't CISPA being debated recently?

The subconscious mind is amazing.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I'd say listen to your grandpa. I agree with him. I didn't have any dreams warn me about putting too much information on the internet. My own thoughts advise me that censoring yourself online is the new ( old) common sense.
edit on 21-4-2013 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Thats interesting. Funny how I usually don't visit the dreams forum..even though its in my favorites..hah.

So I'm not sure about your dream, I guess I just felt the need to respond. I think theres a lot of things on facebook that people shouldn't post anyway, and maybe listen to your dream if some have been prophetic.

peace and love
~nat

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Never understood, why people volunteerly put anything on a "Facebook" for the whole world to see ?! "I ate a sandwich!" - 100k liked it ! Really ? Are you that dumb ?!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I use an alias, like I do for everything online. As for the other information (where you go to school, your job, etc), I put information from my manga books. I essentially mold my profile as though I am one of my main characters in the stories I make.

But, I used to put pictures of myself on facebook, along with all the conspiracy stuff.

The pictures are the only "real" information I've ever put on facebook.

I deleted all the pictures. Now, the only pictures on my facebook are of my drawings and characters. Hopefully I'm not already on a watchlist, though.

It took me two years just to make a facebook, because I didn't want one. My friends really wanted me to make one, because they all used them. Now that I have one, I'm kinda wondering... "Now what?"

Other than reaching people who NEED their eyes opened, facebook seems fairly pointless. If it wasn't so nazi-like and censored, it would be a lot funner... but facebook is becoming more and more of a tool for TPTB.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stingray77
Never understood, why people volunteerly put anything on a "Facebook" for the whole world to see ?! "I ate a sandwich!" - 100k liked it ! Really ? Are you that dumb ?!

Do you honestly think that's how "a Facebook" works? Really? Are you that dumb?!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

Do you honestly think that's how "a Facebook" works? Really? Are you that dumb?!

Oh no, no, no! There is another fun and useful things on the there, like FarmVille, where you can grow your vigies and update your status, when you "calling sick" to work, so your boss and coworkers can see, what you actually at the nearest strip joint, and don't forget to post a pictures of your young ones, with all the school info along, for the pervs to see... Stuff like that... Ohh, and a sandwich thing of course, I mean the world gotta know what you eat!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Maybe all of our subconscious minds are trying to reach us as many people are reporting a change in their dreaming habits.
A weird one for me, last night and about a week ago, I dreamed I was a person and in the dream there was another version of that person, last night was an older version and the other time is was a younger version of the woman I was seeing everything through. Like time travel but the dreams were not about time travel althoughthey were very strange detailed dreams of a life and places not here.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think your dream advice is very wise. I think it would be prudent for all of us to take heed.

I'm afraid for the youth now. They put everything online, and whole sites like Instagram can let anyone know who you are, what you believe, and even how to find you.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I had a similar dream recently. Wasn't about guns but just in general.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I had a dream 2 nights ago that I left a basketball arena with a my parents after a win. We are walking through the parking lot and notice a car's windshield and passenger side frame are smashed in. Still resting in damaged area was a meteorite about the size of a watermelon. I grab the meteorite and we hustle outta there. Later, I have it appraised and am told it's worth $43 million.

Can't wait for that to come to fruition!!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Two words:
Facial Recognition

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

Two words:
Facial Recognition

Photos deleted.

God willing they aren't saved on some hard drive somewhere...

I considered closing my facebook altogether, but right now, my phone use is limited and its the only way I can contact my friends.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Oh no, no, no! There is another fun and useful things on the there, like FarmVille, where you can grow your vigies and update your status, when you "calling sick" to work, so your boss and coworkers can see, what you actually at the nearest strip joint, and don't forget to post a pictures of your young ones, with all the school info along, for the pervs to see... Stuff like that... Ohh, and a sandwich thing of course, I mean the world gotta know what you eat!

It would appear that paranoia has spread beyond the US. We're doomed.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Post it on a Facebook, I bet you get lotsa "likes" !

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
A grandfather is a symbol for the wise old man. Listen to him.

Information gathering is taking place at a fever pitch right now. Information is going to be very very valuable as time goes by, even more so than it is now.

They are gathering information as we speak on everything you think, believe, discuss, and even feel. Gun control is a pet project of a particular group and they want Americans' 2A rights removed. They are nudging in that direction. Most Americans have a gut feeling that this is not a good thing, and they would be right.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I've had this feeeling ever since I have been on facebook.

I love reading the forums though and the only subjects I talk about are nutrition help for others and my family's illness on a closed forum.
I need to moan to someone as all my family have it.

Wise grandad.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Post it on a Facebook, I bet you get lotsa "likes" !

Sadly not everyone is as deluded as you, and the CIA isn't watching every little thing at every single time. Enjoy your life and stop being scared of that which is not even there.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Facebook can get you in trouble. I knew a guy that shot someone with an assault rifle and he had posted a pic of himself on fb with said weapon and it was used against him to prove he had one even though the police couldn't find it.

top topics

join