It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Punisher sticker seen on cars in Rochester NY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I wish to God I had taken pics. But I saw multiple cars with the Punisher logo seen around down town Rochester, NY.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ratpunk
I wish to God I had taken pics. But I saw multiple cars with the Punisher logo seen around down town Rochester, NY.

Questions: What is a Punisher Sticker and why is is relevant?

Sorry, I don't mean to be obtuse, but I don't understand the post.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I think he means the Marvel comic dude.
Also so what? people like the punisher...any comic conventions nearby? what do you think it means OP? other than people dig the Punisher?.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ratpunk

My kid used to have a catcher's helmet that had the punisher logo airbrushed on it. I don't think that is real significant.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ratpunk

I have it on a T-Shirt, whats the big deal?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It's a symbol that some private govt. security contractors and some seal teams use for individual ops. Look at just about any Chris kyle pic or just google punisher seal team and you'll find tons of pics.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ratpunk

So. That's no reason to post a thread that doesn't even follow the ATS guidelines. Please. Read the guidelines.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Punisher is my favorite Marvel character, as is obvious by my username. Anyway, I think the op is suggesting that the Punisher logo could be used as a symbol for a terrorist group. I kind of doubt this is happening however. How many cars had the sticker and how close to each other were they?

Edit: I guess it is the Punisher seal team.
edit on 21-4-2013 by punisher97 because: seal team info

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ratpunk

You've got my attention. What type of cars were they?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ratpunk

You can also get them put on the back plate of your glock. Doesn't make me a member of some mercenary group. Unfortunately, Craft International chose an emblem that is popular so it's not that easy to determine if something is related.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I still have a pair of underpants with the Punisher logo on from when i was a young un

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'd take this as little more than the same sentiment which first drove the "No Fear" stickers and logos everywhere, a long time ago. It's changed and morphed meaning a bit, but it started as a generic sign of resistance to those who would cause fear and thrive on it. That's how I'd see it for popping up, anyway...

Of course, there is a deeper nuanced meaning if vigilante action were to start and that symbol appeared in relation to it ...but that's getting into scenarios which have not happened yet. May never happen.

It is kinda catchy though, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Irony switched on -

You know, i was in New york last week, and i saw thousands of taxis with the "I - HEART - NEW YORK" sticker on the bumper....i wish i'd of taken a photo....

Irony switched off.
edit on 21-4-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think the poster is referring to a photo that got round soon after the bombings in Bostn of two "suspicious" men, one who had the punisher skull on his backpack, could be some kind of mark. Could be.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
They were black chevys. Diff states. One was from Pennsylvania. And it was just the logo head. Aka Craft symbol. I have a ton of Punisher comics. It was not a comic symbol. As a former Marine Recon. I am pretty sure they were not comic book heads. The one guy had was white with a high and tight. Like I said l...wish I had a pic. Just giving a heads up.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by iwontrun

A couple of minutes digging and I find this, so yeah, this guy was right to be curious about seeing these cars...

It doesn't really prove anything but nevertheless is an interesting read

www.iknews.de...

Translated:

translate.googleusercontent.com...://www.iknews.d e/2013/04/18/anschlag-von-boston-waren-navy-seals-beteiligt/&usg=ALkJrhg-jJzR-2otODZP0e6zXtlN1k58tQ

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The mayor of Rochester was just arrested.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

It is kinda catchy though, isn't it?

Marvel has many Punisher style skulls, that's my favorite one. I also have it stuck on my back windshield.

The creator of that Punisher symbol threaten to sue the military over it. I think he also changed it to rainbow colors.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

mobile.twitter.com...

RuhRo.

This would be good material for its own thread IMO.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

originally posted by: carewemust

mobile.twitter.com...

RuhRo.

This would be good material for its own thread IMO.

I don't know if it's a big deal, which is why I just added it to an existing thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join