It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI looking for 12 person sleeper cell in Marathon Bombing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

I heard that as well. Separate from the 3 that were arrested in New Bedford, other suspects fleeing the scene, supposedly in Watertown.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
I think I remember hearing something about x-amount of suspects fleeing somewhere between the 2 male 1 female suspects were being mentioned and finding him in the boat. May have just been the 2 males one female suspects....I'm fuzzy on it now.
The source article may be sketchy, but I still think they had help; it's not outlandish to speculate as much. If that is something authorities are considering, they probably wouldn't make it too public, lest possible other suspects freak out and do something or flee once they see their faces on the news.

No I heard the scanner just like 2.1 million others. There were others. 2 guys and a female. Never found out what happened with them

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stussy123

No idea who the 2 males in New Bedford were, but the female was presumably White Hat's girlfriend, as he had attended UMass Dartmouth.

There were reports of others fleeing the scene in Watertown. Probably a mistake, but who knows at this point.
edit on 4/21/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Chances of this info being valid is not worth thinking about...Imagine its true, and the FBI/CIA are tracking the other sleepers....Really nice of a UK tabloid to let them know because nobody else is mentioning this.....pure rubbish IMO.

FYI: If you actually BELIEVE what the MSM is telling you, you are living in a massive state of delusion.

That is a simple FACT.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Gosh, I hate to sound like a nay-sayer, but do you people actually believe that a member of the Saudi ROYAL FAMILY is on the streets, sticking out like a turd in a punch bowl, conducting military operations on American soil with THOUSANDS of people, cameras, and police walking all around him?

"Oh, don't mind me, just your average monarch droppin' bombs on American soil in plain view."

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Gosh, I hate to sound like a nay-sayer, but do you people actually believe that a member of the Saudi ROYAL FAMILY is on the streets, sticking out like a turd in a punch bowl, conducting military operations on American soil with THOUSANDS of people, cameras, and police walking all around him?

"Oh, don't mind me, just your average monarch droppin' bombs on American soil in plain view."

So do you agree that any terrorist on US soil should be droned?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

That was the best post today

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

yay, thanks

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Now a funny thing, It states in The Mirror -

A source close to the investigation said: “We have no doubt the brothers were not acting alone. The devices used to detonate the two bombs were highly sophisticated and not the kind of thing people learn from Google.

However, in the gunbattle where they were supposed to have thrown homemade grenades, the police say they also threw more pressure cooker bombs that they "lighted" before they threw...

A basic fuse that you have to put a match to is not "highly sophisticated" by any means...

And how the hell can you threw a pressure cooker loaded with crap between 20 and 30 metres, they weigh a bloody tonne empty.
edit on 21-4-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

A witness to this (a neighbor on the street where the shootout occurred) saw them attempt to throw the pressure-cooker bomb. He said it was heavy, and the brother only tossed it about 12 way (about 3 meters, then bounced for a meter or so) before it exploded. As it exploded, it shook his house do mush, the pictures fell from the walls.

He even showed the burned an blackened spot in the street near the end of his driveway where it exploded. I saw this on a local station that interviewed him.

NOTE: For clarity, I changed his distance from feet to meters to match the commenter's remarks here.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JdSmith

And this is why we as Americans, will continue to Lose Liberties.

Little Minds.....

Answer me this, those who think like JdSmith.

Do you think these changes will Stop with a GOP POTUS in 2016???

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
...allowing the cops to kick in doors at will. so citizens get acclimated to that kind of intrusion. just one possible motive.

Now, that is just unfair to make that statement. Not ONCE did the police EVER kick down any doors in this case. I even heard them on the radio at the time mentioning, and reinforcing, to ASK the homeowner if they could search the house. Last I checked, that was not equivalent to a GESTAPO tactic.

Also it was a VOLUNTARY shut-in, not Martial Law. There were people traveling on bicycle and foot (on sidewalks but not the streets as they were closed to allow emergency and police vehicles full and speedy travel across the city. There were numerous reports all day of suspicious items that required them to race at high speed through the city. That would have been IMPOSSIBLE if the streets were not closed to civilian traffic. Those walking or biking were stopped and questioned in case one of them happened to be the suspect at large. Once confirmed they were not, they were sent on their way. Sounds like professional and proper police procedure to me.

Please, lets try to DENY IGNORANCE, not embrace it here.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Hmmm.
Sounds like just about every other media outlet.

Sounds like just about every other statement made by the FBI.

We know that top-level elements of the FBI have been dirty since 1993 at a minimum. The FBI was directly involved in 1993 WTC bombing. Specifically, the FBI allowed the homemade explosive device to be built, placed in the WTC and detonated. A half dozen Americans died.

The FBI's informant, a former Egyptian military officer, did not trust his FBI handler and kept recordings of his phone calls. Look it up.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

I heard that as well. Separate from the 3 that were arrested in New Bedford, other suspects fleeing the scene, supposedly in Watertown.

Hey Guys!!
so remember how Glenn Beck has this huge monday ultimatum? okay, well he has leaked the name on his facebook page. The name of the Saudi national is Abdul Rahman Ali Al Harbi.

www.theglobaldispatch.com...

And as you read the link you will find an image for this person which is the same one as Glenn Beck's intial ultimatum statement.

Abdul also has facebook
www.facebook.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
"Writer of various forms of drivel...."

That's under your name.

Know what? Your right!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I am curious how many people show up missing in Watertown after these events.
I keep thinking about the different stories we have heard surrounding the older brother's death. I think he was ran over, as its the only story that I can buy as an explanation for how the younger brother actually escaped. I wonder if the dude who bled out at the hospital was just some dude in the wrong place at the wrong time.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i wouldn't be surprised. From what I can gather is that the authorities were close on the heels of this group and may have prevented an even more catastrophic event from occurring because they spooked the cell.

The cell scattered and then these two went ahead and did something to create a diversion and keep resources tied up while the higher ranked members of the cell escaped to plan even worse attacks

To me it seems obvious that these two were a diversion; It's the only reason why I can think of that they stayed in the area instead of trying to escape, and duking it out with the police.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
i've found a clue that this may be a set up but unable to create a new thread so writing this just to let you know will hopefully be up at 21:00gmt

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

If his last name is Al-Harbi, Yes.
edit on 4/22/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: added quote

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
anyone on here that thinks they shouldn't have told people to stay inside during this crap probably has never been to boston before. it takes about 30-45 minutes to drive down the street (5 minute walk) during traffic hours.

so imagine emergency response vehicles trying to get to the scene with a bunch of people freaking out on roads designed for horses. plus it's not like they forced you to stay inside, i think they lifted the ban around 6 and said go out at your own risk.

also pretty funny, majority of the conspiracy people never leave their house.. if this happened in your city you wouldn't leave you would sit on here posting about it.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
And NOW it begins.
First the dollar, then the Vatican, and finally the Land of the Free(?)
Who'd have thought it possible?
Me, for one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join