It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Boston Like Columbine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I think this article written by Dave Cullen, who wrote the book Columbine, can explain a lot and also show people that everything that happens is not necessarily a government conspiracy. There are sick people in the world, psychologically speaking.

Is Boston Like Columbine

My Twitter feed has been flooded with this theme today: The Tsarnaev brothers seem more like the Columbine killers than al-Qaida.

Maybe. Either, neither, or it could easily be a combination. It’s way too early to know. The first thing I learned covering Columbine all those years was that most of the theories that gain traction this week will be wrong.
But we do have an interesting situation developing with a pair of brothers as suspects: potentially, the classic dyad scenario. Notorious dyad examples include Bonnie and Clyde, Leopold and Loeb, and the D.C. snipers. The dyad tends to be a twisted, particular relationship that plays out very differently than the lone gunman or the terrorist team.

The article goes on to say this

"We don’t even know whether this was a true dyad in the sense of joint planning. For all we know, Dzhokhar (or Tamerlan) learned the contents of the duffel bag only 20 minutes before the attack. His older brother could have asked him to carry the bag for him and drop it over there. Dzhokhar could have suspected a little, a lot, or anything in between. All we know is that they were both there at the scene—and then became fugitives together. What came before is all still conjecture."

I find the part I placed in bold to be particularly interesting. The younger suspect walking with his hat backwards, his face fully in view, without a care in the world. The older brother with his hat on the other way, concealing his face somewhat with sunglasses on, looking a bit suspicious. It seems plausible to me.

Anyway, Cullen makes some excellent points and IMO if he is right on his assessment of these two suspects, we can throw most if not all these conspiracies theories about the bombing out the window.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
"here ...
carry this"

"hey bro ...
why is this pack
weigh 30 to 40 lbs..?"

"Never mind ...
just leave over there
we'll pick it up after the race finishes ..."

really ...

dood was an Total Idiot
if it played out anything like that...
although I doubt it

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Did you even read the article? That is the point. If Cullen is right about on profile for the younger brother, he wouldn't even ask. He would just blindly follow whatever his brother would do. Is a psychological trait in that type of person.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
because you asked nicely
I went back and read the link...

He was a BU student
Had Friends, Was involved in social circles.
Unlike the Columbine Kiddies...

why would he throw this away

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
because you asked nicely
I went back and read the link...

He was a BU student
Had Friends, Was involved in social circles.
Unlike the Columbine Kiddies...

why would he throw this away

He actually went to Dartmouth, not BU and worshiped the ground his brother walked on. He may have had friends, but the point is he worshiped his brother. As one of Dzhokhar's friends stated

I think he was just influenced by his brother to do something he didn’t want to do. He revered his brother, he looked up to him like God, not God, but as like someone very important.”

BTW, I am just posting some alternate theories on the whole situation. I am sick of the same old stale easily proven to be incorrect threads here.

new topics

top topics

join