It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I know this something probably we have all thought of at one point and time in our lives.

I have been doing some reading and watched a few shows like accient alliens, which got me thinking, in the past we as a human race have document mentions of time travelers, for example the latest one is the Charlie Chaplin time traveler talking on the cell phone, but it don't stop there, in the bible you have the Profit Ezekiel talking about his sight which can be inturpitiud as seeing a chanook Helocopter. Or the Myans with the doorway carvered into the face of a mountain which is to be a time portal.

Also we have heard that space travel is a form of time travel or they fold or bend space, use worm holes ect.

I guess we can all find a story related to time travel which I would like to read and hear from you all. So with a two part question next have fun.

1. What other time travelers do we know about.

2. If you could go back in time were would you go and when, you can only take two things with you and what would they be.

Have fun looking foward to what you all have to say on this topic.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 19KTankCommander

You may as well prepare yourself for innumerable 'This has already been discussed on this site a bazillion times' responses.

When I was a new member, I posted a time travel thread and got a lot of them. The topic has apparently been done to death here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Its always good to see what new thoughts are out there and besides I have not seen the threads before, looking for some fresh thoughts on the subject.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I have no problem with you posting it.

In fact, your response to me was very close to my own when faced with 'been done before' replies.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If you start looking into the Philadelphia project the issue of time travel does pop up. It can tend to lead into other projects, but as a core research point there are some physics grounds to start back at Philadelphia. Since then it does become hard to navigate through the mixed stories, but with a better understanding of just what happened that day it might help sift through some of the more recent exaggerations.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
If you start looking into the Philadelphia project the issue of time travel does pop up.
Philadelphia project? Are you referring to the hoax?

Anatomy of a Hoax: The Philadelphia Experiment 50 Years Later

The time travel that is scientifically plausible is portrayed in the Planet of the Apes movie where the astronauts return to a future Earth where they have barely aged. We don't have the technology to do that yet, but we know such a thing could be possible based on relativistic time dilation.

Aside from that, there are lots of other hoaxes about time travel besides the Philadelphia experiment, like the Montauk experiments. Scientists seem to be more open to discussing some speculative possibilities, but backward time travel possibilities are still very speculative.

And yes there are lots of time travel threads already. If OP is looking for "fresh thoughts" it might help if you had searched the existing threads and seen what they had to say, and used that as a basis for putting some "fresh thoughts" in the opening post, to help elicit other "fresh thoughts".
edit on 21-4-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I guess everyone is saying there are alot of threads out there on this topic, did a quick search but have not found anything except mine.

Saying that I guess noone has offered up the part 2 of the question.

#2 if you had the could go back in time what two things would you take and where and when would you go?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19KTankCommander
I guess everyone is saying there are alot of threads out there on this topic, did a quick search but have not found anything except mine.
You must be joking. None of these showed up in your search?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are even threads about the Philadelphia project

Saying that I guess noone has offered up the part 2 of the question.

#2 if you had the could go back in time what two things would you take and where and when would you go?
Not exactly a question relating to science and technology, is it? You posted this thread in the Science and technology forum.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Not possible. You can slow down current time, but you cannot go back further than now. In essence, you are not time traveling, but slowing down your current time perspective. Going back isn't possible at all. This universe won't allow it.

But you can send info/thought backwards, just not physical items...as long as it involves your brain. It's like tuning your intuition into things that will happen that you will perceive. Sounds crazy, which it is by current logic. Simple meditation and thought processes will enable you to hone in on your future thoughts.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty
Not possible. You can slow down current time, but you cannot go back further than now.

I have always heard this but haven't ever seen a link as to why this is so. I would think the opposite would be true

My feeble understanding is that a place in time, and time being a relative term, is nothing but an image of light. If you were accelerating fast enough, yes, you would be observing that one image of light for a longer amount of time- cyclical time that is. Now if you could accelerate to the same speed as that one image of light, you would in essence, stopping time. This is where I 'no comprende'. If you where able to surpass that image, wouldn't you be seeing the previous image of light hence being able to see in the past?

As for the future, that image of light hasn't been conceived yet, so how would you be able to travel into a future? I understand that there's different concepts of time, cyclical, dimensional and physical and without getting to in depth and giving myself a headache, my above understanding takes in effect all three of these concepts.

Thanks in advance for any 'simple understanding' that you may be able to give me - geo

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Here are my answers.

1) We dont KNOW about ANY time travelers for sure. All we have to go on are some interpretations of old mythology and religious texts (the interpretations of which are far from iron clad). That wouldnt be enough to convince an idiot, let alone a person with even the smallest dose of critical thinking skill.

2) I would take the following items. My machete and a map of Nazi Germany, and I would go back in time and skin as many Nazi scum as I could before it either got boring, or I ran out of filth to kill. I would make a hat out of Hitlers stinking, rotting corpse flesh. Lets face it, its Nazis! Its guilt free! Its like zombies, only more of a challenge.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by geo1066

Originally posted by ChuckNasty
Not possible. You can slow down current time, but you cannot go back further than now.

I have always heard this but haven't ever seen a link as to why this is so. I would think the opposite would be true

My feeble understanding is that a place in time, and time being a relative term, is nothing but an image of light. If you were accelerating fast enough, yes, you would be observing that one image of light for a longer amount of time- cyclical time that is. Now if you could accelerate to the same speed as that one image of light, you would in essence, stopping time. This is where I 'no comprende'. If you where able to surpass that image, wouldn't you be seeing the previous image of light hence being able to see in the past?

As for the future, that image of light hasn't been conceived yet, so how would you be able to travel into a future? I understand that there's different concepts of time, cyclical, dimensional and physical and without getting to in depth and giving myself a headache, my above understanding takes in effect all three of these concepts.

Thanks in advance for any 'simple understanding' that you may be able to give me - geo

Hello, I would just like to point out a simple to understand way of telling you why it would be impossible to travel backwards, say a time travel machine was invented today 29/04/2013 how could you travel further back when there was no time travel machine invented then? You could only ever travel back into to the point where you machine was invented... So in the future you could travel backwards but only till 29/04/2013.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Their was a young lady called bright
who traveled much faster than light
she departed one day in a relative way
And returned on the previous night.

sorry could not resist

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

1. What other time travelers do we know about.

Actually we don't know, unless you count some prophets. What if, let's say Nostradamus, wasn't predicting the future , but he was actually a stranded time traveller and was warning people. Or the guy who created the "Illuminati cards" was a T.T.(some are too accurate to be coincidence). I'm not saying they are, it's just an out-there thought. Besides a time traveller would try to be as discrete as possible, in order not to disturbe the timeline.

2. If you could go back in time were would you go and when, you can only take two things with you and what would they be.

Ancient Egypt,Persia, India, Greece and perhaps even before the rise of those civilazations. Also i would love to see some dinos. I love dinos.
Two things: a camera(with batteries) and a notebook.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LocalGenius

See, this is what I don't get so please bear with me -

Now traveling at the speed of light would be that you are basically "freeze framing" that sole image of light patterns which were produced at a specific point in time, which would be considered in 'cyclical time'. Just for definitional purposes 'cyclical time' is a manmade term representing our second by second, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day, etc., concept of the speed of light...
( Here comes my headache! )
...Now presently you have, what could be considered, stopped time. So, if we could 'put the pedal to the metal' so to speak and surpass that pattern of light, wouldn't it stand to reason that the very next pattern of light would be the pattern preceding?
While you're cruising along catching up with each previous pattern of light, you would be seeing the past related to the given point of where you started.
( This is where my thought patterns really get jumbled..)
All the while this is going on, you would be in your own little bubble of cyclical time because you are still producing patterns of light which are now taking off into the neither. This, I would think, would be a separate time line or dimension of time.
Physically you couldn't do this because of our 'properties of physical laws' in relationship to gravity, i.e.- we'd get ripped apart, but .....................(blank)...................

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Hello 19kTankCommander you are sitting on a precarious precipice on the topic of time travel on these parts of the internet. The accepted notion of extraterrestrial travelers existing versus the ridicule associated with time travel on this site is baffling and counterproductive.

If you'd like to talk more about various bits of information that will stoke your interest contact me in u2u and I will be happy to oblige, whether it be curiosity or amusement.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I think I would go back to king Darius's treasure at Memphis (no not the one in the USA) and haul of a load of his gold coins and silver bars, Alexander would not know if I had taken such, no records. By all accounts, there was quite a tonnage of both.Billions in to-days Dollars.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Keep them coming I like to hear people thoughts on the subject but keep to the orginal topic, Don't know where I would go but I would take a computer and a digital camara to record events the way they should be, for example what really happen to Emila Airhart, Jimmy Hoffa, How were the pyramids really built, who made easter island statues and how did they move them.

These are just a few of my thoughts.....Whats yours?
edit on 30-4-2013 by 19KTankCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Who wants to time travel. If their is only one time line. Then you would be able to make changes which could benefit you or some one else. I f there is alternate time lines what you change becomes irelavant, Just depends in what is fact and fiction.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ok I have a theory...

What if what we perceive as time travel, both forward and backwards through time, is really just controlled jumps through correlating dimensions or universes. I like the idea of a multiverse with another you in each different universe. So assuming the multiverse theory is true, could the actual reverse through time, instead of ending up in a previous time in our world, take you to the current time in another universe whose time is previous to ours?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join