It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Announces Military Pay Cuts, Gives $102 Million To Foreign Terror Group

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

The bin Laden family (Arabic: بن لادن‎, bin Lādin), also spelled bin Ladin, is a wealthy family intimately connected with the innermost circles of the Saudi royal family.

Bin_Laden_family

So how US govt react to these facts ?
How did US govt deal with the origin of Al-qaeda ?
And how US govt deal with Saudi family?

Answering those questions will let you remember a pattern that US govt has always been using.

but Obama sends hundreds of millions of dollars over to the Syrian Rebels who are holding hands with Al Qaeda???

Yes , because it is for greater good and it will always be.

And the fact is Obama seemed one of the most peaceful. Romney must had started a war until now , if he was elected.

Peace
edit on 21-4-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

Syria is a mess. One one side small minded dualistic sunni muslim vs a corrupt politician that the other muslims and Christians have to support to not get controlled by the muslim brotherhood.

Syria's population is 45% Sunni Muslim (includes most Arabs and Kurds, and 48% other Muslim religions such as shias and 7% Christian, with a Syrian Jewish community of a few dozen, also there was a small Yazidi population found primarily in the northeast.

It is a genocide waiting to happen at worst or the death of a secularised state if the sunni wins with fundamentalistic forces running the show. Any human who can kill another human based on small difference in view on what "god is" have clearly not understood anything at all about god/Allah/Jehovah="the existing One".

Why can't humanity just stop this insanity and evolve to the next stage of being. Crap some days I cannot stand being on this planet. So much beauty in nature and kindness in some people disturbed by human small minded views and enslavement by economic systems.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The Syrian rebels, the real rebels, long ago were taken over by many terrorist outlets so they are no longer rebels but western backed front men. That said, wasn't the Muslim Brotherhood considered a terrorist group not that long ago but thanks to the Obama administration were taken off of the terror list? Just in time too so we can send them lots of money AND military grade equipment, like tanks and jets.

Isn't it great that these criminals are working out in the open now? And of course the cuts always hurts the people working for the Govt and never the actual Govt, for example, why not cut some foreign aid, overseas bases, and or wars/conflicts? Are we aware how much it costs just to provide air conditioning for the military in the Middle East each year, hell monthly? But lets instead go with pay cuts and also cut all Tuition Assistance to the military members first....
edit on 21-4-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I think the biggest question here is....Once the West has successfully helped the FSA scumbags murder Assad and throw another previously stable nation into a state of perpetual unrest and chaos (Egypt and Libya are fine examples of how "brilliant" this strategy has been") who comes next?

I'm beyond thinking it ends here. Of course it doesn't. So who is the next that MUST die? Is it the President of Lebanon? Perhaps Turkey will suddenly be seen as 'too vicious to be allowed to live'? After all, they've strafed and shot up civilians while chasing the PKK terrorists across Northern Iraq. I can see a case being made for the public there. The MEK in Iran is an easy choice and I'm sure they will be a focus to help murder the Ayatollah himself at some stage of thie insane "reshaping" of the whole world to a Western Friendly image.

In 1999, the term "Preemptive War" may well have led to calls of "Preemptive impeachment" and I'm not even kidding. I'll imagine you've been around long enough to recall that as well. Now? It's just the pubic asking for 'enough' proof to justify the killing of innocent and guilty alike to steal a whole nation from it's population and hand to "more worthy" leaders.....we've hand chosen in advance, of course.

This is the ugly and evil crap the United States used to merely be ACCUSED of ....now we actually earn every lousy accusation as we're actually DOING it. So indeed...While we GUT our own military force and prop up the worst of the armed forces around the world?

Who must die after Assad is murdered? Is isn't IF another must die ...but who they've already chosen and failed to mention yet.

edit on 21-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I see that you took away nothing from my post. Convoluting my statements, confusing demographics with socio-economic status and making claims that have zero veracity.

Clearly, you have no idea what happens in the military regarding crime rates. Individuals serving on active duty commit crime at a rate far lower than society at large while returning veterans might have a slightly higher rate for some crimes than is the norm.

How many years did you serve BTW?

You have no sources to cite regarding "cover-ups" of crime in the military. It briefs well and sounds sensational but the facts are there is no evidence to support in institutional level cover-up of crime statistics for military personnel.

Not going to derail this thread further - obviously you are comfortable in your uninformed perceptions of the military and those who serve in it.

edit on 21/4/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

How the hell can they openly admit that terrorists are operating in Syria yet send them all this money

The same way they fight the War on Drugs by giving drug lords guns.

Nothing makes sense anymore. I just wish I'd quit trying to make sense of it because I feel like it's a losing battle. I'm starting to believe that politicians are by far the worst problem solvers and decision-makers on the planet. It's as though they believe it's their job to create more problems.

edit on 21-4-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Thanks for this post, right now our local base government workers are facing the cuts of Obama administration for the year as salaries has been cuts, this hits my family close because my husband while a contracting agent we felt the wave of the first cut back last June when it started, my husband was unemployed for the first time in his working life for 4 months, thankfully we was able to get another job with under another contractor

People that do not work with the government and within the government have no idea how affected are millions of working families because of this, let no forget the hundred of thousand that have lost their jobs.

The worst the big slap on the face of the unemployed in America when the government give away tax payer dollars for foreign briberies to support middle eastern terrorism, because most of the rebels and countries to benefit from the give away of tax dollars in the name of foreign aid are nothing but sponsors of terrorism

The irony and the hypocrisy.

edit on 21-4-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Thanks for this post, right now our local base government workers are facing the cuts of Obama administration for the year as salaries has been cuts, this hits my family close because my husband while a contracting agent we felt the wave of the first cut back last June when it started, my husband was unemployed for the first time in his working life for 4 months, thankfully we was able to another job with another under another contractor

People that do not work with the government and within the government have no idea how affected are millions of working families because of this, let no forget the hundred of thousand that have lost their jobs.

The worst the big slap on the face of the unemployed in America when the government give away tax payer dollars for foreign briberies to support middle easter terrorism, because most of the rebels and countries to benefit from the give away of tax dollars in the name of foreign aid are nothing but sponsors of terrorism

Well I remember YOU in particular, around the time of the election, defending Obama and demonizing anyone that spoke up against him, and badmouthing the Republican hopefuls.
So I hope you've learned your lesson and are woman enough to say you were wrong!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have come across conservatives who fail to see that this exactly what it means when you ask to cut back
government spending. Military is essentially a militarized portion of the public sector, not a whole lot different from
a teacher or a firefighter. All of these things are paid for with tax revenue that is "stollen" from tax payer.

As far as funding terror groups, that is the way of international politics, it has been this way for over a century.
America always backs the forces that they think they can control, it is cheeper than going into open war.
I would like any ATS member to post the name of a modern president who hasn't funded oppositional forces
and then we can talk about how exceptionally evil Obama is.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

Thanks for this post, right now our local base government workers are facing the cuts of Obama administration for the year as salaries has been cuts, this hits my family close because my husband while a contracting agent we felt the wave of the first cut back last June when it started, my husband was unemployed for the first time in his working life for 4 months, thankfully we was able to another job with another under another contractor

The worst the big slap on the face of the unemployed in America when the government give away tax payer dollars for foreign briberies to support middle easter terrorism, because most of the rebels and countries to benefit from the give away of tax dollars in the name of foreign aid are nothing but sponsors of terrorism

Well I remember YOU in particular, around the time of the election, defending Obama and demonizing anyone that spoke up against him, and badmouthing the Republican hopefuls.
So I hope you've learned your lesson and are woman enough to say you were wrong!

The Republicans are the ones who have been pressing for austerity, I hope you are smart enough to recognize
your cognitive dissonance.

Paul Ryan himself, proposing military cuts...

Thanks
online.wsj.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cholo

I would like any ATS member to post the name of a modern president who hasn't funded oppositional forces

So basically, you need someone to do the work in finding other behavior to qualify, justify and put Obama's behavior into the "proper" context before discussing the fact that what the current and former Secretary's of State have pursued in the Middle East is short sighted and wrong?

Well heck.. I'll make this easy by saying Bush was wrong, Clinton was misguided, Bush Sr. started this all and Reagan laid the foundation which made those first steps possible. (Carter marched to the beat of his own drummer and Ford was tail ending the Vietnam years....need we go further?)

Now that we're settled the fact that NO ONE on EITHER side is without blame, can we return to the focus of the actions of the men currently IN power and still making decisions on a daily basis rather than looking behind us while walking right into a brick wall for lack of seeing it?

It's not history we need to be concerned with beyond getting the records of it straight for future generations to understand. It's the CURRENT actions as they are still developing and making things worse, every day which passes.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I think the biggest question here is....Once the West has successfully helped the FSA scumbags murder Assad and throw another previously stable nation into a state of perpetual unrest and chaos (Egypt and Libya are fine examples of how "brilliant" this strategy has been") who comes next?

I'm beyond thinking it ends here. Of course it doesn't. So who is the next that MUST die? Is it the President of Lebanon? Perhaps Turkey will suddenly be seen as 'too vicious to be allowed to live'? After all, they've strafed and shot up civilians while chasing the PKK terrorists across Northern Iraq. I can see a case being made for the public there. The MEK in Iran is an easy choice and I'm sure they will be a focus to help murder the Ayatollah himself at some stage of thie insane "reshaping" of the whole world to a Western Friendly image.

In 1999, the term "Preemptive War" may well have led to calls of "Preemptive impeachment" and I'm not even kidding. I'll imagine you've been around long enough to recall that as well. Now? It's just the pubic asking for 'enough' proof to justify the killing of innocent and guilty alike to steal a whole nation from it's population and hand to "more worthy" leaders.....we've hand chosen in advance, of course.

This is the ugly and evil crap the United States used to merely be ACCUSED of ....now we actually earn every lousy accusation as we're actually DOING it. So indeed...While we GUT our own military force and prop up the worst of the armed forces around the world?

Who must die after Assad is murdered? Is isn't IF another must die ...but who they've already chosen and failed to mention yet.

edit on 21-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

So are you trying to imply that Assad is a peaceful and righteous ruler of men?

America is attempting to let the forces of modernity extinguish the stagnant climate that allows for dictators
and mid-evil zealots. Islamo Fascism cannot be marginalized until the people can experience the power of
democratic principles, and that cannot happen until the dictators are ousted. The Muslim world will eventually
chose western culture because the youth are tired of being oppressed by fanatics. When the teenagers of today
take over Syria and Egypt, we will see the region finally join the ranks of the world community and not just be some defunct land for terrorists and despots.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cholo

How does what the Repubs do make it ok for Obama to send millions over seas when this country has a negative cash flow?
go drink more koolaid son...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Sorry, but you are mistaken, if you can find the post in which I posted such things, please be my guess and bring it on.

Never have I defended Obama since he is been president.

So I dare you to find that particular post and prove me wrong.

edit on 21-4-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

So it's OK to judge the US military based on the actions of a few, but it's wrong to do that to muslims?

Yep, not a bit biased there.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cholo

While Republicrats are been pressing for Austerity, I can only remember another time when Austerity was imposed on the military and that was back when my husband was an active duty in the Marine corps during the early 90s.

Under the Democraps. But you can prove me wrong.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by cholo

So basically, you need someone to do the work in finding other behavior to qualify, justify and put Obama's behavior into the "proper" context before discussing the fact that what the current and former Secretary's of State have pursued in the Middle East is short sighted and wrong?

I am not sure if it is wrong yet, things are still in play. The Middle East is either gonna modernize or turn into an
Islamist paradise. But none of it will be seen until the dictators are out. This is the game America has played
for a long time, in South America, Africa and South east Asia.

Well heck.. I'll make this easy by saying Bush was wrong, Clinton was misguided, Bush Sr. started this all and Reagan laid the foundation which made those first steps possible. (Carter marched to the beat of his own drummer and Ford was tail ending the Vietnam years....need we go further?)

Now that we're settled the fact that NO ONE on EITHER side is without blame, can we return to the focus of the actions of the men currently IN power and still making decisions on a daily basis rather than looking behind us while walking right into a brick wall for lack of seeing it?

Which brick wall? You haven't seen what the future of Syria has to hold...

It's not history we need to be concerned with beyond getting the records of it straight for future generations to understand. It's the CURRENT actions as they are still developing and making things worse, every day which passes.

I tend to hold history in higher esteem than you apparently. The current actions have yet to pan out, so I am
not sure how you can state that things are getting worse each day. The lot of dictator puppets that are camped out in the middle east are part of the reason there is state sponsored terror. I am guessing that policy makers
are hoping that the CURRENT people in the Middle East will chose Western culture, which is not very compatible
with suicide bombers, Sharia and the like.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
reply to post by cholo

How does what the Repubs do make it ok for Obama to send millions over seas when this country has a negative cash flow?
go drink more koolaid son...

Well first of all, the Republicans are the ones asking to cut government spending and the military is funded
by the government. If you are not so keen with the actually implementation of conservative ideology maybe you
should rethink your stance.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

reply to post by cholo

While Republicrats are been pressing for Austerity, I can only remember another time when Austerity was imposed on the military and that was back when my husband was an active duty in the Marine corps during the early 90s.

Under the Democraps. But you can prove me wrong.

So do you want to cut government spending or not?

That absolutely brilliant part of this is that Obama, the communist Muslim is ACTUALLY trying to cut government spending. You do know that the American military is funded with tax payer revenue?

I will remind you that America could blow up the Earth single handedly several times over, why can't we
cut the military if we are going to cut benefits for seniors, teachers and even retarded people? Last I
checked our school system and health care system are NOT #1 like are military, so what constitutes
the difference?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cholo

why do you avoid the subject about sending millions over seas when the money is needed within the US?
Oh yeah...because you can't defend it! I swear, you Hispanics are really stubborn, must be the "macho man" in you.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cholo

Is not going to happen, why? because Islam and Islamic law will never be eradicated in the middle east, religion and fundamentalism rules in the middle east.

While Afghanistan always been a fundamentalist Islamic state US invasion have not changed anything, but Iraq that was more open when it came to religion under Saddam now is totally fundamentalist.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join