posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:42 AM
reply to post by tothetenthpower
I know it is nearly impossible but a member participating in the thread made a recap.
Please remove if it is not according to T and C but im talking about this post that was posted during the events. I can imagen a lot of readers and
participants were glad to read it.
Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
Here is a recap on all the events, so as to stop the confusion:
1. MIT police officer shot dead
2. Police respond to MIT shooting, suspects still at large
3. Unconfirmed reports of explosion at MIT, by ATS member on skype with friend at scene. !!!unconfirmed!!!
4. Male carjacked at gunpoint in black mercedes, by two, "short" middle eastern men, who held him hostage for half hour, whilst driving around
5. Middle Eastern Males talked about going to New York City, before they released the carjacking victim, who rang police
6. Car spotted at a Gas Station, where suspects sped off at speed
7. Police pursuit of vehicle
8. Suspects fire and throw "explosives" at police from Mercedes
9. Something happens (unclear) and suspects ditch Mercedes and make off in State Police SUV
10. Officer heard screaming on scanner that suspects were throwing explosives at him (lots of gunfire heard in background)
11. Suspects leave SUV and gain control over a black Camaro somehow (unclear as to how)
12. Suspects leave Camaro in Watertown on foot
13. One suspect shot and transported to MG hospital
14. 2nd suspect evades police
15. Police locate him, but are called off by OC, due to explosive packages strew in different places "Retreat retreat" was heard over the scanner
16. Police corner a suspect (white male shown on news pictures), and make him lie on the ground and strip
17. White male was just caught in the whole situation and is freed
18. 2nd Suspect still remains at large.
The main reason I was talking about mods is that we don't get 300 pages of updates. But i clearly understand the work the mods are doing beside the
personal feelings they have as every other participants.
So maybe an side thread, like an update thread would be better or more easy to devolp. In those threads only members with a new status "updater" or
"recapper" can post in them and their posts could be having a prolonged duration of edits as long as the happening is ongoing. (Its like some
"writer" threads wherein only writers can participate.
It should have been closed not long after suspect two was captured as example for the MIT shooting thread.
As I see it now, my OP was just a brainstorm, the OP of the update thread could be the recap as AmatuerSkyWatcher did (with or without links to the
according pages, hardcore theorist always have sources of where the information is from especially when they are summerizing realtime events) and post
two could be all the proposed links of scanners and live video streams.
I kind of like the idea of members having the status "real-time recapper" you first need to earn it. Automated updates sound logical but the problem
as I see it is that without artificial intelligence the process woukd not make a difference between recaps of scanners and Iran/Israel/N.K. did it.
A recapper should be able to do that, although it is very hard not to mention personal believes and/or feelings in it that is why you should earn the
Imo it would enhance the information experience on ATS with realtime events. It was just just because AmatuerSkyWatcher gave that recap that was
appriciated by a lot of members/readers. And imo it was brilliant that he/she took the time in such an event to do that.