It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparent lack of ammo in connecticut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I have a 22 marlin semi automatic. I went to get some ammo and couldn't find any in my area. Walmart, Dicks sporting goods and the local gun shops had none. They said they didn't have any for months. The walmart store had 8 boxes of 20 gauge ammo and thats it. I asked when they expected to get more they said they didn't know and they got no response from ammo companies. A guy in the sterling gun shop said it was cause of a government restriction put on ammo. I don't know if this is just CT but I did find some in RI at big bear gun shop. They only would sell 2 - 50 round boxes at a time.
Anyone else seem to have a problem?
P.S. I live in northeast CT
edit on 21-4-2013 by jlafleur02 because: area

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Theres been plenty of threads on various ammo shortages and its down to a few different things such as people buying more guns so they need something to feed em with, people hoarding more than they really need, people trying to resell on for profit etc

The best trick is to find out the date/time they get the delivery and be there ready to join the line as a lot of places are only doing 3 boxes per person (so get a friend to join the line who doesn't want the ammo as well
)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

The big companies are just not producing, 22's primers, powder.
All of the rest is in full swing except the real needed parts.
It seems there is a vacuum and nothing to fill it, hmmmm how does that work?
Seems like an awesome business opportunity to me.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
We are tapped out in Mass too. And I went to Maine for a day trip and they had nothing for pistol ammo and only 30-06 for rifle.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

It makes sense they are not producing them. They are really cheap. I spent 5$ per box of 50. The gun store owner said he can't keep your basic 12 gauge and other home protectoin style guns on the shelf. I inquired about a Maverick 88 shotgun and couldn't even order one as he said they don't know if they are getting any. I left my number and he would call if they come in. Amazing how gun voilence blown up by the media creates a huge surge for the public to get guns

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
No offense, but this has been going on for about 5 months now...

Your a little late to the game lol.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You can buy ammo now (at regular prices) if you know where to watch. I got 5.56 this week. And if you don't care about price, just about everything is and has been available.

During this period, the chains have been the worst places to try. Local to me, gun stores are back in stock on carbines including AR's, at their regular (below msrp) prices and ammo seems to be coming in much greater quantities now too.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
As others have said, its been a problem nationwide for months. I live in rural Arkansas, of all places, and aside from shotgun shells and a few obscure rifle calibers, there's very little ammunition on the shelves here, either. Unfortunately, your choice of 22LR is basically an extinct species in the wild everywhere right now. You can still find ammunition online, though...if you're willing to pay for it.

I really hope these ammunition manufacturers take the hint and expand their production facilities this time. You'd think they'd have been better prepared for this given the shortage a few years back.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Every story I've read on it seems to indicate it will be more back to normal by the end of this year. Until then, you may want to check into traveling gun shows or get ammo online. Me, I'd rather buy bulk ammo in cash, but you have to expect to pay more for it due to the shortage. Supply and demand. At least .22 ammo is normally not too bad in price, but it is also the most common, so the most often out.
edit on 22-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
no 22 in montana either you can find it online for like 75$ for 500(which used to be 20 in town 5 months ago) but 22 seems to be scarce everywhere unless you wanna pay through the nose for it

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Nothing much here in my area either
.22 about 75.00 for 500 rds. .223 about 1.05 a round...IF you can find it that is

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Visited a few places here in Michigan in the last 2 weeks. no problem finding 22lr bought a couple of bricks for $49 I think it was. No pistol rounds but ask for the same thing for a rifle if you can. 7 mag or 12 gage no problem but 12 gage is real high.

top topics

join