It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Shutdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Has any agency or authority every tried to get ATS shut down?

I just wonder since ATS hosts such a plethora of collective info & news, real time. Never did I think I'd be listening to a police scanner and how far ahead the news is happened until it shows up on the AP, MSM & search engines.

I do hope ATS is around for as long as humanity is.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I know they shut themselves down last night, right when things were getting interesting on that scanner thread. I wasn't to pleased about that.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

No we didn't, that thread continued (and is still continuing) all night long. Nor have we ever been "shut down" by any authority.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Why would they even try...It's all Freedom of speech

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
But you were under DDOS attack last week weren't you?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Pressing The Attack

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
But you were under DDOS attack last week weren't you?

As best I can tell, that appears to be part of the much wider WordPress DDoS attack, though that's admittedly speculation on my part.

I haven't seen any evidence that ATS is under attack by a government agency, though that doesn't mean they couldn't use surrogates and proxies if they wanted to.

But I also don't know of any reasons why a government would want to shut us down. While many of our members are well-known for freely criticizing governments, nothing we do here is illegal and we don't threaten anyone.

That doesn't mean would-be tyrants wouldn't target us anyway if they considered us a nuisance, but so far, I don't think it's come to that.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I thought this thread would be about the CISPA blackout protest tomorrow.

Will ATS be participating in it? Or like last time, the scary cover page before you can get to where you are going?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I asked my supervisor. He/She said ATS is too kook-fringe to worry about, tho it might be used to disseminate false info.

...or am I bluffing?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The owners wives are the only ones that have that kind of power to shut it down.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

I'd say bluffing. If your username is accurate then your need to know would depend upon position. Even if you were at the top of the food chain, Cybercommand and the NSA both have their own programs that the DHS need to know may not give them access to.

On specific topic, I imagine that ATS is categorized as "social networking" by the watchdogs. Judging by the behavior of other Governments in recent history, it would only face attack from the Government in the event of extreme civil unrest or uprising. Just my opinion though.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

Less than bluffing, it's not even in the realm of reality.

S...

new topics

top topics

join