It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Were Bostonians Able To Decline Searches?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Does anyone know if the folks in Boston were able to decline searches to their property during the man hunt for the alleged bomber? What happened if you simply didn't answer the door? Hopefully someone from the Watertown area can answer if their 4th amendment rights were respected. Personally if I saw a group of heavily armed persons on my door step I would be disinclined to allow them entry to my home. If they don't have a warrant they aren't coming inside my property.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I wondered that myself. You know someone did.
I also wondered how many people where arrested for other things a LEO might have seen as they walked through peoples homes. Drug paraphernalia, unlicensed guns, etc.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Good question.

Did people just hand over their rights to privacy out of fear or did they have the balls to refuse entry and invasion of their property, rights and freedom?

Let's see what the answer is...
Personally I am VERY interested in this thread more so than the other 1,000.

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

I have read that there was one instance of a homeowner who declined to have his home searched but I havent taken the time to do a web search to see if I could find a source for this claim.

Fellow ATS blood hounds will find the source.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I too would like to know if anyone stood up and said no.

IIRC, people's homes were searched without warrants and guns were seized after Katrina.
edit on 21-4-2013 by Aisling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

What could they do or say if you declined?

There was no probable cause, and nothing they could do.

It was a blatant violation of civil rights.

Though I suspect most complied because sheeple are too dumb to know if a stranger was in their house or not.

very sad really.

The real question will be, how many are going to be charged later for things they saw during this?

top topics

join