It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with cooperation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Why is it wrong to cooperate with authorities when they ask you to remain in your home while they are in search of a suspected bomber?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

What is wrong with cooperation?

Let me be the first to say, Nothing; nothing is wrong with cooperating with a system that we have put in to place to perform a function.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

It is not.

It you choose to stay indoors at their request then I think you are doing the right thing.

If they order you to stay indoors then do the opposite and flood the streets.

It should always be at your choice. The moment it becomes an order then it is wrong.

P

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I'm not sure but maybe one wounded nineteen year old boy doesn't require a major city on lockdown with it's streets full of heavily armed soldiers

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

So, it is the word "order," that is stuck in your craw? If a police officer orders you to move your car at an intersection, would you have a problem?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

What if the nineteen year old boy had more explosives?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Nah. Just a couple of mall cops would have done.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
These situations do cause a lot of disruption to daily life, What if you needed to drop of some medication to Aunt Betty? Have the kids been picked up from school or where ever they are? What are you suppose to do as the city is on lock down and that job you where suppose to do gets put on hold and their goes your profit for the week?

These kind of actions do cause a lot of community disruptions as a greater security force and presence is used. A risk assessment between the effects of community lock down and engaging the threat can help in determining a responsible level of assertiveness.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Well stated...If an order does go out for curfew or the like, then those issuing/subject to the order should be prepared for these types of contingencies...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey

So, it is the word "order," that is stuck in your craw? If a police officer orders you to move your car at an intersection, would you have a problem?

Yes I would. He can bloody well say please Sir and be polite. Otherwise he can take a running leap up his own butt. I am really sick and tired of Police, City workers, Govt. employees who think they can order you around! We don't live in a totalitarian state ................ yet!

P

edit on 20/4/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Was the entire city of Boston on lockdown - or just the nieghborhoods where the shoot-out took place?

It just makes sense if it was the nieghborhood. Do you want your kid walking to school with an armed shooter on the loose?

If it was the entire city - and suburbs - how can they even enforce that?

I'm a nurse - does that mean I couldn't go to work at 11 p.m.?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It sounds to me as if you wish to be totalitarian in your disobedience to structure...the viewpoint that an order is an act of a totalitarian mindset strikes me as narrow minded, jaded, judgmental, and one sided...
ETA: Either the people placed in these positions have the authority granted them according to societal mores or they do not...
edit on 21-4-2013 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Rule of Law

What Law gives the Police the ability to lockdown a section of a city?

How will they enforce it? There are many people who do not listen to the MSM. How are they supposed to find out about it? How long can they enforce it?

Do you know any of these answers?

If you want to meekly do as you are told then go right ahead, that is your right.

P

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

By default, when through elections, we elect sheriffs and other officials, they are endowed with power to uphold the law.

If they break the law, while performing the duties of their office, then they can be held accountable.

If you believe that instituting martial law is against the law, then you are sorely mistaken.

new topics

top topics

join