It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU: Denying Miranda rights to marathon bombing suspect is 'un-American'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

This was exactly one of the points to my thread:

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Wanted: Captain Kirk, For Domestic Terrorism And Sedition

"These words... must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing."

In the same breath you tout freedom for everyone, while you continue to create and impliment policies of invasion, occupation, secret detention and torture under the auspices of spreading the good news of "life, liberty, and justice for all".

While here at home you try with all your might to justify the actions against your own people as being for our safety and security.

You say to the Constitutionalists: "You are domestic terrorists".

You incrementally strip away the Bill Of Rights, that which gives us our safety and security - the rights you claim your global agenda is in place to promote.

"We The People". "These words were not meant for chiefs, but for everyone."

Justice... Common Welfare... Liberty... Freedom.

These things have to be more than just words.
And they have to apply to everyone.
Or they mean nothing,

Wanted: Captain Kirk, For Domestic Terrorism And Sedition
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by this_is_who_we_are
started 12/29/2011 @ 04:22 AM

edit on 4/21/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

1. Who the heck are the IRA, are they an organisation that the current terrorist that slaughtered innocents and maimed many in Boston a part of them?

Stick to the facts. If you try to misled and use history, do you want me to go all the way back to Cain and Abel to justify butt kissing to terrorists such as what you are doing?

2. CIA comes under the purview of the Senate Oversight Committee in the Republic of USA. Any irresponsibility by CIA is under the jurisidiction of national security with regards to geo-political situations that you and I, ordinary laymen, have not even the slightest idea of what is going on except the fact that we DO NOT live in a disneyland world for sure.

We elect the senators, and it is we whom are accountable for our votes, and responsible for their doings while in Congress.

Are your unsubstantiated accusations verified and the accused charged in court? None. So do stick with the facts and spare me your opinions. Even a monkey can give an opinion when it is hungry, scream and shout for a banana.

3. The UN Human Rights Commission are LONG known as a joke. It only incriminates the good guys for they are easier to hold accountable than the bad guys. Evidence - Had the North Korean Regime ever been held accountable for screwing with mankind by clandestinely created nukes, and more critically brought to justice before ICC?

Had the HumanSlayer Assad been brought to justice before ICC for his blatant bombings of civilian populations in Syria over 2 YEARS?

Had ANY of the terrorist organisations around our world EVER been brought to ICC by that devil riddled 'Human Rights' organisation for their treatment of captives and the outright SLAUGTHER of innocent humans?

I can go on. If you want back up to your claims that US had broken 'international laws', then please, use someone else then that utterly irresponsible, stupid and devil riddled organisation that the fool Pillay is heading. It had won no human trust except by fools.

4. You claim the President has a supposedly 'framework' that authorizes him to kill anyone he wish. Opinion or fact? Show EVIDENCE if it is a fact, and not some Alex Jones insane greedy money profitting scheme to yet again fool the gulliable.

The ONLY bigotry that exist on this site came from you, for you cared more about sympathizing with terrorists, those who freely KILL and MAIM innocent men, women and children using COMPASSIONATE HUMAN LAWS to prevent those animals from receiving the deserved justice they should be served with. Again, I ask you to stick to the facts, and do not try to wheedle your way out through more BS.

'All men are created equal', so said the founding fathers and the current day ignorant CONSTITUTION FUNDAMENTALIST.

If we stick to such lofty thought, we would not need prisons or give out life sentences. Terrorists are not ordinary pickpockets or 2nd degree murderers whom have remorse and can be rehabilitated.. Terrorists are those whom INTENDS to kill and kill and be killed. These are not humans,

Their minds are far too warped to be treated as humans and thus, if mankind is wise and NOT be misled by terrorist sympathizers and ignorant filled constitution fundamentalists, terrorists will have to be treated differently - with contempt and no mercy in the return for their lack of mercy and compassion for us.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
So let me get this right, anything you don't agree with can be ignored?
You've pretty much proven my case for me right there

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
from what I understand they are exercising their right to negate or postpone the Miranda rights due to severe circumstances , what's the big deal?
Sometimes things are not of the norm and have to be tweaked , it's not as if they're making something up on the spot , this is an option that was available for a reason.
This doesn't happen everyday here ,Thank God , if it did do you honestly think they'd choose to exact this rare action then? NO..we wouldn't. Plain and simple , and in my opinion ,this is too widespread and too many pieces to be a false flag or a calculated plan , geez , some of you are getting ridiculous.
He has been given a public defender , he HAS TO BE SEDATED for his own welfare so reading the Miranda is sort of moot at this point , don't you think he should be conscious for it?? If they read it now you people would be crying BUT HE WAS UNCONSCIOUS SO IT DOESN'T COUNT!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Originally posted by gladtobehere
For those of you who believe in a nation of just laws, rights inherent to everyone which are supposed to be protected by the Constitution, what say you?

Is the bombing suspect "entitled" to his well, rights?

Absolutely! He is entitled to his rights. He HAS the right to remain silent. He can still exercise that right. Question is, how far will our current authorities go in "convincing" him to forgo that right?

In Bush's day, we know how far they went.

But I feel strongly that withholding his Miranda rights is a breach of justice.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
So let me get this right, anything you don't agree with can be ignored?
You've pretty much proven my case for me right there

Fine by me, regardless if you ignore or chosed to respond with one liners to clarify yourself, or think you had vindicated your terrorist sympathizing ways..

You had your say, and I had mine, and now, on ATS, it is for the readers to judge, not you or your supporters alone. ATS has a high readership, and it for them that ATS exists, to help them form their own opinions and reaction to events in their daily lives, if they wish to.

Have a nice day.
edit on 21-4-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Well to be honest I think you're attributing a bit too much importance to the inane rambling we're both putting forward, sure the rest of the site couldn't give two hoots one way or the other

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

It is downright rude and against TOS to get personal and to call me stupid. When you have to resort to name calling it doesn't help your argument.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have mine and you have yours so there is no need to waste forum space arguing about it.

Interesting fact here for you all. If tried in court, he is more likely to die than if treated like a combatant. In fact I think all American mass murderers tried in US court get the chair. Snap crackle pop, justice is served. So maybe a US Federal court would be best afterall. Whoop whoop!

edit on 21-4-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
And please don't let there be others. You people that oppose his Miranda rights would be shaking in your boots.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

To be fair... its kinda stupid wanting to strip someone of any rights and want that someone to "fry on the electric chair" when you actually dont know if that person is guilty or not.

All you have is some very loose ... well I wont even call it "evidence" since... what do you have anyway? A video of a kid passing in front of a camera that in fact shows a backpack that doesnt even fit the description of the backpack remains on the photos?

Those pre-blast photos show about 20 guys with backpacks way closer to the ones used and that look way more suspicious than the kid.

Listen, if they find real conclusive evidence, sure fry him, kill him, cook him, you can even eat him for all I care... but until then, and specially with evidence as ridiculous as this, he remains innocent and he has the same rights as you or me; for one is innocent until proven guilty, and not the other way around.

So I dont think its fair or intelligent to make savage and bloodlusty remarks like yours and our self-righteous friend moderator-wanna-be seekerofwhatever over there, until the story is straighten out.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
That was quick. Terrorist sympathizers are already out in force.

Fools!

Terrorists and their lapdog supporters hide amongst us, respect no human laws, kill and maim as they wish, and yet expect us mankind to threat these wild beasts with human laws and compassion??

How more stupid does mankind wanna be, after being made total fool of for decades?

....sigh.....

I see. You want to go down to their level. You want to respect no human laws, torture and imprison as you wish, and yet expect the people to be silent toward this particular aspect of the same wild beast, and ignore laws to suit your purpose.

No wonder people think Americans are hypocrites. Can't even follow their own rules.

....sigh....

P.S. This person is a suspect. Nothing has been proven that is relevant. He has been tried in the court of mob rule. Do you think that is a quality to be proud of? Utterly laughable how people allow themselves to be lead by the collar.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
To those saying treat a human like an animal with no rights, I ask, do you know who was saying this exact thing about their little "terrorist" problem in Germany circa 1933-45?
Link for educational materials from Wiki.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
How hard is this? Law enforcement have apprehended a person 'suspected' of committing premeditated murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Read him his rights and book him. If you can't make the case he walks. The alleged crimes the suspect committed occurred in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Why do something really stupid and get the feral government involved. There are no national security issues involved. Why make this more difficult than it has to be. Three counts of murder and conspiracy to commit murder should be enough to get a conviction, and a minimum of three life sentences. Easy-Peasy !

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
Considering that Thomas Jefferson shot a man for treason on the white house law - I'd say that terrorist is lucky, or maybe not considering what life he will have in federal prison for life as a traitor to his country.

Your right. This boy received his citizenship on Sept 11, 2012.

And then turned around and bombed a city, THEN, murdered a cop, led police on a wild chase shooting and throwing explosives - all in the name of extremest Muslim views.

Yes he was an American. An American traitor.

Cirque

That still needs to be proven in a court of law.

Its people like you that incite lynch mob memtality.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

It's all about the 'E Plab Nista' ! But, seriously, if you are going to be going after 'The Kirk, The Creator', you could probably get him for sexual harassment and conspiracy to commit bad acting!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
That was quick. Terrorist sympathizers are already out in force.

Fools!

Terrorists and their lapdog supporters hide amongst us, respect no human laws, kill and maim as they wish, and yet expect us mankind to threat these wild beasts with human laws and compassion??

How more stupid does mankind wanna be, after being made total fool of for decades?

....sigh.....

If you knew anything about America it is supposed to be a nation of law. As a citizen this suspect has rights that shouldn't be violated no matter what he is suspected of doing.

And as much as I have seen you supporting the terrorist nation of Israel you have no place calling other people fools.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
If you knew anything about America it is supposed to be a nation of law. As a citizen this suspect has rights that shouldn't be violated no matter what he is suspected of doing.

It is refreshing to see someone else who believes in the principles of our government.

Which is most troubling is that in the case of White Hat Guy who IS an American citizen and has simply been accused of committing a crime; he has not been convicted and, frankly, the public has not been shown any evidence that implicates him in this crime yet so many are so willing to act with a lynch mob mentality and be judge, jury and executioner without any proof of guilt.

Do I believe that he is likely a part of the crime? Yes.
Have I seen proof of his guilt? No.
If on a jury based on what we know now would I find him guilty? No.
As an American citizen is he entitled to due process? You're god damn right he is.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

And as much as I have seen you supporting the terrorist nation of Israel you have no place calling other people fools.

I know you are a Iranian apostate Khamenei lover, but do you need to bring in Israel onto this topic, and worst, call a sovereign independent nation as a terrorist state? And you have the CHEEK to teach me about law and to claim that even suspects have rights when you freely accused and condemn Israel?

But i am glad you respond to my post. Goes to show indeed fools exists.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202

It is refreshing to see someone else who believes in the principles of our government.

Which is most troubling is that in the case of White Hat Guy who IS an American citizen and has simply been accused of committing a crime; he has not been convicted and, frankly, the public has not been shown any evidence that implicates him in this crime yet so many are so willing to act with a lynch mob mentality and be judge, jury and executioner without any proof of guilt.

As an American citizen is he entitled to due process? You're god damn right he is.

May the terrorist sympathizers end their BS. 10 bloody years of being conned into believing mollycoodling those animals would end terrorism had only now shown us the reality of our foolishness and abused trust in the terrorist sympathizers.

Let us NOT CONFUSE 'principle' with 'fundamentalism'

'Principle' is to study and analyse a situation before apply such principles, if applicable, for NO one situation is the same.

Sticking to the law blindly, irregardless of the changes, is 'FUNDAMENTALISM', and will only result in dire consequences as times and people change and evolve.

The founding fathers made a set of laws for humans and no law for animals, as every human knows what to do with wild beasts that kill humans.

That animal now in capitivity is no human. Judge him by his actions and say it out loud here he did NO wrong and is an angel. He had shown no mercy to anyone, not even to his own blood brother nor had he even listen to pleas for him to surrender.

He only wants to kill, and kill. It is all on videotape and witnesses accounts,if anyone bothers to read and listen, and not just mouth santimonious slogans.

So do end the terrorist sympathizing BS. We had enough. Far too many innocent humans had their precious lives snuffed out for truly NOTHING!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202

Ok I'll try a different angle. This thread is about Miranda Rights. I explained them to you earlier. Now please explain to me how his rights will be violated in a court of law?

Warning before you reply look up how you are protected under Miranda Rights. If your info comes from what you saw in a T.V show you are wrong.

As long as none of his statements are used against him in court, none of his rights will be violated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join