It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US plans Syria invasion via Jordan with 20,000 soldiers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
I laughed when i read the title.
We will NEVER see reg US troops in Syria,it's simply not going to happen

edit on 20-4-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

I guess I miss the humor. If the Rebel fighters reach the chemical warheads? One of three things will happen inside 60 minutes or less. Russian forces will be on them and neutralize the threat. American forces will be on them and neutralize the threat ....or Israel will give them a warm summer day at a few thousand degrees Kelvin ...and we can all debate which threat in that picture was the larger one in the end.

That's not really debatable as all 3 powers mentioned have, at one time or another, stated as absolute fact their intention to do precisely the above if the FSA so much as moves into a position that MIGHT have some of Syria's large chem weapons collection.

(Rumor has it...there already ARE United States combat forces inside Syria, by the way. Advisers they are called ...Care we should not.
)
edit on 21-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The plan was to introduce radical elements( Al-quada and others) to the Syrian theatre as a pre-text for NATO involvment,but imo the cat was let out of the bag revealing Western support for such groups, elements of the FSA were encouraged to create a interim government
which was hastely recognized by the UN before losing traction and falling apart.Which brings us to today where Curiously enough the Syrian opposition with it's FSA partners have most recently chosen to elect an American of all people to represent it and the will of the Syrian people.
In short if the FSA do get there hands on chemical weapons and use them(which they already have i might add)it will be the fault and mismanagment of the US and it's allies.
www.nytimes.com...
edit on 21-4-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Syrian opposition with it's FSA partners has most recently chosen to elect an American to represent it and the will of the Syrian people, if the FSA do get there hands on chemical weapons and use them(which they already have i might add)it will be the fault and mismanagment of the US and allies.

I think the most telling thing I take from your note is how you've already established mental positions and arguments for how any release of chemical weapons WILL be the fault of America. Regardless of who did it or why they acted in personal or local motivations. Ouch...

The rest? Well.. We've apparently watched two completely different situations develop. I'm starting back when Anonymous (hardly more than rumors and misconceptions at that point in time) with other sites and groups like the Popular Liberation Front were calling world wide for those who could, to join the "Peaceful" protests for change and bring the Arab Spring to regime change in Syria. This, back before Assad had even reacted in any meaningful way or provoked the war which seemed pretty well intended from day 1 by the Jihadi fighters among protesters.

The US is sure making strange bedfellows right now, but our fault? Well, that's granting the power of God like omniscience onto the denizens of Washington and the halls of Langley, Virginia. I don't credit them with getting a lunch order correct without double checking and still going BACK to get it right. The degree of control and coordination required for half the theories attributed to them would make them almost God-Like in ability. We must also be watching two totally governments to have that impression for outcome and control of it.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If you arm,support,train and command terrorists..you are one imo
Assad has had every chance to strike out at his neighbors(and rightfully so) but has not...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
what concerns me is this:

Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful. This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government."
by: Henry Kissinger
(1923- ) Former US Secretary of State
Source: Speaking at Evian, France, May 21, 1992. Bilderburgers meeting. Unbeknownst to Kissinger, his speech was taped by a Swiss delegate to the meeting

quotes.liberty-tree.ca...

given General Wesley Clark's interview in Rolling Stone magazine re the countries on the "invasion list"
it indicates that into the not too distant future the same thing may be in the cards for the good ol' USA

after Ira,q Afgahinistan, Lybia, and Syria, etc, they will use their little freinds - al CIA Duh, to destabilize the US the same way as SYRIA, then BALKANIZE the US...
( The BOSTON bombing and subsequent lock down, may be a sign that SYRIA is just more firstest on the list )

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Well, you make a good point. A very good point. It's one I believe I've even made myself a time or two ...although it's a highly context based one to make.

Are we, the West, contributing to the terrorists in Syria? Yup... Sadly and baffling to me, we sure are. Then, we also need to consider the weapons crates marked by Oman, Saudi Arabia and others which are the item of FSA released photographs as they open their new presents on occasion. It seems the aid to these people is far and wide....and all misplaced as well as misguided, IMO. In THIS situation? The only winning move was not to play at all. We're all well past that exit ramp tho, aren't we?

The thing is.... Fault vs. Contribution is a BIG one. If they launch a VX Gas warhead toward Amman, Jordan or Haifa, Israel ...is that the US's fault or an outcome we contributed to seeing happen? Well....If a U.S.Officer is among those at the launch site and operating on directives or outright orders from U.S. Command? We're at FAULT for opening World War III. If it's rebels the US and other nations are desperately trying to stop and obstruct (far far too late)? Then I'd say we contributed, sure as anything and as any of a dozen other nations in this ...but didn't cause it for fault, IMO.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by stumason

Indeed, I will agree with the political solution by UN mandate at this point. Earlier on, I would have loved to see the FSA just left to defeat and destruction, since they've had to all but scream for world intervention to stave off that fate more than once since this began with the calls for the Arab Spring to Damascus.

Now though? You're right and it has gone too far to just turn off support and think that would do anything but cause total anarchy and chaos in the wake.

I just fear Obama is getting Bu#is in the feelings of general power and ability to go kick butt and get the job done quick and clean ...as if that outcome is just a matter of doing the same thing a bit differently to have a radically different outcome.

The FSA screams for support not because of Assad, his deserting Army is provides them with men and weapons. They want public support because when Assad falls and the FSA can not point to the West as a backer then the islamic radicals will claim it was they who freed the people from Assad while the West did nothing and hijack the entire revolution. Mean while it seems like Assad is using the Iranians, Lebanse militias and Hezbollah to do most of his fighting because at least they will not go over to other side first chance.

As for the OP it is an exercise called Eager Lion it happens every year. Not an invasion force. Does nobody remember last year when everybody was sure it was a US invasion then as well. Every May people. 19 nations in Jordan.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

They want public support because when Assad falls and the FSA can not point to the West as a backer then the islamic radicals will claim it was they who freed the people from Assad while the West did nothing and hijack the entire revolution.

I think where you and I have a very strong disagreement in how we interpret the events of the Syrian "uprising" is that you figure Islamic Radicals will try to claim it after the fact ...while I'm certain in my own beliefs and viewing of this, that they've been at the very core of the FSA from day 1 ..or very near it.

It's little things ... Like shooting almost a full dozen enlisted, conscripted Syrian POW's on the ground, while they screamed for their very lives and begged for mercy .....and laughing as the FSA shot them to pieces. Or, other little things like testing bathtub chem weapons on rabbits (Looked like Chlorine gas to make a guess). We can skip the roadside murders for pure sport, as some of those are a bit questionable for motive or previous relation between the FSA killers and the people shot up in the videos.

These are videos the FSA released themselves, not things attributed to them by 3rd party sources meant to smear them. They seem to think it's helpful to show themselves as rapid animals with no morality or sense of even basic values. The scary thing is...perhaps it really IS helpful in the circles they recruit from.

Either way, the gory, graphic and sickening videos of the FSA terrorists doing things even Al Qaeda hasn't shot and released videos of to brag about are out there and in quantity.

I sincerely hope Assad makes a come back and kills them all to the last person. ....with about as much mercy as they showed the screaming and crying POW's they blew away as a game.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

But lets be reasonable,Assad has supported Terrorism against Israel for decades he is not an innocent,stopping short of an outright overthrow i believe the man should go,but considering the outcome of intervention in places like Iraq,Afghanistan and Libya, will the alternative be worse or better? I'll let you decide..

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The Promised Land

Here's a direct link to the L.A. Times article Press TV appears to be referring to:

Los Angeles Times: Step toward possible military intervention in Syria

The geopolitical chess match continues...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Remember when U.S. foreign policy at least made sense? You could agree or disagree, but there was SENSE to it. Now it's just about the ends justifying the means, by any means necessary it seems.

US "foreign policy" has not made any sense whatsoever since their standard-operating-procedure became pillage, rape and blame it on the other guys (aka false flags). That pretty much sums up the last 50 years.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Remember this?

Why is President Obama sending 12, 000 U.S. troops to Libya?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
started on 1/15/2012 @ 01:36 AM

The OP:

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Why is President Obama sending 12, 000 U.S. troops to Libya?

nsnbc.wordpress.com

By Cynthia McKinney – The 4Th Media

It is with great disappointment that I receive the news from foreign media publications and Libyan sources that our President now has 12,000 U.S. troops stationed in Malta and they are about to make their descent into Libya.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.mathaba.net

Hmm. I wonder...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human

But lets be reasonable,Assad has supported Terrorism against Israel for decades he is not an innocent,stopping short of an outright overthrow i believe the man should go,but considering the outcome of intervention in places like Iraq,Afghanistan and Libya, will the alternative be worse or better? I'll let you decide..

Well, I have to say, we've come full circle in some ways to our side chat here and here we are in full agreement.

I find the whole Syria thing maddening beyond reason because prior to the FSA appearing as the alternative? I DID very much consider Assad one of the leading problems of the region and no one's solution or man to support. You're absolutely right about Syria supporting fighting in Israel as well as Lebanon and Iraq for that matter.

It's really just the hard look we've had now at the alternative and what replaces him which makes him look like a decent one to root for winning the immediate fight. Oh, not to the extent of helping him ....which is where American foreign policy gets it all wrong. The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend seems to run U.S. Policy these days ....when the Enemy of my Enemy is STILL my Enemy in my personal view.....just the lesser of the two for outcomes right now.

Thanks on a good chat to explore the issue tho! It is one complex sucker, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

reply to post by MrSpad

They want public support because when Assad falls and the FSA can not point to the West as a backer then the islamic radicals will claim it was they who freed the people from Assad while the West did nothing and hijack the entire revolution.

I think where you and I have a very strong disagreement in how we interpret the events of the Syrian "uprising" is that you figure Islamic Radicals will try to claim it after the fact ...while I'm certain in my own beliefs and viewing of this, that they've been at the very core of the FSA from day 1 ..or very near it.

It's little things ... Like shooting almost a full dozen enlisted, conscripted Syrian POW's on the ground, while they screamed for their very lives and begged for mercy .....and laughing as the FSA shot them to pieces. Or, other little things like testing bathtub chem weapons on rabbits (Looked like Chlorine gas to make a guess). We can skip the roadside murders for pure sport, as some of those are a bit questionable for motive or previous relation between the FSA killers and the people shot up in the videos.

These are videos the FSA released themselves, not things attributed to them by 3rd party sources meant to smear them. They seem to think it's helpful to show themselves as rapid animals with no morality or sense of even basic values. The scary thing is...perhaps it really IS helpful in the circles they recruit from.

Either way, the gory, graphic and sickening videos of the FSA terrorists doing things even Al Qaeda hasn't shot and released videos of to brag about are out there and in quantity.

I sincerely hope Assad makes a come back and kills them all to the last person. ....with about as much mercy as they showed the screaming and crying POW's they blew away as a game.

Well I base by views upon the Syrians I know. They think Assad is a butcher and must die. And some of them liked the guy when he came into power because they thought he was a refromer. I was not so optimistic. I think that is why the protestors thought he would never give the orders to start shooting them. He over estimated the loyalty of his Army and they changed sides. Assad's biggest problem is trying to keep his remaining Syrian forces away from the fighting so they do not just change sides. That means his superior numbers and fire power can not be used. This has been the problem since the first Syrian Army units changed sides. They should have been easly crushed but, people tend not be to loyal to a person who tells you to kill your fellow soldiers. If the rebelion who have really been foriegn radicals they would have been crushed over night. Now Assad has not only the FSA but, Islamic radicals in the country as well. And while radicals and FSA have clashed on a few occasions for the most part they avoid each other and will do so until Assad falls. Assad has some Iranrians, Lebanese, Hezbollah and small collection of trusted Syrian units. The rest of his Syrian forces can not be trusted . Sooner or later those forces will make a move. Against Assad himself if they see the opportunity or enmass over to the rebels when Assad gets desperate enough to use them.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Not surpised in the least that some thought Assad was/is a butcher ,most of these countries in the middle east are on the verge of civil war and need strong sometimes brutal leadership, but the fact remains that he(Assad) was elected overwhelmingly from his countrymen and he should be elected out of office if real,meaningfull change is desired.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Well, for the sake of the Syrian people and civilians in that country, I do hope I'm wrong and you're right on this one. I sincerely hope they find themselves with a working and better nation ...and not Egypt, Libya or Tunisia to show for their efforts in change for the sheer need of change.

Time will tell and I suppose agreement to disagree here is probably the only real path until some time has passed to better show what direction the FSA will take out of their very mixed and exceptionally brutal track record thus far.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Another waste of the citizenry's taxes. Why doesn't whichever politicians believe we need to be involved in these conflicts send in their own children or go themselves for that matter instead of sending the minorities to do their deeds? I don't see any reason to enlist in the military unless you just want to kill people and get away with it because doing the right thing is far from the military's priorities anymore. Look what happened to Bradley Manning.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Hi Tropic,

Originally posted by tropic
Tis official, Syria has fallen to US war machine, and joins the ranks of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya..

albeit with increasing bloodshed.

Is this part of Dictator hussein soetoro's insidious Plan for Us - to destabilize the Middle East, and to install The Muslim Brotherhood dictatorship throughout the region?

What's the price tag for doing this?

Why haven't the "Occupy Movement" and anti-war protestors objected to this? Could it be that their loyalty to hussein soetoro trumps their abhorrence with waging of war?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

It could well be that the US intends to go into Syria to secure/grab the chemical (and biological ???) weapons there when it looks like the Assad government's control of them is near an end, rather than going into side with the rebels to topple the government. If that's the case, I can't fault the US for this build-up of forces in Jordan.

Or would you folks like the various Islamic rebel groups there -- or possibly even Iran -- to get them?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

reply to post by MrSpad

Well, for the sake of the Syrian people and civilians in that country, I do hope I'm wrong and you're right on this one. I sincerely hope they find themselves with a working and better nation ...and not Egypt, Libya or Tunisia to show for their efforts in change for the sheer need of change.

Time will tell and I suppose agreement to disagree here is probably the only real path until some time has passed to better show what direction the FSA will take out of their very mixed and exceptionally brutal track record thus far.

Oh it is going to be a mess. Lots of in fighting and no doubt a series of early weak governments. That is exactly what the radicals are counting on because chaos is their best friend. It really will be up to the Syrian people to stay the course. Of course anytime a nation completely changes its type of goverment anarchy is part of the SOP. Generaly it takes a decade or more to see what you will end up with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join