It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nestlé CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized – Not A Human Right

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Wait What?

You guys are telling me Water in America is FREE

I pay $56 a fortnight water Bill and that water tastes like soot from a chimney sweeper!

I always knew KIT-KAT(TM)'S were evil
edit on 21/4/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Another member of the evil tribe, I'm not surprised one bit.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Thank you.
This is exactly what i thought of to myself when I saw this thread, good to have a list. Going to take a look and bookmark that link. It's one thing everyone can actually do that will affect change, don't give them your money. Help minimize any profits they make. Bleed them dry, if enough people did it they'd be f ## ed.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Actually im going to bump your entire post so that list can be seen again.

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by karmajayne

All the more reason for everyone to protest and NEVER purchase another product produced by Nestle Corporation!

As a matter of fact, they are now on my list of products that I will refuse to purchase!

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a matter of fact, I just did a google of Nestle owned water companies, and here is what I got! Go down the page, and you will see all of the water brands that Nestle sells by country along with other Nestle products!

Nestle owned products
edit on 20-4-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

Looks like I'm saying goodbye to kit-kat bars forever, which i have enjoyed over the years. Oh well.

edit on 21-4-2013 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
These people will not be happy until the building blocks of life are commoditized and owned. This is typical rent seeking behavior by the morally bankrupt. There are fewer and fewer novel ways to invest money and we have already seen how these types of people want to create new markets where people will have little choice but to pay whatever price they demand. Here are the three things that these morons what to use to create new markets.

1. privatization of water in places like Bolivia including tap, rain and well water. That was bechtel with the backing of the IMF that tried that in Bolivia. It ended after a near civil war and a new government was voted in and killed the deal. People in the western countries sometimes laugh and snicker at the third world and the problems that corporations cause there. But its these corporations that have the last laugh because after they use the third world to experiment on and they figure out a way to charge for things like water, they bring these corrupt ideas to our door steps.

2. Ownership of DNA and life itself. Just look at monsanto and other big pharma, and bio tech giants that seek to own the DNA which is essentially the the encoded recipe for life itself. They already own animals that they develop for research, and own plants. Some day all Life around us may be owned causing us to have to pay royalties for stupid things like walking on the grass, or smelling a flower.

3. Ownership of carbon. This is what the global warming scam is all about. I talked with a person who attended a bilderberger meeting in the mid 1990's. He said that government an big business were discussing how to use the environmental movement to make profits and create new revenue streams. a few years later we got Al Gore and his hockey stick graph. But, now that the solar cycle is nearing its maximum, the weather will start to ebb back to cooler temperatures. The global warming scam artists had since the 1990's to push their agenda, had they succeeded they would now be saying that their programs work. But since it never got off of the ground, it just shows them to be scam artists. It reminds me of the movie apocalypto where the chief and the high priests stand on the temple after sacrificing hundreds of people and laugh at the ignorant sheeple below who cheer them because the sun that was darkened by a solar eclipse is beginning to reappear. A little science knowledge in the hands of a few can be wielded as a great source of power against ignorant fools. IMO carbon trading and carbon taxes would have create an inverse energy market capable of ratcheting up prices so high that ENRON would have blushed. And these carbon taxes and trading would have been the next bubble for the banksters. The failure of the global warming scam is one of the reasons why the we are heading towards a another financial collapse, not enough people believed the chief and the high priests standing at the top of the temple.

So there you have it, the followers of moloch want to own the building blocks of life; water, carbon and dna. Evil people like the nestle ceo and others want to control life itself and produce nothing but misery and pain.

edit on 21-4-2013 by dieseldyk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I thought you Americans LOVED capitlism! I would have thought the idea of non profit water compnay would be classed as evil and solicist!

Surely if Healthcare is not a right the why should food and water be right?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
This is why I don't like laws. And, I don't particularly like people who have the general belief that "if the law says so, its right. If you break the law, you're wrong."

Hello? Carbon taxes? We're being taxed to BREATHE?!

And now they're after water...

If they tax air, that's a profit. Everyone breathes. But they can't manage and distribute air. They can not control who breathes and who doesn't.

Carbon taxes are a scam. Paying for clean water is not!

There is also such thing as bottled oxygen which costs money.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It seems that no one has noticed how he brags about how many jobs nestlé is maintaining, then how just after that he is proud to show a robotised factory.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

rainwater already not allowed to be collected in some places in the US

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
This is why I don't like laws. And, I don't particularly like people who have the general belief that "if the law says so, its right. If you break the law, you're wrong."

Hello? Carbon taxes? We're being taxed to BREATHE?!

And now they're after water...

If they tax air, that's a profit. Everyone breathes. But they can't manage and distribute air. They can not control who breathes and who doesn't.

Carbon taxes are a scam. Paying for clean water is not!

There is also such thing as bottled oxygen which costs money.

Yes, that is right, obtaining a service such as having potable water piped to you house is a service that you pay for. But what people like the nestle ceo want to do is to own all water, including ground water and rain water. And that is water for which they have added no value and so deserve no profit.

These ideas get cycled around over and over, and these people try and try and try until they succeed in getting governments to grant them property rights over these things. The worst idea I ever heard was a city councilmen who said that the city owned the sky and the sunshine and so houses should have a tax placed on them based on how big the windows were in the house because "they" owned the sunlight. These ideas are as dangerous as they are ridiculous. IMO its why the global elite hate democracies, because democracies are what protect ordinary people from foolishly greedy market makers and our corrupt politicians.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dieseldyk

Yes, that is right, obtaining a service such as having potable water piped to you house is a service that you pay for. But what people like the nestle ceo want to do is to own all water, including ground water and rain water. And that is water for which they have added no value and so deserve no profit.

These ideas get cycled around over and over, and these people try and try and try until they succeed in getting governments to grant them property rights over these things. The worst idea I ever heard was a city councilmen who said that the city owned the sky and the sunshine and so houses should have a tax placed on them based on how big the windows were in the house because "they" owned the sunlight. These ideas are as dangerous as they are ridiculous. IMO its why the global elite hate democracies, because democracies are what protect ordinary people from foolishly greedy market makers and our corrupt politicians.

I see your point and that has to do with state capitalism, which in of itself is a total scam! The bankers control the government because they issue the currency themselves and force themselves upon everyone in an evil way.

No one should claim property rights to something that belongs to everyone. Something that belongs to everyone is a public right. People should only pay for services, such cleaning the water supply and pipping it to the client.

I am a fan of mixed economies such as was europe a few decades ago before the privitisation frenzy. The fact is that big business and the bankers are above government and government is worthless. Collectively they are called the bilderbergers.
edit on 21/4/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Wow, the list is an eye-opener -- I never associated Nestle with cat litter and Tombstone pizza (not that Tombstone pizza is anything I really want to eat anyways

I do believe that I should no longer give my money to this company...but I'll have to print and carry that list around with me when shopping as I'd never remember all of these products.

Does anyone know of website(s) that list different companies and the reasons to boycott their products? It would be good to go and check and decide if the reasons to boycott match up with one's personal beliefs/concerns, and if so, one could then easily figure out what companies to avoid giving their $$ to based on their belief system

As one lone person, the most power to express my opinions is through how I spend my money and where I spend it. Same with banks.

The more I think about it, the more angry I am getting at myself for all the lazy way of spending I've done in my life, not thinking through the companies getting my hard-earned cash. Shame on me.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1
reply to post by Byrd

Though you state that surface and run off water as not my property but under the surface being mine, does that mean I have to purchase mineral rights to truly secure what is "mine"?

No, I believe that owning the land guarantees you this -- at least, that's the law here in the United States and more specifically in Texas. Your mileage/jurisdiction may vary.

Even now it is hard for me to say that that is "my" water even if it is under "my" land. Just aggravates me that a faceless corporation like Nestle can lay claim to it.

That's just it -- he can't.

(and as I understand it, this video might have been around since 2005.)

Each country has different laws about what property rights the owner of a piece of land has. If I remember correctly, here in the US, the municipality has final authority and can override what the county and state say. The US government has no power here.

And believe me, if the US government stepped in and tried to mess with state and municipal rights, there would be a lot of people kicked out of the Senate and House of Representatives and other national offices -- and the courts would be doing the "firing" here. Water rights are one of those rights not reserved by the national government.

Water is, as I learned at the townhall meeting, a very complicated issue -- and more complicated because rivers and creeks have a way of changing boundaries and NOT consulting landowners before they make new channels.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
(Hmm. duplicate post. ATS's software must REALLY have liked what I had to say!)
edit on 21-4-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galadriel
reply to post by Nyiah

rainwater already not allowed to be collected in some places in the US

That depends on how much is collected, actually.

Small amounts of water are not illegal to collect. However, some less-than-reputable sources have conflated the "you can't dam up a creek on your property" to Scary Outrageous News. If you look up the original sources and then look at the actual legal cases, you can see how News Designed To Scare You Organizations really take things out of context.

Here in America. Can't speak for other places.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Already got it but it has not yet filtered to the public, it is called carbon credits and is the start of a long term corporate plan to do just that, tax the air.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Are people serious when they state that in certain places, it is illegal to collect rainwater? WTF?!?!?!?! How the hell can any government or entity justify that garbage? Are they saying they have ownership of clouds and weather now? Where the hell do they get off telling people they can't collect water from the ski for their own use.....there is ZERO logical justification or reasoning behind that. In fact, a number of conservation groups have been trying to encourage more people to create water butts to catch run off rain water and use it for their gardens/outside activity so they use less tap water. Rainwater is free, its relatively pure (except in areas of high industry/population density, where it can pick up pollution from the air), and given water shortages, something people should make the most use of whenever they can.

This corporate douchebag is an example of a growing trend of elites trying to push for greater dependency of people on an oppressive and unsustainable system. Just.... wow. I don't know where to begin with this clown.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge

Holy crap !

I had no idea at just how huge Nestle is !

The number of everyday familiar products and product names these SOB's owns is unbelievable... never mind the 70+ bottled water brands worldwide.

Good lord, no wonder they want to push the privatizing of water.

It would make Walmart look like a friggin' dollar store.

Wow...

Nestle is a Swiss company. The Swiss are largely a smug and racist people. I grew up there. This company's stance on this issue in no way surprises me. I'd be surprised if this WASN'T their stance.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by karmajayne

Next up: taxes on oxygen.

It's coming.

I guess you saw the recent thread about a rain tax? CBSlocal

We're taxed for every things imaginable that can create revenue for the government or a corporation.

A scam.

Back on topic: how can water be privatized? What about RAIN? In some places it's already illegal to collect rainwater that falls on your property! This is crazy insane.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Just to play devil's advocate here, it costs labor and money to create a clean water supply for both bathing, washing and drinking. Without someone doing the work to filter and deliver that water to your households, most of us would be screwed. It's not the water that costs money, it's the process by which it is being delivered to you. You buy bottled water, you pay a water bill. Clean, filtered water has never been "free". In some countries you either pay for that water delivery and filtration through taxes or via a bill that is sent to your home.

If you want free water, you have to find it or own/buy the land, filter it yourself and pump it through your own faucets and showers. So..... while you should have the right to drink and use the water on your land as you see fit (except polluting it, which may have an affect on your neighbors) you won't always have the ability to filter enough of it for safe use, which is what you would pay other people who have the equipment and know-how to do it for you.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join