Jon Stewart explains flaws in gun control laws

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

You do know I was not the one who brought hitler into the debate ..right..

Would you mind too terribly to quote the first mention of Hitler in this thread?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
Lets not EVER forget the 60,000,000 who died because of gun confiscation.

You were inferring the NAZI's, weren't you? Over on page four.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

You were inferring the NAZI's, weren't you? Over on page four.

Stalin, or Mao, actually.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Twenty million people died in China because of starvation, implemented through poor policy making. I don't think a gun would've fed them.

Five million people died in Russia because of forced starvation, implemented because Stalin was a bad man. I don't think a gun would've fed them either.

So you were wrong about Mao and wrong about Stalin and you were off on your 60 million dead by 35 million people.

Six million people died in the Holocaust, which is likely where the confusion came from, we just assumed you added an extra zero.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Guns help feed people all the time.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Twenty million people died in China because of starvation, implemented through poor policy making. I don't think a gun would've fed them.

No, but it might have prevented the poor policy making.

Five million people died in Russia because of forced starvation, implemented because Stalin was a bad man. I don't think a gun would've fed them either.

No, but it might have prevented the poor policy making.

So you were wrong about Mao and wrong about Stalin and you were off on your 60 million dead by 35 million people.

How was I wrong about Mao and Stalin?

I agree that my numbers were probably off, as they were a bit hyperbole... but Millions of people WERE executed in both Stalinist Russia, and Maoist China.... Because they didn't have the Weapons to defend themselves with.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Six million people died in the Holocaust, which is likely where the confusion came from,

Which Holocaust?

we just assumed

Yes.... Yes that did happen.

You should note, that these are not the only regimes that killed many of their own people... nor are they the only ones who enacted draconian gun controls in order to do so.
edit on 28-4-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Echo007
Jon Stewart job is to poke fun at things in the media lets not forget that.

The only thing more gun control laws will do is make law abiding citizens have to jump through hoops. Soon as we compromise on one thing they will never stop wanting more laws to make it harder for Americans to own firearms. Look at all the gun laws cities like Chicago have, does it stop criminals from finding guns or stop people from killing someone using a firearm.

I'm not sure what to say. Only it's guns. Don't take my glock! Unless by chance a miracle or something happens I don’t see much getting in the way of senators who want to ban rifles, pistols, springfields, ARs when the next bad thing happens in a school or a movie theatre by a batman or something, the real discussion is to make the rest of us suffer for the actions of a fringe retard who decides to just plan out some bad.

One decomposing senator after another and no one is even listening that is the way most of us go about our day. Maybe it’s working they don’t want to be listened to and no one wants to. The Dollar bill with Washington’s face on it. There is a choir of morons in congress don’t expect them to do anything or care about the little guy or even about the moms of sandy hook and the friends and family of them.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well ... one thing I noticed is that all the recent mass shootings have taken place in gun free zones. Maybe we should teach criminals to read? They obviously can't read the signs that say "No Guns Allowed"

See ... I am such a problem solver .. ta-da!

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join