learn more

Jon Stewart explains flaws in gun control laws

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

The gangs in Chicago do not need to go to Indiana or Wisconsin to get their guns...If I want an untraceable gun, I go to Chicago...and I live in Indiana...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

How did the gangs get the guns in the first place?

1) They had these before the gun laws...
2) They had these imported in from some other area...

They are not making the guns themselves...

If there was nearly no way to import lots of guns for a longer period and there are strong background check and laws to prevent illegal gun use (illegal gun=automatic very long prison sentence, carrying gun in public without permit=very long prison sentence, losing a gun= never will be able to get a new permit (that is here) etc) , even gangs would not have that many guns. Simply day after day, raid after raid the amount guns will become smaller. It would never reach 0, although much less small-time blue-collar criminals, who might actually endanger somebody or their home, would not have guns. Kinda like in many European countries. It is rare to see a small time criminal or gang member having a gun, mafia and hard-core criminal have though, but an average person nearly never gets in the crosshairs of such people...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin
reply to post by totallackey

How did the gangs get the guns in the first place?

1) They had these before the gun laws...
2) They had these imported in from some other area...

They are not making the guns themselves...

If there was nearly no way to import lots of guns for a longer period and there are strong background check and laws to prevent illegal gun use (illegal gun=automatic very long prison sentence, carrying gun in public without permit=very long prison sentence, losing a gun= never will be able to get a new permit (that is here) etc) , even gangs would not have that many guns. Simply day after day, raid after raid the amount guns will become smaller. It would never reach 0, although much less small-time blue-collar criminals, who might actually endanger somebody or their home, would not have guns. Kinda like in many European countries. It is rare to see a small time criminal or gang member having a gun, mafia and hard-core criminal have though, but an average person nearly never gets in the crosshairs of such people...

Really? Ask a LEO if your assesment is even CLOSE to accurate......its not......and actually MOST small time criminals DO have firearms....how do you think they commit their crimes? MOST of them are with a side arm of some sort......

And im sorry.........you can get the death penalty for murder......how often does that stop murders?

sorry man but your whole post wasnt even remotely accurate........

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Really? Ask a LEO if your assesment is even CLOSE to accurate......its not......and actually MOST small time criminals DO have firearms....how do you think they commit their crimes? MOST of them are with a side arm of some sort......

And im sorry.........you can get the death penalty for murder......how often does that stop murders?

sorry man but your whole post wasnt even remotely accurate........

Most small-time criminals currently do have, as it is so easy to get a weapon... If you saw my post you know that I was referring to European nations.

How do you explain then that in European countries guns are much rarer and especially small-time criminals do not own guns? In some countries even police officers do not carry a firearm... as there is no point. It is so rare for a small time criminal to have a gun.

On the other side of the Atlantic, many efforts have been made to minimize weapon proliferation. European countries have come together to set a legal framework that strictly defines gun ownership. As a result, the European Council Directive of June 18th, 1991 provides the key legal information regarding gun control in the EU. It prohibits the private possession of fully automatic weapons, and regulates the possession of semi-automatic ones and handguns. This regulation relies on a system of license.People who want to acquire a weapon need to obtain a gun owner’s license. This license is only delivered after a background check has been led and legitimate reasons have been provided. Only licensed people can legally acquire a firearm or ammunition.

Let’s take the example of France. To obtain such a license, people have to practice shooting during at least six months in a club of the official French Federation of Shooting. After the Federation has given its favorable opinion, the police investigate on criminal or mental records. If the police do not find anything, they give an authorization valid for five years. The owner must then buy his gun in a limited period of three months if he doesn’t want his authorization to expire. There is also a limitation regarding the number: a maximum of twelve guns can be detained, while in Norway, such restriction does not exist. Since the French law of 1995, it is nowadays compulsory to keep guns into a locked safe

Moreover, in each country, sale of guns and firearms must be registered and recorded.

transatlantic-magazine.com...

Why is there so much less gun violence there? EU has over 4x less gun deaths than US, if not even more.

The thing is, US has already let it out of hands. Criminals already have too many weapons. To be honest, I have no idea, how some day most of the guns of the criminals could be removed from the streets, there are simply too many. Regulations would help, although not in the coming years, but in long-term.
edit on 23-4-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)
edit on 23-4-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

most shootings in the u.s. occur in gun free zones, and most gun deaths come from a handful of cities with strict gun laws.

you can argue that there is so much gun crime in those cities because they get their guns from other states, BUT then why don't those states that allow guns have a much higher rate of crime? makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
reply to post by projectvxn

The only people refuting Australian gun control facts are by pro guners .Even in your article it states..they are true..yet refute the truth with nonsense....FACT = deaths by guns down...gun massacres have not happened since gun control was in place.

Australia's gun controls a political template for the U.S.

Gun Control in Australia

Oh yes another gun myth from above article.

Japan had no thought of invading the U.S. mainland, and the idea it was deterred from such an invasion by fear of homeowners with guns in their closets is historically absurd.
(Note: The author alludes to a belief, widely held by supporters of gun rights, that Japan’s WW II Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto advised his country’s leaders against invading the U.S., supposedly saying "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." This alleged quote appears literally thousands of times in various Internet postings. So far we have seen none that cite any source, or even give a specific time, date or place where Yamamoto is supposed to have said or written this. We invite any of our readers who can validate this remark to send us a citation that we can check out. Until then we must classify this alleged quote as unverified and probably a fabrication.)

and more
Guns do not make us safer. Why is this not obvious?

I am also quite sure that if you outlawed vehicles, vehicle deaths would go down. And, if you outlawed alcohol, DUI deaths would go down, and if you outlawed airplanes, you heroically saved the lives of any future potential victims of airplane crashes.

And if you outlaw pressure cookers, no one would be tempted to bomb people with them. And if you outlaw silly putty, no children would swallow it and choke to death, and if you outlaw crowbars, no one would have their homes broken into.

Why don't you put up a list of things us retarded people should ban to make everyone safe? Only a person of your vast intellect would know what is best for us knuckle dragging neanderthals
edit on 24-4-2013 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainpower2theMax

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by Cabin

most shootings in the u.s. occur in gun free zones, and most gun deaths come from a handful of cities with strict gun laws.

you can argue that there is so much gun crime in those cities because they get their guns from other states, BUT then why don't those states that allow guns have a much higher rate of crime? makes no sense.

who cares? as long as it is liberals killing each other,I see no problem. they are animals and deserve death.

i don't even know how to respond to such a comment. perhaps the mods will see fit to ban you.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
For Canadian : www.thecomedynetwork.ca...

Very good.

And WTH, from gun owner ( You will not make me a criminal because i have guns
:'( ! Or i kill you )

First, you will not be a criminal, WHY you want criminal to buy gun and assault guns ???

Why Background check is bad ? They surely will check for violent crime, people that got too many speed ticket will still be able to have their precious killing tools.

Gun-lover have no logic, if you are a gun owner, you know how guns kills easly. SO WHY YOU WANT CRIMINAL TO HAVE THEM ?

It's like giving car to 15yr drunk kid ( representing, the criminal who bought gun ) and saying : It's their right of freedom travel !

anyways...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
How is
Brainpower2theMax not banned? Calling for the death of politicians and saying Jon is a jew who would look good in his oven.

Mods why is he not banned.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

reply to post by Brainpower2theMax

Just another angry moron..willing to blame your own failures on others.

You poor little little person..one day you will grow up..

That's why racists and bigots are so angry...they blame their failures on other races and religions.
edit on 24-4-2013 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

he is a straight up troll. pay him no heed.

How is Brainpower2theMax not banned? Calling for the death of politicians and saying Jon is a jew who would look good in his oven. Mods why is he not banned.

i quite agree. a posting ban won't stop someone from acting like that.
edit on 24-4-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

reply to post by GeisterFahrer

You my freind are just not intelligent enough to debate.

You have added zilch to conversation and are not worthy of a reply...yet I felt sorry for your lack of intelligence and threw you a bone.

So here is a reply. 2 + 2 = what? Gave you something I hope you can answer...

Oh, why I am not surprised that would be your reply?

gee, my Neanderthal brain cannot fathom the intricate complexities of your obdurate faculties ....

Oh great and vast intellectual one, please explain to us mere lowly and less deserving Neanderthals how the absence of guns will prevent murder from bombs, hammers, hacksaws, cars, potato chips, tire irons, bean bags, tree limbs, fast moving blunt like objects but not actually blunt objects, and blunt objects like anvils (but not actually anvils because that is just silly like the road runner and coyote stuff), fast women, knives, collapsing bridges, dangerous insects, and etc.

I am sure that you will put forth a strenuous effort to be as complete and objective as possible .... I will be waiting

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeQuebec86
For Canadian : www.thecomedynetwork.ca...

Very good.

And WTH, from gun owner ( You will not make me a criminal because i have guns
:'( ! Or i kill you )

First, you will not be a criminal, WHY you want criminal to buy gun and assault guns ???

Why Background check is bad ? They surely will check for violent crime, people that got too many speed ticket will still be able to have their precious killing tools.

Gun-lover have no logic, if you are a gun owner, you know how guns kills easly. SO WHY YOU WANT CRIMINAL TO HAVE THEM ?

It's like giving car to 15yr drunk kid ( representing, the criminal who bought gun ) and saying : It's their right of freedom travel !

anyways...

Guess what ..... they already do background checks ... imagine that!!! But the great intellect that he is, Mr. Biden claims there isn't enough manpower to enforce these already existing laws .... well gee ... quite the dilemma I'm afraid ... yep .... sure is ..... quite the dilemma ....

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Another internet tough guy who has dreams of going out heroically in a gun fight when realistically one sharpshooters would take you out with one shot and no one else getting hurt.

No force on earth could possibly stand against the fearsome british redcoat!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

The only people refuting Australian gun control facts are by pro guners .Even in your article it states..they are true..yet refute the truth with nonsense....FACT = deaths by guns down...gun massacres have not happened since gun control was in place.

And yet in most all cases, violent crime increases when gun confiscation takes place.

And lets not forget all of the tyrants who disarmed their populations to kill them off en mass.

Lets not EVER forget the 60,000,000 who died because of gun confiscation.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

And yet in most all cases, violent crime increases when gun confiscation takes place.

And lets not forget all of the tyrants who disarmed their populations to kill them off en mass.

Lets not EVER forget the 60,000,000 who died because of gun confiscation.

be careful there ... you are arguing against an intellectual giant

Just be sure you don't confound him with facts. Like how rape in the UK quadrupled after their gun ban or something ...

Geez, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes when this intellectual giant catches wind of your non deception

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Stewart is really funny, his show is for the most part brilliant.

But.. I'm getting really sick of people worshiping this man and everything he says, as if people never form thoughts in their own minds, then Stewart does a bit and it blows them away... ooh so groundbreaking, so edgy.

Its getting a tad old.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join