It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Bombers were blatant Islamists: Stop the whitewashing!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Well, I dont know about making contact with the FBI, you said that, not me.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Form what I gather so far on the FBI is that they received a complaint from the Russian security service in 2011 that Tamerlan was a radical and potential threat, and they interviewed him and released him.

But as you point out, there are long standing suspicions of bombings and FBI complicity, and there will still be a long-standing conspiracy debate on this case.
It is rather strange that both the Russians and the FBI had pinned him before, and that he could apparently travel to Russia afterwards (where it's assumed he was trained as a militant).
This could have more mundane explanations, such as that the FBI had no direct reason to hold him at the time.

Describing him as an Islamist doesn't preclude a wider conspiracy.
If anything it should give those who fall for Islamism reason to question who or what really controls the movement.
Having mind-controlled people willing to commit violence would make it possible to have an "inside job" without it actually being an "inside job".
One wouldn't need a patsy in a traditional sense.
The terrorist willingly allows himself to be brainwashed and only needs minor guidance.

Denying the dangers of Islamism and whitewashing that aspect of the case simply plays into the hands of extremists, and one-sided anti-Americanism disguised as conspiracy theory.
According to conspiracy like David Icke, the group who control both sides in a conflict don't give a damn about either.
So my point is simply: speculate by all means, just don't write out the Islamist aspect, as some seem hellbent on doing for whatever reasons.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Glad to see some logic hidden away on here

They are guilty and thats why they were hunted down. No innocent person would have run in the first place, let alone attacked police with guns and bombs.
Many refuse to see the blatant facts and rather discuss minor discrepancies in the news stories. The media are idiots for making this so public, they brought doubt to the table.

Lots of witness's, hundreds saw the brothers attacking the police in Watertown, there are videos to prove this. Witness statement's and live scanner audio which also corroborate this.
More video will emerge as people upload it, but will be put down and ignored. People spreading disinfo on these events should be punished, its become a joke. Every attack is the government apparently!!! People are idiots!

To those saying there were no indications that it was the brothers are either mis informed, ignorant to the facts or just plain stupid. The boxer brother for example, gave up boxing...this shocked many of his friends...people ignore this, and the fact he was mixing with extremists at his local mosque and in russia. Thats why the FBI knew who they were, thats why they had been keeping an eye on them.

To some it may not be obvious, no one goes around telling normal people they are a terrorist, otherwise they would all be i jail. They are clever people who disguise it as best they can until they are found out.

Ive known people all my life that have gone on to murder people, did i think they would turn out murderers? Nope, i was as shocked as others when they were sent to prison for the rest of their lives, and had i known what they were capable of, would have disassociated myself with them long ago.
edit on 22-4-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If anything this 3rd attack involving a drill with pretty much the same scenario that actually played out on the same exact day (911, Sandy Hook and the Marathon) why have more people not spoke out about someone inside the government or police that are telling the terrorist you must make your attack on this day as there is a drill going on this is a major part and theme in their planning if you use logic, what are the chances this has been occurring the same day as a drill this for me made me think twice about 911, then possibly well there is a coincidence maybe with Sandy Hook but still not a full believer but this is just way too much coincidence, why is there no one trying to find an insider giving out clues to terrorists?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I just wanted to point out--no matter WHAT your beliefs are regarding the bombing--that last night, CNN stated that the captured (and supposed) bomber said that he was not allowed to talk to women that he was not related to, because his religion forbids it.

..... are you SERIOUS?

Did NO ONE else catch the morbid irony in this?!

Sure, you can blow up a bunch of people at an American marathon, but talking to women is crossing the line?!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Thanks for the update, I haven't had time to follow the case as closely as over the weekend.
I haven't seen this or found a link, but I'll comment generally assuming you are correct.

According to my suspicions that radical Islamism motivated the brothers this is not very surprising at all.

Of course the majority of Muslims who may practice strict gender segregation are not Islamists, and some other faiths also practice it.
However, in the Islamist cults it seems to gain a massively overriding significance.
Judging by the video clips there is a strong psychosocial warrior ethos based on macho homosocial imagery.

Incidentally, Tamerlan was arrested in 2009 for battery against his convert wife, who had to cover up as he became radicalized. Apparently this cost Tamerlan his American citizenship.
www.theblaze.com... ild/
I think the shocking messages on women by some radical Islamist preachers (for example, on wife beating) has been much discussed over the years, so while the domestic violence may also be due to Tamerlan's personality issues, I doubt it would have been against his Islamist self-image, or perhaps he viewed the incident as an imposition into his domestic authority that may have radicalized him more.

What is quite interesting is that some cults allow "heavenly deception" or fooling the unbelievers for a greater divine purpose, but except for the fact that the brothers didn't divulge their plans, it increasingly seems that especially Tamerlan's radicalization was apparent, and he even yelled at moderate Muslim speakers in the mosque.

It remains open to question in how far he controlled his brother or his wife, and to what extent Tamerlan had the makings of a potential cult leader.
It would be interesting to hear what made Islamism appeal to Tamerlan.
Perhaps the lack of wider family and parental guidance played a role, or even a narcissistic personality that saw an appeal in performing a "special mission" for the cause.
Cult experts often refer to some features of people who join radical and dangerous groups, but there are always exceptions.
In Germany young men who converted to Salafi sects and became insurgents in foreign countries often came from normal families.
The fact is that Islamist material and preachers are in society, and it radicalizes some people.
Gender segregation seems to be important not only as tradition or avoiding temptation (as in more moderate religion), but also to remove young men from domesticating influences and socializing them into a brotherhood of like-minded potential warriors.
In that sense the radical form of religion encourages military fraternization, and sticking to that segregation probably allows a sense of male purity that is proper for the potential martyr (the reward is in the after life).
Making war and esoteric teachings men's business further appeals to macho narcissism, and it does protect women from becoming fellow conspirators when the crimes become apparent.
This was also the case for Tamerlan's wife, who worked long hours and apparently knew nothing of the plot.

Thus, I don't find it strange at all that in order to follow the teaching on fighting the enemy (as they see it) the Islamist would stick to the rules governing gender segregation.
Islamist protests in Britain, for example, are typically gender segregated.
If the younger brother indeed still finds it possible to make demands at this stage this would just show how much radicals feel entitled to manipulate a politically correct society, with freedoms of speech and religious demands that Islamists would never allow in the society they want.

edit on 24-4-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The French-Canadian psychotherapist and hypnotherapist Henri Jolicoeur on Islamist brainwashing and the Boston Bombers.

More typically Jolicoeur deconstructs cults form India and "brainwashing" (planting powerful ideas that become the focus of life into people).

Here he reveals that brainwashing is very simple, especially with 5 percent of the population who are "natural subjects", and cult leaders know immediately how to spot them and pull them into their control.

edit on 28-4-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Ignore radical Islam, and blame America at all costs - the liberal media so far:

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Having said all that, one can also sympathize with, and understand the fears of American Muslims in Boston.

They are wonderful people, and I hope people respect them.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Occupy America: Muslims and Leftists united?

How peculiar, because one world-view has no place for freedom of religion, feminism or gay rights.

So how does this happen?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Islamism from London:

How is it the West still allows this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join