It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots fired at Denver 420 rally in Denver

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Originally posted by WhiteAlice

Really would be nice if this kind of thing would stop but guess we can't have nice things, can we?

It will stop when Obama has his way, pandering to the will of the elite.
Till then it's open season on the american public.

edit on 20-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'm sure there were drunk people there too. Just wanted to point that out.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

It's a large crowd every year but, I imagine, with the passing of new state legislation this years will be larger than in the past. Tourist paradise!

edit to add: I do hope this thread will be allowed to stay open. Being fully aware of the T&C's regarding illegal substances I do believe that valid news stories should be allowed to be discussed.
edit on 20-4-2013 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice

Originally posted by goou111
curious to see how long this thread will last

SNF

Yeah, pondered that one because of the T&C but figured that, considering it is what it is...a seemingly random shooting into a crowd that numbered in the thousands, I figured that was newsworthy enough to (risk?) post(ing) it.

I definatly think it's worth posting and have absolutly no problem with the thread

I just know how the mods are sometimes...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Let me guess

Muslims shooting = radical terrorist
Christian shooting = Drunk hick, psycopath etc.

Right ?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
xfinity.comcast.net...

DENVER (AP) — Gunfire erupted at a Denver pot celebration Saturday, injuring two people and scattering a crowd of thousands at a downtown park after they had just marked the first 4/20 counterculture holiday since the state legalized marijuana.

The man and woman who were shot were expected to survive, and police were looking for one or two suspects, said Denver Police spokesman Sonny Jackson.

Witnesses described a scene in which a jovial atmosphere quickly turned to one of panic just before 5 p.m. Several thought firecrackers were being set off, then a man fell bleeding, his dog also shot.

Probably what the gun fire was really about.(IMO)

Colorado and Washington are still waiting for a federal response to the votes and are working on setting up commercial pot sales, which are still limited to people with certain medical conditions. In the meantime, pot users are free to share and use the drug in small amounts.

A citizen advocacy group that opposes marijuana legalization, Smart Colorado, warned in a statement that public 4/20 celebrations "send a clear message to the rest of the nation and the world about what Colorado looks like."

"Does the behavior of the participants in these events reflect well on our state?" asked the head of Smart Colorado, Henny Lasley.

xfinity.comcast.net...
edit on 20-4-2013 by azureskys because: added more

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtooDetoo
Let me guess

Muslims shooting = radical terrorist
Christian shooting = Drunk hick, psycopath etc.

Right ?

For the record, I brand anybody that does something like this to be a mentally ill person exclusive and not relating to their political or religious ideologies. There's always that one guy (or girl) in every group that makes everybody else look bad.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
fottage from scene here
photos.denverpost.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

A citizen advocacy group that opposes marijuana legalization, Smart Colorado, warned in a statement that public 4/20 celebrations "send a clear message to the rest of the nation and the world about what Colorado looks like." "Does the behavior of the participants in these events reflect well on our state?" asked the head of Smart Colorado, Henny Lasley.

www.cbsnews.com...

Like the usage of warned there as if it comes just shy of implicating that Smart Colorado had some precognition that this would occur or something. Still think if it was preplanned, it would've been far worse so probably random impulsive reaction.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
PLEASE NOTE:

Just to clarify...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Staged shooting!

Suspects on the lose....

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
PLEASE NOTE:

Just to clarify...

Thanks for the clarification, DontTreadOnMe. I have a question...considering the nature of the rally, is there any kind of advise that could be given as to how we can discuss the event without breaking the T&C? Or should we simply discuss it purely as a "political rally" without any context of what the subject of the political rally was? Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Any time such a violent tragedy occurs people ask, "Why?" In this instance we might guess the motive being to cast this subject in a bad light because of its now popular and lawful acceptance.

Old factions will continue to fight tooth and nail against this new reality as the realization sinks in that more and more communities, states, and nations will have this in their very near future as an integral part of the normal and respectable lifestyle, that it is no long a matter of some people advocating for a thing as it is now here and a reality. Many will step up to fight it. I suspect that could be what this incident is about. This is an act of unwillingness to accept our future.

While other recent violent outbreaks were often based on political motives and religious ideologies there is also likely to be some of that involved here as well. However, this will likely spawn more violence based on economic ideologies. THIS MATTER SITS AT THE HEART OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST ECONOMIC UNDERGROUND. Sorry for the caps but that is an important truth to be emphasized. It is a multi-zillion dollar underground interest that will collapse as this trend of acceptance continues.

Many very large and powerful interests on down to small personal concerns, both legitimate and illicit, all financially depend on maintaining the former status quo. It is likely much too late for them to have that now, the vote already taken and the die being cast, but is a matter that is certain to be fought over especially as this new industry gains its foothold.

Could this specific incident have merely been someone settling a personal matter? Could it have been just a random act of violence enacted during a public gathering? Those are all possibilities we may never have answers for but my guess is that there will continue to be efforts made to cast this matter in a bad light and atempt to turn public acceptance back around and away from it again. Let's hope it is not to be a future public battleground.

edit on 21-4-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

In addition to this:
Just to clarify...

And and all talk about legalization or personal us is not allowed...posts will be removed, Post Bans will be applied.

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Your post says a dog was also shot. Did the dog survive? A posted video quotes a guy saying the shots went off "pop pop pop pop pop" indicating more than three shots - does anyone have a link to an actual recording of the shots as they went off? And any news on the hunt for the shooter? Thanks for this thread, and to the mods.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Apparently, gang unit is taking over, which is interesting because it boggles the mind to think that a gang would shoot at a rally? www.thedenverchannel.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The federal government has made clear that it will not respect state initiatives legalizing medical marijuana. The suspects are still at large, even though "a large number of police officers were already at the downtown Denver park watching the marijuana rally, the first 4/20 rally since the state legalized pot."

"The second person was described as a black man in a checkered black and white shirt."

The "checkered black and white" pattern is well known in Freemasonic symbology. I think somebody was 'sending a message' to the state's rights community.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join