It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots fired at Denver 420 rally in Denver

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Shots fired at Denver 420 rally in Denver

www.thedenverchannel.com

Shots were fired in Denver's Civic Center Park during the 420 Rally, and at least two people were hurt, according to Denver police.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Did a search and hadn't seen this posted yet. Apparently, it seems to have just happened so not much known about what happened other than shots were fired into the 420 rally for a much politically debated substance (being mindful of the T&C here). Just when you think this week of hell is over, then you remember that Sunday just isn't here yet. Really would be nice if this kind of thing would stop but guess we can't have nice things, can we?

www.thedenverchannel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I had heard about this a few minutes ago. Of all places, I wouldn't expect something like this to happen at an event like that. But then again...

I'm wondering if It's some hardcore fundamentalist Christian that carried this out. Or some wacko just trying to make a name for him/herself.

ETA: I see there is 2 victims, a man and a woman. At least their injuries are not life threatening.
edit on 20-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Just think how many potential sociopaths are out there, glued to their televisions, noticing all the attention and hoopla over these events. Maybe it sparks an idea? Envy?

This world is a messed up place.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

That is why I am surprised!

IMO, just a crazy pants hate face looking for the attention he lacked growing up.
edit on Sat Apr 20 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Just think how many potential sociopaths are out there, glued to their televisions, noticing all the attention and hoopla over these events. Maybe it sparks an idea? Envy?

I agree- We have created our own Monster...

There is a genie out of the bottle that will not go away. No matter what choices we make at this point, this will continue, will grow worse and will feed on itself.

Scary times, indeed.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

It's like I've had to explain to my daughter over and over again. The number of individuals that would be capable of actions such as these are a very small portion of the population...perhaps 1% are full blown sociopaths but that still doesn't guarantee that their particular brand of sociopathy will equate to them engaging in an attempted mass shooting or bombing. That number would probably be a fraction of a percent in incidence but the fact that one occurs ups the likelihood that others will follow. Not sure if it's the hoopla that drives it or just the witnessing of "like minded individuals" though.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Two words that normally do not show up on the same page together let alone in the same sentence. Another hateful one jealous of our freedoms, apparently.

edit on 20-4-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hungry
Happy
Sleepy

Not violent.

I loved living in Denver but one thing I noticed is that there is definitely a slice of the community that is struggling to get by. Who knows what happened, I just hoped this doesn't get politicized.

link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Was it a large crowd? This should play out interestingly, as who would bring a gun to a kief fight?

This is the first "holiday" since the last election which changed some things in Colorado. Maybe someone was angry, but there can be any one of hundreds of reasons why this happened.

link   

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I'd think there's no reason it shouldn't last. This is an attack which happened in a holiday crowd not even a week after another attack. Let's see how the event plays out before the thread itself is suffocated in its crib (as it were).

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
From my understanding, no one has been apprehended, right?

Wondering if any connections are being made....

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Was it a large crowd? This should play out interestingly, as who would bring a gun to a kief fight?

This is the first "holiday" since the last election which changed some things in Colorado. Maybe someone was angry, but there can be any one of hundreds of reasons why this happened.

From what I can tell, large crowds were expected for the rally with an estimation up to 80,000 people. Can't find out what the actual turnout was beyond "10's of thousands". The fact that only two people appear to be hurt makes me think that somebody had severely poor impulse control when they walked by because, honestly, it could've been worse.

www.thedenverchannel.com...
www.thedenverchannel.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Yeah, pondered that one because of the T&C but figured that, considering it is what it is...a seemingly random shooting into a crowd that numbered in the thousands, I figured that was newsworthy enough to (risk?) post(ing) it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join