Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Champ the new missle that kills eletronic devices: No nuke needed.

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
www.boeing.com...

During the test, the CHAMP missile navigated a pre-programmed flight plan and emitted bursts of high-powered energy, effectively knocking out the target's data and electronic subsystems. CHAMP allows for selective high-frequency radio wave strikes against numerous targets during a single mission.

Many threads about EMP devices yet this missile can do it without setting off a nuke.

"This technology marks a new era in modern-day warfare," said Keith Coleman, CHAMP program manager for Boeing Phantom Works. "In the near future, this technology may be used to render an enemy’s electronic and data systems useless even before the first troops or aircraft arrive."

Now if we have this weapon you have to wonder who else does? There is a video when you click on the picture.
edit on 20-4-2013 by 727Sky because: video

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This is terrifying in implications and how it can used.

Imagine one of these flying over a nuke plant scrambling all the systems and safety systems.....

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
As weird as this sounds, I actually feel a little relieved.

I've been pondering an EMP strike for quite some time, and it's terrifying. But if we've developed something like this, wouldn't it make sense to think we've also developed a counter to it?

Maybe not. Maybe I'm very, very, very deluded. Still, for the moment, it feels nice.

Don't disillusion me just yet, please.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
As weird as this sounds, I actually feel a little relieved.

I've been pondering an EMP strike for quite some time, and it's terrifying. But if we've developed something like this, wouldn't it make sense to think we've also developed a counter to it?

Maybe not. Maybe I'm very, very, very deluded. Still, for the moment, it feels nice.

Don't disillusion me just yet, please.

The counter for an EMP is a Faraday Cage, those have been around since the 1800's.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

The only known counter measures would be to stop the delivery vehicle before Champ is released or intercept and destroy Champ itself. Range and speed is classified so no telling the stand-off range? Hard to build a Faraday cage around a city.....

I remember when the Neutron bomb was supposedly cancelled due to it's ability to kill just about everything down to Cockroaches yet leave all infrastructure intact. The ability to fight and win a war drives this stuff to unbelievable links.

I absolutely hate war but also accept the reality of the world we live in. War is not fun and war is not pretty but since the first bone was used as a club we have gotten better and better at destroying our enemies and maybe ourselves along they way?......

edit on 20-4-2013 by 727Sky because: edit
edit on 20-4-2013 by 727Sky because: edit

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
OR BETTER YET, create a nuke with a emp paulse on it so notting can shoot it down

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
reply to post by smyleegrl

The only known counter measures would be to stop the delivery vehicle before Champ is released or intercept and destroy Champ itself. Range and speed is classified so no telling the stand-off range? Hard to build a Faraday cage around a city.....

Well, that would be easier. But you don't need a Faraday cage or a TEMPEST rated building, although that would work. A lot of equipment is emission hardened against this sort of thing. Even some consumer goods hold up surprisingly well.

CHAMPs footprint is small - you can't fry up an entire city with one. But it's really sweet for tactical electronics sabotage.

USAF has something like this on a plane using CARMs, out at KAFB. Been running it for a few years now, making upgrades, changing the system around. I haven't seen that in the civvy press yet. It has a lot bigger output than CHAMP.

It should also be noted that a lot of advanced US fighters with AESA systems can do this same thing as a handy seldom-mentioned side-effect. You can put the AESA into directed fry mode and take out oncoming missiles, the occasional enemy fighter and ground targets. There are also some interesting ground based anti-aircraft systems that are deployed here and there right now that use directed HPM to fry up incoming missiles and fighter craft.

This stuff's already out there, it's just that it's not always that obvious.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Great post and thanks for adding content

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This missile and video has been out for a while now. Try putting CHAMP missile into the search engine at the top of the page.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 20-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
When I was in college I worked on several projects relating to EMP weapons. We were using highly charged electromagnets and imploding them. When the implosion event occurs it caused the EM field to pulse. They were very short ranged, but easy to build.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
Now if we have this weapon you have to wonder who else does?

Not only that but another important question is what else do they have that we don't know about?

A couple of years ago there was a lot of fuss about scalar waves, although most didn't believe it this just confirms it. Soon after that we saw the release of the military crowd control devices using microwaves and the hint of a machine called "the voice of god" which can put thoughts inside your head using this technology. It is said that the military is always around 30 years ahead in technology compared to what the general public knows. This doesn't surprise me when you consider the black budget, the ability to print free money (and the trillions of dollars in debt), secret bases with the most intelligent scientists working on these things.

The articles on scalar weaponry suggested the use of EMP shields, devices which could project an invisible shield around a plane, a vehicle or a city. It showed weapon types too like a ground based gun that could sweep the sky with a beam and effectively knock any plane or missile out the sky. This could be used by satellites too and blackout entire countries.

It then becomes a game of who can knock out who first. Then once you've knocked em out you take in the big guns and blow them up. Albert Einstein said "“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Yeah I had figured they were working on this , It was a matter of time when countries would figure out how to ultimately bypass their enemy with their pants down. Making a large scale ground and air invasion back on the table of war.

I wonder what countries have this technology developed ?

I did some looking around not sure how true it is or not

The commission survey found that the following nations were knowledgeable about EMP: China, Cuba, Egypt, India, Iran, Saddam Hussein's Iraq, North Korea, Pakistan, and Russia.
link

It appears we been making these for a long time. inserting times we live in
edit on 23/4/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
i also found it odd that the cameras we not knocked out the same time as the computers.?
could it boing and the government be trying hoax it ? As maybe they don't have the technology developed and someone beat them to the punch.

something seems fishy in the video

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

I wondered this also, but the guy explaning it said the camera's did get knocked out too. Either they learnt to shield the camera's from it or the video is a re-enactment only. I don't think there's anything suss about it, they have most likely had this tech longer than we realise.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TexanEngineer
When I was in college I worked on several projects relating to EMP weapons. We were using highly charged electromagnets and imploding them. When the implosion event occurs it caused the EM field to pulse. They were very short ranged, but easy to build.

I was about to ask what the effective footprint of the E1 wave would be. It takes an immense amount of energy to generate an E1 field with the 3D foot print AND especially depth (range) to be an effective weapon.

new topics

top topics

join