It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAN TAN VALLEY WALMART - SUSPICIOUS ITEM FOUND IN STORE (5 minutes ago)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I wonder what would happen if you went into Walmart and bought a backpack and a pressure cooker?

...or maybe a gun and a ski mask

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Probably the worst idea I've heard in a long time. Fun? You have an extremely bad sense of humor. Let us know how that worked out for ya. Of course, that may be several days, thousands of dollars and many cavity searches from now.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
reply to post by Mamatus

Probably the worst idea I've heard in a long time. Fun? You have an extremely bad sense of humor. Let us know how that worked out for ya. Of course, that may be several days, thousands of dollars and many cavity searches from now.

It was sarcasm.......... I have many hobbies and too little time. I was simply pointing out how easy it would be to put American cities into lock down.. Sorry for being subtle.......

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Anytime there is a high profile event people want to see the same thing around them. Remember the father and son duo sniping people out of the trunk of their car? People called in tons of similar reports after that made the news.

It's very sad people get so disillusioned with the world they wreak havoc on it. Even sadder that people would copy them in doing such things.

Batman shooting happened and a score of copycat killers or would be killers popped up, and for what? To get your 15 minutes of fame after the first one did? You're not even original good sir.

Nothing really changes with this sort of thing though, what happens on the news is never what actually happens. It's just a symptom of what really goes on behind the scenes. If people think they can make any kind of change by simply making the 8 o'clock spot they are sadly mistaken. They just become a statistic.

That's why I keep arguing that the media's style of sensationalist reporting is actually promoting and facilitating copycat and repeat acts of insanity.

Because it gives a free pass to any idiot to become famous instantly.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

That's why I keep arguing that the media's style of sensationalist reporting is actually promoting and facilitating copycat and repeat acts of insanity.

Because it gives a free pass to any idiot to become famous instantly.

One of the few points to emerge from these past few days I can say has a serious amount of truth in it.
Now when do we mandate EMS people to carry Darwin Awards?

M.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join