It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today at the police station, after my car got stolen....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I don't treat the police suspiciously...I did not say that...don't get it twisted.
I was raised to respect authority and to speak when spoken to by certain authorities in society.

I wasn't twisting anything, I was responding to what you actually said as opposed to what you actually meant

You said that you don't talk to police officers unless you have to.......what you meant to say is that you only speak to police officers when they speak to you......which is fine!

Why would you only speak to a police officer if they spoke to you first?........I'm not saying your wrong to do so, I'm just curious.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

Thanks for that

You've pretty much said what I thought was the case.

I wonder why American cops are so tetchy?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by mOjOm

I wonder why American cops are so tetchy?

Good question. I can really only give you my personal opinion in regards to such a complex question and in an effort to keep it short and simple I would say it comes from the same problem rooted throughout America as a whole too. That problem being "Egocentrism". "Egocentrism" is found everywhere on the planet and it effects humanity as a whole, however, I think in America it has become somewhat of an unique epidemic. I often refer to it as being "Americanized" when talking about it with other people I know. It's kinda difficult to explain, unless of course you've been born and raised here and have taken the time to really watch the way society changes over time. Then just the term "Americanized" will almost intuitively be understood to some degree most likely, although the details I'm sure would vary a little from person to person. Still, I'm guessing you can probably sorta get an idea of what I mean without me having to bore you with a long explanation of what I'm trying to say.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I would say 80% is a ingrained behavioral response from growing up in the ghetto. We are all "guilty" where I was raised.

The rest has various reasoning behind it. Though I would say I trust a lot less since I have been reading ATS. Not that that is going to stop me

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
You should be mad at the criminals for stealing your car. In 1985 a crack head broke my car window and stole a pack of cigarettes and some change.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Oh i was they did a great job. Trust me i appreciate that.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I've worked with a few cops that have retired early for whatever reason and then entry leveled into my profession and they appeared and acted just like everyone else. You know if they hadn't told me I would have never known. That tells me thats its mostly an air of entitlement that makes them act the way they do. I've seen some bad ones in my time on earth so far. Retired detectives dealing heroin in the town, running nightclubs, prostitutes.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I've found the best place to talk to cops is at a local bar. I've had some very lively discussions about rights, freedoms, suspects, etc. We don't always agree with each other's positions, but we come away with a better understanding of each other. There is a lieutenant I've known since he was a rookie who is trying to get into the FBI, I hope he makes it. And I know a retired seargent who seems to feel that suspects shouldn't have so many rights. We disagree, but I respect the amount of time he has put in and I feel he has earned the right to his opinion.

And I confess to a degree of jealousy over the ability some of them have to karaoke some Doo Wop.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Why would you only speak to a police officer if they spoke to you first?........I'm not saying your wrong to do so, I'm just curious.

To answer your question...which I really have already answered in a previous post...I will repeat...

I was raised to respect authority and to speak when spoken to by certain authorities in society.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abstruse
In my opinion, it's hard to trust the integrity of any police officer when they have a quota system.

It's not "hard" to trust their integrity. It's impossible.

These paramilitaries have been indoctrinated into thinking that using civil fines for financing "government" is perfectly acceptable. Once these troops have accepted this predator/prey relationship as "normal", anything becomes acceptable.

I have a sheriff nearby that has staked out a rural stretch of road for his county's "piggy bank". This rural road is 10 miles long and connects a high-speed, divided 4-lane to a small town. They continuously run unmarked cars back and forth, giving out citations that have absolutely nothing to do with public safety. Zero. Zip. Nada.

These are seriously messed up individuals.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I've been beaten up badly by cops in the past, but I've also had my arse saved by a few over the years, glad to see the flashing blue lights arrive.
Here in my part of the UK I think they're mostly human like the rest of us. If you give them a hard time they respond in the same way, but if you stay calm and reasonable then I've found them mostly to be just as willing to stay chilled.

I was in a conflict situation along with some friends against some private security guards in the public street some years ago and actually said "you don't know how pleased I am to see you" when the cops arrived. I remained calm and no charges were brought against me. It is these 'pretend' cops I worry more about than warrant carrying police officers. A five day security course for uneducated thugs does not provide what I would consider a safe and secure individual who might think they have authority over me.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

To answer your question...which I really have already answered in a previous post...I will repeat... I was raised to respect authority and to speak when spoken to by certain authorities in society.

Fair enough each to their own I guess

I have to say that I too respect authority, but that would in no way deter me from speaking to a police officer before they spoke to me........"To protect and serve" is , I believe , the motto of most police forces around the modern world......who knows.....you may be pleasantly surprised if you struck up a conversation with your local copper!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

He's most likely not a part of some vast conspiracy. Police are humans beings, just like you and I. Sometimes the power they're given can go to their heads, but, with groups like CopBlock out there training cameras on them as often as possible, the abuse and corruption within their elite group is beginning to waver. Accountability is finally being leveled at them.

But, they're human beings. They're allowed to have opinions concerning the world, their country, and events which shock their community. And, well, to be honest... he's right. The vast majority of the time, a conspiracy theory ends up being nothing but hot air. Concerning Boston, it was two teenagers who built dirty bombs with supplies they got at a local store. They probably got the recipe from the Anarchist's Cookbook, or something.

If it was a conspiracy, funded by a shadow Cabal, we would not have caught them so quickly. After all, a tragedy can be a tragedy without some puppeteer pulling hidden strings.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

As always Wanderingscribe, your input is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for the perspective.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join