It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today at the police station, after my car got stolen....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Today my car got stolen, and found. So bad and good, but i wouldnt to comment on something that happened at the police station.

First lemme just give you an idea of how crazy today was. Went to workout came out to get my car it was gone. Called the police they never came and then they finally called me to the police station saying they couldnt respond due to the number of officers on other calls. So file a report and while im at the station they start talking about my car over the scanner, i get my car file charges whatever. So thats over right...

Now im standing there talking to one of the officer while waiting for everything to finish and he starts talking about the Boston issue. He says something about how everyone wants there to be a conspiracy and before you know it where going to be chasing someone down across the globe like Osama. So i said, hey i read somewhere that Obama and Putin were communicating over this issue and that they provide intelligence on them that helped lead to the capture. He says, "oh crazy i didnt know that". Then goes on to tell me how the mother was accusing them of knowing about what happened and all that and how crazy it was. He then told me that there is always these kinds of conspiracies going on and that they are mostly BS.

I found this whole situation odd because in the town i live the past 2-3 years there has been multiple bust against police chiefs and the city council, and judges and the list goes on.

Now i'm just wondering what to make of that? Was this guy a dirty cop or what? Should i think theres more to the story with the current ongoing federal investigations and allegations against our local authorities in town and this is their form of damage control?

Just weird... I do have to say they got my car back fast and did a really good job.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
In my opinion, it's hard to trust the integrity of any police officer when they have a quota system.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Abstruse

Yeah i agree it was weird, i could tell they were viewing me as an outsider the entire time, like apprehensively.

They really do have this us vs them mentality.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Yeah i agree it was weird, i could tell they were viewing me as an outsider the entire time, like apprehensively.

That's because that's how we treat them.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by Abstruse

You aren't part of their above the law group so you aren't important.

Ever try to talk to a cop? Just talk? They are eye balling everything you do and suspicious of everything you say.

Best approach? None at all. Leave them alone, don't talk to them unless you absolutely have to. They are setting themselves above everyone else and you have no rights unless they allow you to have them in their presence.

I have to say not all cops are this way but the majority seem to be so the odds are not in our favor.

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

They have this attitude because there are people they know distrust them for choosing to be a police officer. Kind of like you. I have had very limited contact with the police, as a victim of identity theft. They helped. They helped you, right? Yet you look for ulterior motives, trying to find a speck of whatever so you know you can not trust them.

Try trusting them until they give you a real reason not to. I notice that you are not a police officer. Why not? Would you like to put your life on the line every shift you work? Would you like to deal with the dregs of society on a daily basis? Would you like to know that you and all your co-workers might die? Why are you not a firefighter, or an EMT? Same thing applies.

These people deserve you respect for doing what they do so you don't have to worry. When one is dirty, fine, charge him, fire him, even put him in jail. But don't paint all peace officers with the same brush because there are some bad ones out there. For every bad cop, there are tens or hundreds of good cops. You are applying "bad cop" in the way a racist says "dirty Jew" or "n***ger".

There is a thread about why a life in Syria is not as important as a life in Boston. It's because we behave ourselves differently. We have peace officers, looking for the kind of people who think it's okay steal someone's car, recover stolen cars so they can be returned to the owner, and hopefully make sure the thief is punished according to the law. Yeah, that sounds like a bad guy alright.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I dont know the car theft rate for those of you in America, sounds high.

In Singapore, its virtually zero.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Ever try to talk to a cop? Just talk? They are eye balling everything you do and suspicious of everything you say.

Well i did try to talk to them but they were talking to me like, i dont know how to explain it. They were examining everything i said and i wasnt apart of them or their group. Somewhat like you explain.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Well ive actually had experiences both bad and good. More recently since i left California they have been a lot better. In California i would say avoid all police contact at all costs no matter what.

Now where im at its been better, a lot better.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You aren't part of their above the law group so you aren't important. Ever try to talk to a cop? Just talk? They are eye balling everything you do and suspicious of everything you say. Best approach? None at all. Leave them alone, don't talk to them unless you absolutely have to. They are setting themselves above everyone else and you have no rights unless they allow you to have them in their presence.
I have to say not all cops are this way but the majority seem to be so the odds are not in our favor.

I disagree entirely.

Do cops react differently in social situations?.......often yes....it's the training, they aren't looking down on you, they are just trained to look a things analytically and I admit that it can appear that they are being aloof.

You say that the "majority of cops seem to act this way"....really?.......where? .....in America? if that is so then it sucks to be American!

Are there bad cops?....damn right there are!.....just as there are bad bus drivers and bad post men!..... here in the UK we tend to get the measure of bad cops, we have them of course we do, but they are certainly not in the majority, most of our "bad cops" no matter what their rank get weeded out eventually.

Funny how people seem to build an image of cops based on a few "rogue cop" youtube videos behaving like ass hats.....maybe if we posted youtube videos of some of the good cops in action we'd get a truer picture of our Police forces.

It's a shame that "bad cops" make better headlines than the average officer risking his/her life doing their duty.

edit on 20/4/2013 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I know in my small town the cops are snooty and will not talk to anyone not involved in the justice system and will continually recuit their friends to the force, while passing people who desire to help others by being cops.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I am just so curious...you got your car back... but did you find out who stole it?

As for talking to Police...I don't do it unless absolutely necessary.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RagnarDanniskjold

I know in my small town the cops are snooty and will not talk to anyone not involved in the justice system and will continually recuit their friends to the force, while passing people who desire to help others by being cops.

Not being from America I'm wondering how that works........does your "small town" recruit police officers directly?

Do they not have a state recruitment department?....if not that is madness!

In the UK you apply to a particular force, be it the Met or GMP, you the may be posted to a small town, but the small town will not have appointed you.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Why not?

You'll find that people who treat the police suspiciously........ will usually be treated suspiciously by the police.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I met up with some cops at my local motorcycle shop. They welcomed me to ride with them on an off day. I did. Man those boys can toss a bike through the canyons. Trust me, they are not all bad. When you get to go out and carve canyons with a cop you will have an entirely new perspective on them.

Like any other human some are letter of the law officers, some are spirit of the law officers. The spirit of the law officers are good people.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by caladonea

Why not?

You'll find that people who treat the police suspiciously........ will usually be treated suspiciously by the police.

I don't treat the police suspiciously...I did not say that...don't get it twisted.

I was raised to respect authority and to speak when spoken to by certain authorities in society.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I come down on both sides of this issue.

I have friends that are cops and I would trust them 100%.

On the other hand..... today I was pulling up to my apartment and there was a cop parked there. I automatically approached slow to see if they were looking for/at me. I drove around the block and then came back and they were still there. I have not committed any crimes (as of late) and I had no reason to be apprehensive. It was just an automatic response.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

You definately aren't familiar with the typical american cop. Which is fine, you're not from here. But they are different here. Not to say they are all crooked cops or anything like that but they are different. Most often they come off as being "superior" to the average citizen in which they come in contact with. They tend to treat just about everyone as if they are guilty of something or lying about something or as an inconvienience. This of course also depends on what rank of officer you're dealing with and thier time as a LEO and what positions they've held.

They are not like UK or European Law Enforcement or even like American Law enforcement was a few decades ago. The best way to describe it might be to say they are much more militant perhaps. And yes, it does kinda suck to be an American when having to deal with many LEO's.

There isn't any big conspiracy behind it though, just human conditioning and training and personality types. Certain types of personality types are more suited for that type of job and combined with radically more enhanced training and a increasingly more technologically dangerous environment with more and more people and activity is enough to produce exactly what we see.

Most of them are really just normal people with advanced training and a very stressfull job and because of that they are forced into living their lives in a different way. Some are good, some not so good, some are bad, just like all other people.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Having the experience of growing up around cops, I think they have two very different sides to them as people and from the career. I don't think they can even control that aspect, only how long it takes to develop and fully take hold.

On one side, they are social like every person is yet ..not quite how any other person is. In this, it isn't their fault, but how many years of being treated differently and a part of the old group while NOT a part of it, can they go through without turning to pretty much other cops and law enforcement for 90+% of their social circle? We all do little things and talk or joke about it. From maybe running a red light out of sheer annoyance when it sits red too long with no traffic in sight for miles, to cheating on taxes a little, to whatever else. Awkward moments when one of the group is an off-duty cop friend (how many honestly don't think of them in that order, even if knowing them before they became cops?) and technically he "can't" hear that, even then?

The other thing? I'd say the VAST majority of people any cop encounters while ON-duty are pretty much having the worst day of their personal lives. Either as a victim of something that is in the process of just starting to change them or the bad guy who just went from free to looking at possible jail or prison for something. Almost no one is 100% honest with cops, even victims ..and THEY know that as well as we would admit it to each other. So, by definition, almost everyone they meet in Uniform is lying to them on one level or another.

Is it any wonder they become changed by and sometimes fully into the 'us and them' mentality after just a few years at it? The good cops are the ones who deal with that and don't abuse people, despite all of the above...not for lack of dealing with the same issues as the bad ones that let it define them, IMO.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Do you equate your response to an intuitive feeling or do you think its because your on ATS reading anti-cop rhetoric?

-PomPomJammer
edit on 20-4-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join