It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS running Slow Any Help Appreciated.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Anyone know why my ATS is so slow that I can't star anyone unless i wait forever? The rest of my computer and internet are running fine? It is not quicktime i got rid of that. i made sure ATs can give cookies...any suggestions?
edit on 20-4-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

It may be from ATS running such a heavy load of viewer traffic due to the Boston Bombings. Traffic from those reading here has taken a sharp upturn this past few days.

JMOHO....

Des

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks I never even thought of that.
I do have high speed internet. still I guess it does get busy.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

We were having some issues with the very heavy traffic loads in the past few days but it's much quieter now so it shouldn't be a big problem. It's running absolutely fine for me here, but I'm in Europe. Maybe it's a regional issue, dependent on what it's routing through to get to you?

PS: just saw your other post. Even if you have high-speed internet it doesn't always help you much when things slow up online. It's like having a Ferrari and then getting stuck in rush hour traffic. It's got the ability to go a heck of a lot faster, but it can only go as fast as the total traffic will allow.

In your case, it could even be an ISP issue. (Just maybe, I mean.) Try a few other US-based sites you're familiar with and see if they load as fast as usual, or if there are any issues with them. If they're all good then it's more likely it's ATS-specific, or at least their server route.

edit on 20/4/13 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thanks for your thoughts on this. All I know is it used to be fast, been a few days to a week like this. I have Charter Internet but I do use a Linksys router, all other sites are running fine.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I have no idea either as I'm running normally here. Curious to know why quick time would be suspect if you were running it?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Okay, so it sounds like a glitch here onsite. For you, at least. I've done a bit of post starring in this thread and the response time was as fast as normal.

It would be great if other US-based members could chime in, especially if you're in the same general region as Char-lee. (West coast, right?)

Meanwhile, you could try logging out for a minute and clearing cache if you've not done that already, then log back in. See if that helps.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Thanks Yes West Coast, I tried it just now, still the same.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
it's probably due to the fact that you have been tagged as a potential terrorist because you get all your information from extremist sites like this one and you are being tracked by the FBI.. it takes extra time to report all your internet activity back to head office and that slows everything down

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I find that ATS slows down for me when I have FB open in another tab. For some reason a system drain.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Thanks,
I don't use FB. it took 25 seconds to star post.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenixrising10

In that case we should all be slow!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I find that ATS slows down for me when I have FB open in another tab. For some reason a system drain.

While i have you here can you tell me why photos I put in a close up? All I see is a small box in place of my pictures?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Not sure what you mean. You mean your image uploads on ATS?

EDIT: or as it's late here and I'm going offline, just send me a U2U and explain the issue and if I can't help, I'll post in a staff forum for you and ask some of our tech geek staff to have a look at the problem.

edit on 20/4/13 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I am having similar issues. ATS keeps logging me off and making me log back on and then I keep getting page timed out messages. Servers are probably inundated with traffic from yesterday's craziness.

Just know, you are not alone!
~K

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

That is what I do, so now I am thinking that is my problem. Closing facebook now to see if that helps.

Isnt it nice to see ATS is my priority?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
ATS has been having a slew of issues lately, some great and some not so much.... from DDoS attacks to the highest recorded traffic we've ever had... these things all can lead to slow loading times and even to the site being inaccessible for short periods.

Having said that, these issues should be intermittent and not constant.

So here is my advice:

1) Clear history, cookies, saves pages, passwords... all of it.
2) Disable all plug ins and add-ons
3) Restart browser. if this resolves the problem, begin reloading the add-ons and plug-ins one at a time to see if any are causing conflict.

If this does not help:

1) Run Malwarebytes, or GMER

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Check. Check. Check. It worked. I also rebooted!

Thank you! I hope the OP has their issue fixed as well. I love ats...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Great advice there from Heff.

I'd also just like to mention that some users might be running computers that have never been properly cleaned. With most operating systems, every time you get on the internet, your computer starts saving data and over time the cache can get huge and even run into gigabytes. This is mostly rubbish that you don't really need and ultimately it can start to slow down the whole system.

One way to clean up most of this is with reliable and stable cleaner software. I use CCleaner at least once a day. (It's free.) There are other free versions (like Glary Utilities, for example), so if you want, just try different ones and see what works best for you.

A woman I knew had had her laptop for almost a year and never cleaned it. She didn't even know her computer was saving all this stuff from her internet surfing! So I installed a cleaner and ran it and she had over 5 GB of rubbish sitting on her hard disc! After it was all cleaned out the thing ran better.

Stuff to note: make sure your internet browser is shut down before you use a cleaner program. Most cleaners can't effectively clean a cache while it's open or running. Also, if you're running a cleaner for the first time it can take a while to get the job done. (Minutes, not hours!) Just let it run and go make a coffee or something.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I have CCleaner but only have run it about once a year!

I was wondering can blocking 3rd party cookies have caused a problem, I know at some point I was tired of doubleclick and blocked that and I changed the 3rd party cookies setting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join