It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unsolved and Grisley Murder Of Brendan Mess, Tamerlan Tsarnaev's Best Friend

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

He was a gold gloves boxer. That is pretty good.
I would not simply step into a ring with one. If I had to defend myself i am sure I could, but if you get someone high, walk in a bathroom, come back and slit their throats it could be easier than you think. In the shock of what is happening, most people freeze. This is why multiple people can be killed and people wonder why and how. It is a psychological thing.

Especially if someone is not expecting it. Sad. Wonder if the FBI knew about this one too....

edit on 22-4-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
reply to post by jiggerj

I would not simply step into a ring with one. If I had to defend myself i am sure I could, but if you get someone high, walk in a bathroom, come back and slit their throats it could be easier than you think. In the shock of what is happening, most people freeze. This is why multiple people can be killed and people wonder why and how. It is a psychological thing.

Especially if someone is not expecting it. Sad. Wonder if the FBI knew about this one too....

Good post, I didn't miss the simile either.
What does always cause a titter, is that some things never change, especially in the digital age. When a crime is committed and there is no resolution, it is called shortage of evidence, under the umbrella of lack of intelligence, (police jargon for nobody's talking) when it's as plain as the nose on your face everybody's talking to someone, and someone is hearing someone talking

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

link

sorry 3000 pounds...uk article...old convert rate
according to the article he was a dealer too...this could be where he got his money and stayed under the radar...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

It is a pretty sensationalized story. I will have to say. And it is the Mirror, they don't have a lot of street cred, anyway this is partially what they said:

More than £3,000 in cash was left in the flat where the triple murder took place.

There was also no sign of a forced entry, leaving detectives to believe the killer was known to the victim and was let in to the apartment.

Ray said he met Tamerlan through friends at the Wai Kru Mixed Martial Arts gym in 2010.

take it with some unground sea salt

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Chechen terorists are well known for slitting throats . There is tons of videos

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
'Cut Throats' ...
Not exactly the murder method of choice for many bad guys here in the USA.
So what group of people or what kind of person uses slitting throats ??

To the OP ... very interesting find.

MS 13 drug gang, well not necessarily throats, but they have some rather large machetes.
edit on 23-4-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
reply to post by jiggerj

This reminded me of a story Lt. Col Herbert told in his non-fiction book, "Soldier," of how incapacitated fighting men can become when stoned on M___ J___.

A US Army patrol was found killed in the jungle (no survivors), not one soldier fired his weapon or showed any signs of having fought back. They had been sitting down, smoking M___ J___ when ambushed.

I think Herbert was the most decorated US soldier in the Korean War & Vietnam, but don't quote me on that -- it's been a long time since I've read that book. But I never forgot that story.

Of course, the Vietcong were encouraging as much drug use as possible among the American GI's.
Many came back as heroin addicts.

en.wikipedia.org...(US_soldier)

www.amazon.com...

edit on 23-4-2013 by AuranVector because: to add links

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
'Cut Throats' ...
Not exactly the murder method of choice for many bad guys here in the USA.
So what group of people or what kind of person uses slitting throats ??

To the OP ... very interesting find.

The cutting of the throats is a very well know Russian preferred killing method, I'm gonna have to try and find some more info on this just out of curiosity .

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that this kid was killed on 9/11 on the 10th anniversary? Coincidence or leaving a message for the future when it is found out.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
And CNN is running with this story today

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Boston Bomb Suspect Eyed in Connection to 2011 Triple Murder

Article here link

In the wake of the revelations about the violent nature of accused marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev, investigators in the Boston suburbs tell ABC News they are probing whether he may have been involved in an unsolved grisly triple homicide of a former roommate and two others. The murders took place around the tenth anniversary of the September 11 attacks.

So is this a case of dead men tell no tales? was he complicit? Are the authorities seizing an opportunity to wrap up a case? It all seems very interesting to me that they would not have thought him a poi before but now due to his "violent nature" they are looking into him. I don't know what to make of this but I find it very interesting to say the least.

That is all

Trowa
edit on 24/4/13 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Quite interesting

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
Note how it says that Brendan Mess was introduced to the gym owner by Tamarlan. In another thread it says that the murdered campus cop and Tamarlan were both members of that same gym. Lots of ties to that gym with these murder victims.

I went down this Rabbit hole just now.
The article you linked Here only says ''Gym owner Allan ''

So I took a look around and found THIS Which is about The dead MIT police guy Sean Collier and there is a tidbit about how he worked in the local Somerville Boxing gym where Tamerlan hadn't been seen for several years according to the Co-owner Bob Covino. It is possible ''Allan'' is the other Co-owner. Link to Boxing club

There is also further info that he sparred at a local MMA club - Wai Kru
Where he even Sparred with UFC fighter John Howard according to THIS Though most of the atricle is the other fighters and people saying he only went there a few times to spar (no Timeline either). Though Allan could be from here too.

One other bit I found interesting down here is in this article There is a few photos of him training (in the past) in a recent article (post bombings) but the photos have old captions that have previously been mentioned elsewhere like ''Will Box for Food'' I thought the following was interesting

''If he wins enough fights there, Tamerlan says he could be selected for the US Olympic team and be naturalized American. Unless his native Chechnya becomes independent, Tamerlan says he would rather compete for the United States than for Russia.'' - Though, could very well be double/triple agent tactics or totally harmless.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join