It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck pledges $50,000 to Immigrant family facing deportation.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Did you know that Glenn Beck has pledged $50,000 to the legal fund of an immigrant family facing deportation from the United States? As of April 9, a petition to the White House to grant the family permanent asylum, organized by Christian conservative groups, topped 100,000 signatories, the threshold to trigger a response from the administration.

Confused? I can explain. The Romeike family aren’t just any immigrants. They are evangelical Christians from Germany. And, oh yeah, they’re white.

Link

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen. These are the types of immigrants that Right Wing conservative Christians don't really have a problem with. Even if they are facing deportation.

Obviously if they are facing deportation then they are here illegally and are breaking the law. We must deport them before the wife pops out an anchor baby

This family lied at the border in order to get a 90 day Visa, then they over stayed their visa. They purposefully broke the law and this just exposes Glenn Beck as the racist nut-job that he has always been.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hey Muse? I read the article with the expectation that I'd actually come out agreeing with you on this one. I mean, I don't see a difference in skin color or origin. Here illegal is here illegal and whether from Ireland, Germany or Mexico shouldn't matter one bit.

Then I got to what seems to be the heart of it?

Michael Farris Jr. told me. “I was just told to basically say that their current legal status is good.” Farris then called me back a few minutes later to say that the Romeikes came to the country on Aug. 16, 2008, under the visa waiver program, which allows citizens of Germany to stay in the United States for 90 days strictly for tourism or business purposes. On Nov. 17, 2008 — 93 days later — the family (with the help of the home-schooling group) filed to adjust their status under the waiver program and apply for asylum
(Op Link

Is this really about their having missed a file date by 72 hours and having done everything else correct, on down the line? If so...? Well, I'd be behind a Mexican family fighting something like this too. Technicalities are one thing but this would be nit picking to such an extreme, it would be called outright racist enforcement if done on this basis alone and against Mexicans or OTM stay-overs?

On the other hand...if the article is leaving quite a bit out for how they violated things in other ways or disregarded the system and requirements? Then I'm back where I started and saying color and national original makes no difference. They can catch a flight home and apply from there ...like everyone else. So, is there more than a 3 days lapse of a deadline 5 years ago?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Before opening the thread I was actually a little happy to read someone with a name setting an example, then I see this white family and all hope is gone again. Where's the $50,000 and 100K signatures for my hard working Latino brothers and sisters.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The family is seeking asylum because they want to home-school their children. Something which is not allowed in Germany and they claim that is a human rights violation. The U.S. Government does not believe that to be the case and will not grant them asylum. That's basically what I got out of it.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Well, I see your point then. I think it's obscene to abuse the asylum system so totally as to claim it for 'Educational Freedom'. Perhaps the children would learn far more with a tour of some of the darker corners of Africa, South America and Asia to see what life is like in nations the true asylum seekers originate from. As it is, the lesson seems to be ....when the going gets tough, don't try and change the causes ...just run somewhere that rules can be abused to accommodate an easier life.

Yes, when taken with the asylum basis? I had a feeling I'd end up agreeing with you on this one. Beck does need to be a WHOLE lot more careful about ethics or values that adapt to context and details of who is at the middle of a story. It makes it flat out impossible to debate the serious issues of illegal immigration and be taken seriously in even a passing way.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Gee, big surprise right wing conservatives tend to only hate "illegals" when they tend to be more tan and hail from more southerly locales...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
Before opening the thread I was actually a little happy to read someone with a name setting an example, then I see this white family and all hope is gone again. Where's the $50,000 and 100K signatures for my hard working Latino brothers and sisters.

My thoughts exactly.. except I see the present day irony of America as settled by the vast wild west originally Asians wiped out 95% leaving 5% Native Amerindians, replacing the 95% with predominantly European immigrant influx and later, Iraeli/Jews, with an African slave/worker secondary 'race', a Latino 'majority minority'.. keeping Asian immigration/population limited to the same 5% of Native Amerindians = a perverse method to US immigration double standards, indeed. Pobres amigos!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Yay! Another conservatives are racist thread.

Who didn't see this coming?

This crap is pathetic race bating garbage.

-Hispanic Conservative

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Yay! Another conservatives are racist thread.

Who didn't see this coming?

This crap is pathetic race bating garbage.

-Hispanic Conservative

Nope just a thread pointing out intellectual dishonesty by glen beck, which it seems like Hes fine with Illegal immigrants getting amnesty IF its from a European country.

BUT make it a South American one and he thinks its destroying the country.
edit on 20-4-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

You just busted yourself with this one........

Are you mad that it is a white family from Germany? Or our you upset that they might NOT be voting Democrat???

It really amazes me that you guys on the left are all for allowing anyone from the southern border to come into this country, but as to your OP, you are turning this into a right/left argument over someone from a European country being allowed in, THEN deported!

So which one is it Muse?

I know you are all for allowing those from the southern border to come into the country, but is your issue with this showing your "racism" because these people are white, or the fact the your partisanship is showing your hypocrisy and ignorance that your are basing this on a persons skin color?

Immigration should be based on those whom follow the laws of this country and NOT partisan political bullsnip!

Wow! I really thought you had more sense than this, to call out a party as racist, while proving your just as racist as they are! The law is the law! Don't like it, change it! But to stand on your partisan pedestal and call out the "RACE CARD" really shows you are not any better than your so called political enemy!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

They're not even trying to hide it anymore are they? For what reason must this family get special treatment and yet other families of hispanic origin (and other non-european) don't? This right here is racial bias at it's finest.

Apparently supporters of this family such as Home School Legal Defense Association are also using international law (well I'll be
) to make the case that they should be granted asylum. Also, something to note about precedent set if we were to go out of our way to accommodate this one family:

If homeschooling were sufficient to grant you asylum in the U.S., what other laws of general applicability in other countries could get you asylum here? Remember my Nazi advocacy example? That would be the tip of the iceberg. What about countries where private tun ownership is barred? or countries where wearing the burka in public is banned? This would mean a complete transformation in the way the Department of Justice handles asylum cases.

www.patheos.com...

edit on 20-4-2013 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Immigration should be based on those whom follow the laws of this country and NOT partisan political bullsnip!

Oh really? Then this family outta leave then, right? Since they were ruled that they were not eligible to seek asylum under our laws? Explain to us why this family must get special treatment above all other families, legal immigrants, seeker?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hmm what do you all call it when Mexican/Americans harbor millions of illegal Mexicans, and chant Mexico 's national anthem as their own?

What do you call it when our own elected officials are afraid of doing anything about it because of the "Spanish" voting power?

What do you call it when taxes from many states are being sucked into supporting illegal's in school and medical etc? And once again no one seems to care to do anything about it.

BUT holly # we throw the racist card any chance we get on a non-Spanish family trying to stay....

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I love the excuses coming in here. Somehow the reason this particular family should get special treatment under our asylum laws is because all the other non-white immigrants fail to integrate anyway, right? So white German Christian families, A-ok, none-white Mexican families (especially non-christian ones), not ok, because they all can't integrate. Do you know what I call this? I call this racism.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

They're not even trying to hide it anymore are they? For what reason must this family get special treatment and yet other families of hispanic origin (and other non-european) don't? This right here is racial bias at it's finest.

Wow, the 20 million illegal Hispanics in this country need to hide? Go into a California public school and see 1/3 of the kids hiding in the corner...lol

It seems most here are for illegal aliens, well except for the ones Glen Beck supports...not sure what we should call that, but hell I'm fair I'll send one illegal Germany family back across the border along with 10 million illegal Hispanic families any day...deal?
edit on 20-4-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Wow, the 20 million illegal Hispanics in this country need to hide?

So because many of the illegals here are non-white Hispanics, somehow we should throw a blanket over certain types of immigrants of ethnic origin and make it harder for them, yet for for white immigrants, especially christian home school ones, we should give them special treatment? Because they're German, white, and not Hispanic? Please, clarify your position for me again, thanks, because I'm alittle dumbfounded that this is the argument that appears to be going around for many supporting this family.

It seems most here are for illegal aliens,

It seems like the OP and some members here like myself clearly understand that there should be no special treatment for any 'kind' of immigrant under our immigration laws, and that they should be enforced. Members like you on their other seem to support illegal immigration, provided it supports your personal and social agenda.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I love the excuses coming in here. Somehow the reason this particular family should get special treatment under our asylum laws is because all the other non-white immigrants fail to integrate anyway, right? So white German Christian families, A-ok, none-white Mexican families (especially non-christian ones), not ok, because they all can't integrate. Do you know what I call this? I call this racism.

Is it special treatment or working within the rules...the millions of undocumented illegal that come over the border ARE NOT EVEN DOCUMENTED...hence the term.

I would also bet this "speical treatment" happens all the time with Hispanics too.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Please, clarify your position for me again, thanks, because I'm alittle dumbfounded that this is the argument that appears to be going around for many supporting this family.

I'm not supporting this family in the least...

It seems most here are for illegal aliens,

It seems like the OP and some members here like myself clearly understand that there should be no special treatment for any 'kind' of immigrant under our immigration laws, and that they should be enforced. Members like you on their other seem to support illegal immigration, provided it supports your personal and social agenda.

I don't support it in the least, but it is funny how we can do a thing to 20 million and you all scream "racist and speical treatment" when the same thing happen to a white family.

The system is broken, period. That is why 20 million Hispanics and one Germany family are illegally here.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Is it special treatment or working within the rules...the millions of undocumented illegal that come over the border ARE NOT EVEN DOCUMENTED..

Yet, it's perfectly fine for this family to get special treatment because they're not (1) Mexican (2) they're white! and (3) they home school their kids. But all the other non-white immigrants and refugees of real plight, seeking refuge through our asylum law, no, they can't get this special treatment, because hey, they're not white, German, and evangelical (all these).

I would also bet this "speical treatment" happens all the time with Hispanics too.

No we don't give special treatment to Hispanics, in fact we've been cracking down on illegal immigration over our southern border and in this country at record numbers:
www.npr.org...

So this excuse doesn't stand.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I'm not supporting this family in the least

Oh really, then where's your outrage? It's certainly not included in your outrage against hispanic immigrants in this country. The truth is, you do support special treatment for this family, and you don't want to be caught out having to explain yourself away for supporting them over non-white, non german and evangical groups seeking asylum in this country, so you pretend this isn't really your position, like all the other members are going to pretend here. Then we'll play another game of hide and seek on this board, because some people are too cowardly to fess up to their true positions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join