It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Bush will start the draft..and how

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Draft

I believe this is how Bush will start the draft and have the support of the "Red States"

[edit on 3-11-2004 by dgtempe]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well, just think of all the jobs he will "create"........thought you wanted more jobs???

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Oh I agree dawnstar if bush wars kill enough american troops that means more space to fill in for jobs, humm......made sense.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Dawnstar: I hope you're draftable.

Marg, it makes sense that he would go about it this way.
Can we doubt anything this president does from here on?
Not me. This is coming soon, im afraid.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Beating a dead horse with this topic....been discussed quite in depth....:
Draft reinstated, 2005
US Draft Status in Black & White.....
There are NO plans for a draft
A Vote for Bush is a Vote for the Draft
SECURITY: The Draft
About the Draft

This Minnesota article mentions something 'new' about such previous speculations? High unlikely.
Keep beating that already dead horse to death.....rather pointless with such near-past ATS threads declaring and asserting the same type discussion(s).

seekerof

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
There will be no draft in America, period. However, I wouldn�t mind if there was a draft. The liberals would be tripping over each other trying to escape America. That would be a, �riot�. As for me, I served once I�d serve again.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I don't know how anyone here or anywhere can predict this future one way or the other.

Of course there will be a draft... But only when if there are no other options... and this would depend on what happenes in the future.

So really saying there will or will not be a draft one way or the other is pure ignorance!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
I don't know how anyone here or anywhere can predict this future one way or the other.

Of course there will be a draft... But only when if there are no other options... and this would depend on what happenes in the future.

So really saying there will or will not be a draft one way or the other is pure ignorance!

Well, you're right on one part! Bush will not re-instate the draft. He's said it publicly, and he's given plenty of reasons why he won't have to. If you weren't listening to that, it's your problem. Like Seekerof said, this has been discussed numerous times.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
People get in your nice intelligent heads, bush can do anything he wants to right now because is his last 4 years. So if he wants the draft he will bring it.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
So if he wants the draft he will bring it.

But he's made it clear that he DOESN'T WANT THE DRAFT.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman

Originally posted by marg6043
So if he wants the draft he will bring it.

But he's made it clear that he DOESN'T WANT THE DRAFT.
Herman, you actually believe what Bush says?

Do you think he's actually telling the truth THIS ONE TIME?
Mr. Bush has big plans for the young people of America.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
As a former soldier the last thing I would want in this country is a draft. A military volunteer wants to fight for his country and is highly motivated and disciplined. A drafted conscript makes for a poor soldier. I�d go stark raving mad if I had to listen to some cowardly liberal whine, bitch and complain all the time while we were in a theater of war.

Keep the cry babies at home and let the real men fight our wars.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Machine
As a former soldier the last thing I would want in this country is a draft. A military volunteer wants to fight for his country and is highly motivated and disciplined. A drafted conscript makes for a poor soldier. I�d go stark raving mad if I had to listen to some cowardly liberal whine, bitch and complain all the time while we were in a theater of war.

Keep the cry babies at home and let the real men fight our wars.
Its for this very reason I think they should draft Republicans first.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

From Senator Harkin's Article
Many soldiers whose enlistment period is up are not being allowed to leave the service, and those who left the service years ago are being forced to put on the uniform again against their wills. It is clear that we already have a back-door draft. Bush has effectively ended the all-volunteer military.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

For a Senator to make these statements is indefensible, and as he well knows, is a LIE!

Those soldiers who have not been allowed to leave the service fall under the stop-loss provision clearly outlined in their contract, which they signed, acknowledging understanding and agreement.

As for the soldiers "being forced to put on the uniform again against their wills", they too signed the contract. There are no 4 year military contracts. There are no 3 year military contracts. There are no 6 year military contracts.

There are only 8 year contracts. Every contract of enlistment signed by a soldier is an 8 year contract. If you want to blame someone for this fact, you can blame the congress post-Vietnam era, but you can't blame any one president, no matter how failing.

Indeed, Bush has already imposed stage one of a new draft.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This statement is a lie, and all those who do not understand this need to educate themselves so as not to continue to be duped by those representatives of the left (and right) that would cause continued division amongst the people.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Maybe Bush.. even has fanatical as he is.. would probably never put in a draft. Just think of Vietnam and the protests.. imagine that happening again but far more.

Bush would need to draft people just to keep order at home

top topics

join